Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

altor wrote: »
    If you are using inertia/contacts and contacts on the same loop then instead of putting the loop in the sensor 1-2 wire the contact direct into 1-2. It makes no difference if they are at the end or the start of the loop.

I did try this but I am getting 4.64K even on the loop if this contact is broken. What I have is shock sensor with inertia to shock sensor with contact to shock sensor with inertia (this is end of line). If the first or last magnet is removed I get 9.2k but the removal of contact 2 makes no difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

If you can take a picture or draw a diagram of your sensors and wiring more than happy to see where you are going wrong.

In the contact sensor I do not want the wires showing as my windows are recessed from the frame.So I placed my shock on the top of the frame. Drilled behind it and pulled 2 wires through to the contact. It looks much neater than running wires down the frame. Should I be looping connecting the wiring to my last sensor through the contact? I was hoping to avoid this?

Sorry in the diagram 1 & 2 are also linked on the last sensor.

I see where you went wrong, Please find correction to your drawing attached.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What make of sensor is this?
    Im presuming
    1 2 Contact
    3 4 Inertia
    5 6 Tamper

Is that correct?

edit: Never mind Altor got it sorted:)

Standard global I assume.
    1-6 contact
    2-5 inertia
    3-4 tamper

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Got it.
    I was looking at it the wrong way round.:o

Super Stuff Altor. Just checked it and it works. Thank you.

Its a HKC sensor

• Advertisement

Wigster wrote: »
    Super Stuff Altor. Just checked it and it works. Thank you.

Your welcome, all easy when you know how :D
    Any other problems let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DartryK

Hi guys, I'm new here so please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place. I did a few searches and couldn't find a direct answer to my question below. I came up with this thread as having a lot of clever guys who probably know what's what!

I'm about to start a whole house installation, trying to work out what exactly is the deal with the HKC point ID sensors. Reading the HKC blurb it implies that you can wire additional contacts into the ID sensor. My question is, say if I have 4 openings on one window, can I wire up just one MC ID sensor and connect 3 reed contacts into it and will they all show up on that particular point ID? Am I making sense here?

Any help that you can give would be brilliant, as I really need to make some decisions about what hardware to buy. I love the idea of the point ID sensors but I won't bother with them if you can't add additional contacts as I've described.

Thanks in advance!

DartryK wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm new here so please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place. I did a few searches and couldn't find a direct answer to my question below. I came up with this thread as having a lot of clever guys who probably know what's what!

I'm about to start a whole house installation, trying to work out what exactly is the deal with the HKC point ID sensors. Reading the HKC blurb it implies that you can wire additional contacts into the ID sensor. My question is, say if I have 4 openings on one window, can I wire up just one MC ID sensor and connect 3 reed contacts into it and will they all show up on that particular point ID? Am I making sense here?

Any help that you can give would be brilliant, as I really need to make some decisions about what hardware to buy. I love the idea of the point ID sensors but I won't bother with them if you can't add additional contacts as I've described.

Thanks in advance!

That is correct. There is an alarm and tamper input on the sensor that the contact is wired into to cover additional openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DartryK

Fantastic! Thanks a million Altor. That really helps me figure out which way to go. I hope you don't mind if I pop in here a bit with a few more questions over the next few months as I work my way through this job following my builder around the house...

Once again, thanks for the prompt response.

DartryK wrote: »
    Fantastic! Thanks a million Altor. That really helps me figure out which way to go. I hope you don't mind if I pop in here a bit with a few more questions over the next few months as I work my way through this job following my builder around the house...

Once again, thanks for the prompt response.

Your welcome DartryK, feel free to post any problems you come across.
    You will get all the help you need here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Gunth

Hi guys,
    First of all please excuse my complete lack of knowledge on house alarms so hopefully I have come to the right people. I recently moved into a house that has an alarm fitted with a HKC panel.
    My first question is that I had to turn off the mains power recently and the alarm went off outside the house but I could not deactivate the alarm at the panel as it was powered off. Should the control panel have its own power source?
    Also the only documentation I received with the alarm was a leaflet explaining where the different zones are and I want to change the password as we are using the same one as the previous owners. There are no instructions on the leaflet to do this.
    The alarm has being going off at random times and the error message reads that there is a issue with the utility room but everything is okay in the utility room as in no sign of forces entry. Could this be a faulty sensor?
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Gunth.

Gunth wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    First of all please excuse my complete lack of knowledge on house alarms so hopefully I have come to the right people. I recently moved into a house that has an alarm fitted with a HKC panel.
    My first question is that I had to turn off the mains power recently and the alarm went off outside the house but I could not deactivate the alarm at the panel as it was powered off. Should the control panel have its own power source?
    It has its own back up battery that should hold the system up.
    This will need to be replaced.
    Also the only documentation I received with the alarm was a leaflet explaining where the different zones are and I want to change the password as we are using the same one as the previous owners. There are no instructions on the leaflet to do this.
    When you enter your user code does it bring you into the user menu or just set instantly?
    The alarm has being going off at random times and the error message reads that there is a issue with the utility room but everything is okay in the utility room as in no sign of forces entry. Could this be a faulty sensor
    If it only activates on this zone when it is set it could be a faulty sensor or contact or a wiring problem.

Thanks for the response KoolKid.
    I'm assuming I have to contact the installer to rectify all of the issues or is it possible that I will be able to do some of the work myself? Am I better off contacting the installer or going with an independent?

Is it a case of buying a battery and removing the old one and simply slotting the new one in place and where would you get one?

When I enter the user code the alarm sets instantly.

Your code should give you access to all user menus,
    Your installer either didnt set up the code correctly or intentionally denied you these basic permissions in the hope of future revenue.
    Either way I'd go with someone else if I were you.
    The battery change is easy enough, but if you plan getting someone out anyway you may as well get them to put in a new one for you.
    If you want to have a go at checking the sensors yourself get a multi meter & Ill go through it with you.

Thanks again KoolKid for the advice. I will search for an independent this week and get them out to have a look at it.

• Advertisement

No bother, if you need anything else let us know.

Hi guys,
    The alarm has being going off at random times and the error message reads that there is a issue with the utility room but everything is okay in the utility room as in no sign of forces entry. Could this be a faulty sensor?
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Gunth.

Defaulting the system if not engineer locked will allow you full access to the panel. There is more than likely a faulty device in the utility room causing the alarm to go off randomly. A test with a multi meter if you have one will find the fault. The battery for this alarm is a 12V 7Amp, also very easy to change yourself. Just make sure you turn off the mains to the alarm system before opening the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skiman

Hi,

I've recently installed a HKC SW812 control panel and RKP in my house. All is well with the alarm, except, it does NOT allow me to add a temp user using the 0*6 option. "Access denied" appears on the LCD or "TMP User Code Error". I assume I am doing something wrong or I've NOT enabled something in the system setup? Could someone advise on a solution.

Thanks in advance.

skiman wrote: »
    Hi,

I've recently installed a HKC SW812 control panel and RKP in my house. All is well with the alarm, except, it does NOT allow me to add a temp user using the 0*6 option. "Access denied" appears on the LCD or "TMP User Code Error". I assume I am doing something wrong or I've NOT enabled something in the system setup? Could someone advise on a solution.

Thanks in advance.

It does not work on the 8/12. The easiest solution is to add a user code through the engineer menu and delete when not needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 skiman

Thanks for that. Saves me a lot of grief.

skiman wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Saves me a lot of grief.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

skiman,just curious, if its a recent install why didn't you use the secure wave. ?
    Securewatch is a bit dated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rinky

Hi. I've inherited a SW-1070 system and want to install it at another location. I've read the posts and managed to reset the Engineer code to the default and can read the menu's and so want to begin the installation. However I don't have any wiring diagrams. The original system consisted of the panel box, a GSM dialler, internal sounder, external bell/strobe, two door contacts, two roller shutter contacts and around six PIR's. I only want to install one roller shutter contact, one PIR and one door contact, (they have the two resistors already wired). I can see how to connect the PIR and the door and roller contacts but I can't see how to connect the outside bell, the internal sounder and the GSM panel. Is there anywhere I can get hold of a wiring diagram?

Here you go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Hi All,

Want to setup alarm so it can be part armed at night. What would I be paying for the following?

1 Extra keypad
    2 Panic buttons
    1 Text/voice digi that could do central station monitoring in the future

Would I be better off upgrading to the hkc securewave panel?

Cheers

Advertisement