Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its seeing 9500 it thinks the zone is already open.
    Can you post a pic of how the resistors are wired?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its seeing 9500 it thinks the zone is already open.
    Can you post a pic of how the resistors are wired?
    Sorted it thanks.the arrow wasn’t fully pointing up

Sorted it thanks.arrow wasn’t fully pointing up.i have it all fully working,but when I open the front door it beeps for a few seconds I must of set something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Sorted it thanks.arrow wasn’t fully pointing up.i have it all fully working,but when I open the front door it beeps for a few seconds I must of set something wrong?

Sounds like you have turned on the chime on the keypad.
    0 hash 6 on and 0 hash 6 off.

altor wrote: »

Sounds like you have turned on the chime on the keypad.
    0 hash 6 on and 0 hash 6 off.

That sorted it .thanks

• Advertisement

That sorted it .thanks

Glad you got it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi Altor,

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

almeera wrote:
    I have HKC alarm 1070 installed. I have GSM Q installed as well. can you please explain the connection to the HKC board. for switching lights on

Almeera, please stop asking the same questions repeatedly.

The lads will get to you if and when they have time.

Leave 8 month old threads alone please.

Open your own thread, ask a question if you don't get an answer so be it. Don't repeat the question in other threads

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

Hi, I am struggling to wire a saab bellbox to HKC alarm, everything else is working correctly but I can not set the alarm due to open tamper in External bell.

I have wired the control pabel to the bellbox as follows:
    Control Panel
    > Bellbox
    External bell +
    > External Bell +
    External bell -
    > External Bell -
    SABB Hold
    > Sabb hold (BHO)
    Tamper return
    > Tamper resistor to panel terminal
    Internal Bell +
    > Strobe +
    Internal Bell -
    > Strobe -

Note:
    1. I have a resistor between Sabb hold and tamper return in the control panel
    2. I havea resistor between tamper return in the bellbox and the terminal beside it (i.e. placed into the terminal marked resistor in the bellbox.

I thought the issue was something to do with wiring the switch to the terminals marked 'A' and 'B' in the bellbox but I noticed these terminals get shorted when the lid is closed. So I removed the switch fromm the equation and just shorted these terminals with a wire to test. Still get open bell box tamper.

Can anyone offer some advice?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Only use one resistor. It needs to be wired in series with the tamper return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

KoolKid wrote: »
    Only use one resistor. It needs to be wired in series with the tamper return.

Thanks I will try this now and post the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

The internal siren sounds when my system arms after the 30 second exit delay. Does anyone know how to disable the siren?

It’s a hkc sw 1070 system.

The internal siren sounds when my system arms after the 30 second exit delay. Does anyone know how to disable the siren?

It’s a hkc sw 1070 system.

If you have engineer code.
    Go into system options menu, yes, scroll to arming options, yes, scroll to arm squawk and hit no if its set to yes.

Then quit out of engineer mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Denman1983

Hi,

Looking to install a HKC with 2 zones.
    Zone 1, inertia with contact,inertia with contact, inertia with contact, inertia with contact,inertia with contact, contact(front door)
    Zone 2 Contact(back door) inertia with contact x 5
    Will not require tamper but 6core cable so can wire if needs be. Plan to come from zone in panel and through both sets of terminals in inertia 1,(into 1, out of 6, back through 2 out of 5 and onto next inertia until last contact(front door) and back to zone 1 in panel. Essentially all switches in series with no resistor.

Will this work??
    All answers much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Denman1983 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to install a HKC with 2 zones.
    Zone 1, inertia with contact,inertia with contact, inertia with contact, inertia with contact,inertia with contact, contact(front door)
    Zone 2 Contact(back door) inertia with contact x 5
    Will not require tamper but 6core cable so can wire if needs be. Plan to come from zone in panel and through both sets of terminals in inertia 1,(into 1, out of 6, back through 2 out of 5 and onto next inertia until last contact(front door) and back to zone 1 in panel. Essentially all switches in series with no resistor.

Will this work??
    All answers much appreciated

You would probably be better to try to add an extra zone or two so you can get the two doors on their own zones. That way you can make them exit/entry zones. Also would recommend that you do include the tamper - if you have a panel that supports it why not have the added peace of mind/protection.

If the cabling is in place and that is the reason behind excluding the tamper or limiting the zones you should only need three wires per zone (assuming no power needed for PIRs) if you use Dual End-of-Line resistor wiring.

HKC installation manual describes the wiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 benny1122

Hi guys. Quick question. I want to wire a HKC sensor into one of the zones on the panel. There’s only going to be one sensor on this zone. I plan on connecting the tamper circuit too. Do I need to use an eol resistor in this case?

You would need engineer access to change the hardwire to suit if resistors are used or leave as non end of line if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 benny1122

Got engineer access. It’s a new zone I’m planing to wire into zone 8 (unused). Only 1 sensor is going to be on it. So question is does that require eol resistor for the tamper to work

It depends on how it is wired.

If wired using the resistors go into the zone hardware and select dual end of line to enable on the zone.

If no resistors used, wire the sensor, alarm and tamper and connect to the zone at the panel.

Advertisement