Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It means that zone can be inhibited.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

Sorry if this comes across as a silly question but does that mean if inhibit is on and there is a problem with that zone the alarm will set?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No it just means the zone can be inhibited if need be.

How would you inhibit a zone?

In the user menu providing your user code is also set up with that privilege.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help yesterday KOOLKID. I forgot to ask can the sensitivity be adjusted on a pir and if so what would be the norm?

On a duel tec it's adjusted via a pot on the unit itself.

Thanks again guys

Can i adjust the sensitivity on standard senors or do they have to be ID senors?

Standard sensors are adjusted on a zone basis. They generally should be fine all set the same.
    Edit: If you are still talking wireless then yes.

• Advertisement

I have a sensor wired to the back door, it's not a ID sensor. Can the sensitivity be adjusted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Yes . Menu > zone menu> zone gross and pulse . Norm is 4 & 4

I went into zone gross and pulse. On the keypad it shows P50 POINT 50, what does this mean?

What zone is your back door?
    Go into zone menu not point menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If it saying p50 it means point 50 .. So go into the point menu as its an ID sensor

What i dont understand is, if i go into point menu it comes up (P50...59/ PS51...55), and if P50 to P59 are the points in zone 5, what does PS51...55 mean or do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    What i dont understand is, if i go into point menu it comes up (P50...59/ PS51...55), and if P50 to P59 are the points in zone 5, what does PS51...55 mean or do?

The PS are power supplies that are IDed to the system.
    P is the device e.g an ID sensor.

Neither P50 or PS50 has any reliance to the system if a point ID sensor or power supply are not used.

Thanks again guys....

how do I connect the four wires from digi dialler AB to line in CD to line out to a new type eircom master socket the main line in is coming to back of socket blue and white and blue to L1 AND L2 then on front panel there are two wires orange and orange and white going to L1 and L2 in blue socket there is also an orange socket marked in and out do I connect to this socket and what type terminals do I use thanks

Take the main line in to AB & return it on CD back to where you took it from.

• Advertisement

there is the new type master pt socket with outlets for alarm cables so i have been told

Yeah but I prefer to give it to the alarm first & use a dedicated filter if required.
    Pull that Eircom socket off the wall & your alarms without a line.

the wires from ABCD from panel are coming into the pt socket there are one white two blue and one orange socket as photos the main line comes into the back part of this socket.Thw white and orange are marked in and out.The blue one below the orange is marked LI R L2 the other blue is S1 R S2.
    Was told to connect alarm wires into the orange socket is this correct and if so are there special crimp terminals or just push wires in and press.

Also I have two other pt sockets in other parts of house and was told to take two wires from the blue socket under rthe orange and link to other sockets but which do I use L1 AND L2 OR R AND L1 OR 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Great thread.
    Installing a Securewatch 8/12 replacing old kit.
    1. Smoke alarm is old EI one 20+ years old - should I replace? If so, any recommendations - would Texecom Exodus OH4W be a good one?
    2. Have a Conservatory (10sq mtres)and want to install a PIR. Conservatory gets quite hot in Summer - is there a special PIR that should be used?
    thanks..

Why would you install an 8/12 ? Why not go with a newer panel like the 1070 or Siemens.
    The 8/12 is an old system now.
    Any smoke detector that's 12 volt with a relay would do fine.
    For the conservatory get a duel tec PiR.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Why would you install an 8/12 ? Why not go with a newer panel like the 1070 or Siemens.
    The 8/12 is an old system now.
    Any smoke detector that's 12 volt with a relay would do fine.
    For the conservatory get a duel tec PiR.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056859175 Post 15:)

Sorry user name didn't register with me from there. Have you opened that panel yet? If not I'd try for an exchange with the supplier. Tell them you thought that was the one with wireless or something to that effect.

Unfortunately bought it some months ago. As I'm redecorating I've put RKP in the porch, have the panel in cloakroom and have run lots of the cables in etc. I'll live with it. To be honest I prefer things wired up as opposed to wireless. Plan is to do as much as I can, then probably get a professional in to commission.
    Thanks..

All the best with it. It is a good reliable panel, its just there's better out there for the same money.
    If you need any help you know where we are.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I've no doubt I'll be back to you. Have read this full thread and some others and have learned lots - really impressed by the way you guys help "laymen".

Advertisement