Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

Sorry if this sounds silly but do i need to do this with the keypad, and what do you mean by expanders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

tangoman wrote: »
    Sorry if this sounds silly but do i need to do this with the keypad, and what do you mean by expanders?

In the devices menu you can ID devices onto the system. If you need more zones on an 8/12 control panel then a 4 zone expander can be added to make it a 12 zone panel, this will be ided to the system in the devices menu. Same with keypads. If you use id sensors you need to set the zone hardware for the zone to point id, this will scan to see what sensors are on each zone by selecting the zone hardware then going into the devices menu to id then in as points to the system. If you had a loop of windows you could use point id sensors on this loop and give each sensor there own point and name. Point 50-59 point 60-69 and so on. 10 is the max per zone.

I have a loop of windows with sensors on them,can i Id these or do they have to be Id senors to be Ided?

I have a loop of windows with sensors on them,can i Id these or do they have to be Id senors to be Ided?

No, they need to be id sensors.

When i wired up the PIR, i wired it into zone 7, I was then misinformed as I was told to go into ADD & ID Devices go into Z7 and add device, then I was told to go into locate devices go to Z7 and locate. How do I undo this?

• Advertisement

When i wired up the PIR, i wired it into zone 7, I was then misinformed as I was told to go into ADD & ID Devices go into Z7 and add device, then I was told to go into locate devices go to Z7 and locate. How do I undo this?

Zone hardware for zone 7 needs to be set up as non end of line if no resistors are used.
    Dual end of line if they are.

Zone 7 is set up correctly as non end of line with no risistors. Does this mean i dont have to undo anything, and theres no harm done?

Zone 7 is set up correctly as non end of line with no risistors. Does this mean i dont have to undo anything, and theres no harm done?

Correct.

thanks again guys for all your help it is much appreciated.

thanks again guys for all your help it is much appreciated.

Your welcome, any other problems let us know..

• Advertisement

I now wan to fit security cameras one to back one to front and one to side of house and maybe two inside and be able to watch on my phone and on internet and also record what cameras do I need which best and what else i need thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Depends on how much you're willing to spend on the gear :-) have you a budget in mind ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

CCTV is a huge market . You need to decide on a budget like TB says & then do some shopping around. Remote access is pretty much standard now.
    http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/ or http://www.eyespycctv.ie/ would be a good place to start.

I personally wouldn't recommend CCTV direct as they haven't bothered to reply to numerous emails regarding a faulty dome camera. Tried to ring them and got no answer .

Sorry, back to the alarm. I have now set up the PIR as an access zone in the zone options menu, It also says yes for inhibit, can you tell me if that is correct. I then wanted to take the PIR off the alarm for partguard A, so I said yes to Excl. from PG A, I then went into partguard options put in yes for exit time and also yes for access to Exit Entry. So now when I key in PG A into the keypad the system arms and the red LED flashes on the keypad, can anybody explain this?

The red flashing led indicates the system is armed you don't forget :-)a solid red light means alarm

If everything i done is correct including yes for inhibit? Should i also have yes or no for access to exit/entry and should i have yes or no for partguard digi alarm? and should i have indicate partguard yes or no? Sorry if all these questions sound silly..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the PiR is off for coastguard then no for access to EE
    If you don't have monitoring PG digi doesn't matter .If you do set it to yes.
    For standards indicate PG should be no. But leave it on if you want.

Sorry, what does coastguard mean?

Sorry, what does coastguard mean?

Partguard. ..fffing auto spell. .

• Advertisement

Sorry, back to the alarm. I have now set up the PIR as an access zone in the zone options menu, It also says yes for inhibit, can you tell me if that is correct. I then wanted to take the PIR off the alarm for partguard A, so I said yes to Excl. from PG A, I then went into partguard options put in yes for exit time and also yes for access to Exit Entry. So now when I key in PG A into the keypad the system arms and the red LED flashes on the keypad, can anybody explain this?

If you go into the partguard options you can set the partguard to allow an exit time for the PIR. This will turn off the PIR but still allow partset of the system if you want to exit the premise with someone in bed. Indication of the alarm being set by means of the red flashing can also be turned off or on.

Hi guys, thanks for getting back. I have another question, just wondering is there any way of adjusting the sensitivity on the sensors?

Yes its in the Zone menu. Gross & Pulse levels. 1 is most sensitive 9 is least & zero is off.

Thanks, I am not near the alarm at the moment, so do I adjust the gross setting or pulse settings or both?

I wouldn't be adjusting them much. between 4 & 6 for both.
    Gross is how hard a single force should be , Pulse is continuous lower level vibrations like cutting or trying to remove glass.
    Generally 4 4 or 5 5 is the norm.

Thanks for explaining that. I'm also wondering in the arming options menu would it be possible to explain what the following are for and what they should be set at? 1 - Final door set. 2 - Exit fault bell. 3 - Inhibit tamper. 4 - Forced arm. 5 - Display armed. 6 - Ream always. 7 - Ream count.

Thanks for explaining that. I'm also wondering in the arming options menu would it be possible to explain what the following are for and what they should be set at? 1 - Final door set. 2 - Exit fault bell. 3 - Inhibit tamper. 4 - Forced arm. 5 - Display armed. 6 - Ream always. 7 - Ream count.

1 If on system sets after the entry exit door closes.
    2 If on an exit fault activates the bell
    3 Allows tampers to be inhibited
    4 Forced arm sets the system & inhibits anything that's open
    5 The screen displays when the alarm is set.
    6 After the bell cut out time the system always re arms after an activation
    7 The number of times the system will rearm after an activation.

Thanks again, just on 3 - Inhibit tamper. Can you explain why would you have this on?

If there is a tamper fault you can inhibit it so you can set the alarm.

• Advertisement

So for example under the heading alarm in zone types you then select inhibit in zone options, what does this mean?

Advertisement