Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC ALARM Installation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 iancr

Hi
    I've a problem with HKC dialler. getting line from GSM. Getting 48 volts on line but wont send text messages. any ideas???????????????

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What are you using to get an analogue line from GSM?
    Has Messaging been enabled on the line?
    Is caller ID turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NDJ4

iancr wrote: »
    Hi
    I've a problem with HKC dialler. getting line from GSM. Getting 48 volts on line but wont send text messages. any ideas???????????????

A hkc dialler will not send text messages from a gsm provided line, it must be an eircom provided line. The eircom sms server that the hkc dialler sends texts through will not answer an incoming call from a gsm provided line. What gsm unit are you using and what hkc panel type is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

iancr wrote: »
    Hi

You will need to get yourself a HKC GSM for it to send texts. You will also have remote access plus get a more detailed description of alarm events using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 almeera

Hi coolkid

How was Xmas?

I have a quiery, HKC Alarm wiring , there is a resistance 4 k7, can please explance , what was the use of it ? why it it to be connected?

thanking you in advance

almeera

• Advertisement

The zone is set up for end of line resistors.
    The panel zone needs to see the resistor value to determine what is happening. If it is seeing 4K7 then the zone is all closed. If it is seeing 9K4 then one of the devices on the zone is open. If it is reading 000000 a device tamper is open.

Hi alter, koolkid

Thanks for the reply,

I have a quiry, please help me.

I have replaced Keypad and panal with HKC- sw810, previously installed system was aritech. I only replaced keypad & controll panal. I defaulted system. All cables are connected as same as previously to all zones.

Now all sounders are arming. But the sensers are not working when I open the door or hammer the windows. But when I open the senser it will aram.

please give me some causes I can check for this ????

thanking u in advance

It all depends on how the zone plus the sensors are set up. If it was a straight swap from a CS350 you will need to see if the sensors are tampered, do they have one or two resistor installed. If only one then single end of line you will need to set up the zone for. Are the sensors tampered ?

hi altor,

Your are great.

Aritech wiring was For eg. Zone 1 ( say # 32 & 31)

Had one cable end has one resistance which was connected to panel board no. 32 and another 3 wire ends are Jointed together to another one resistance and connected to panel board no. 31. Each end has one resistance .

In HKC
    I just connect each end of leads ( say 32 & 31 ) with resistance to zone 1 and tamper points are shorted for each zone in HKC unit

Please let me know I can try something else way, or anything i can try

sorry for more troubles

hi altor,

Your are great.

Aritech wiring was For eg. Zone 1 ( say # 32 & 31 )

Had one cable end has one resistance which was connected to panel board no. 32 and another 3 wire ends are Jointed together to another one resistance and connected to panel board no. 31. Each end has one resistance .

In HKC
    I just connect each end of leads ( say 32 & 31 ) with resistance to zone 1 and tamper points are shorted for each zone in HKC unit

Please let me know I can try something else way & or some thing i can try
    Sorry for more troubles

• Advertisement

Disconnect the resistors from each zone. Set your multimeter on continuity, put the meter across two ends of the cable to identify plus check which is the alarm circuit. Do the same if the sensors are tampered also. This way you will know what cable is going where on the new install.

Let me know how you get on.

hi altor,
    thanks again,

I didn’t mix any cables when I transfer to new panel. I was marked each zone on the cable with sticker. so cable to each zones are fine I feel.

for example, zone 1 is front door. when I open the door its not sensing. but when I remove the cover of the sensor its start alarming.

I can double check the continuity of the cable as well with multimeter

Mean time if you feel anything please let me know

thanks

I would check the continuity to see if you have the alarm or the tamper off the alarm wired in to the zone. Did you remove the resistors off each loop ?

Hi altor,

thanks for your help.

I manage the front door zone 1 and front window which was direct zone 2 connection.

I did the zone 3 which include 2 windows and 1e back door. All did in series connection. All the shock sensor are working fine. But the door has shock and contact . The contact one is not working. Can explain the series with two types of sensors contact & shock. My all my sences are aritech (with 4 connecting points) and panel is hkc.

thanks for all your effort.

If you can open the sensor and post a picture I will do you up a diagram of how it should be wired. There should be a reed on the shock/contact sensor on your back door. Usually this is cabled in series with the shock/contact part of the sensor. So basically you will have a small loop of a cable between one part of the reed and the shock. Then if it is the end of line the two cores for the zone are put in either of the shock/contact to close off the circuit. If its in the middle of the loop then depending on the colour used, say red. You would have the red in either of the shock/contact to continue the loop to the next sensor.

hi alter,

Please find attached diagram of wiring I did. please enplane to me were I need to correct. I didn’t put resistance on the circuit.

Now its working all as shock I feel.

Another query, now all these senses are detecting as zone 3 only. how we can identify each window separate ? if any solutions ?

If you need photo of the sensor I can sent tomorrow

Once again thank you for all your effort.

hi alter

find attached photo of senser door & window

Is the door sensor tampered ? The connector down the bottom is for the tamper. First thing to do is disconnect the cable from the door sensor, then can you check for continuity on the reed with the door closed, then check there is no continuity with the door open. It will be the first and 4th terminal on the 4 block terminals. The shock is the middle two terminals. If all works then you will need to put a loop of cable between 1 + 2 terminal, then put your alarm cable in 3 + 4. The tamper is connected down the bottom.

hi alter,
    my present connection diagram, can you please check. the door senser is not working, but shock senser working. i dont know how to loop as mentioned earlier. this senser is aritec. i up load photo earlier.

thanks

Hi ALL

Voice dialler to home alarms

Any one knows about VOCALISER' SPEECH DIALLER . i need to set it up. But I don’t have the security code and it’s locked. Anyone knows how can it to be defaulted.

please help me on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pouter

The default code for the vocaliser 0123 as far as i can remember.

almeera wrote: »
    Hi ALL

Voice dialler to home alarms

Any one knows about VOCALISER' SPEECH DIALLER . i need to set it up. But I don’t have the security code and it’s locked. Anyone knows how can it to be defaulted.

please help me on this.

The default user code for this is 1234. If you need a user guide send me your e-mail by P.M.
    The default engineer code is 5678, If you need the engineer manual let me know.
    Press 1 on hand set, enter **5678 to get into engineering. If the code is changed you will need an engineer to default it for you.

hi alter,
    my present connection diagram, can you please check. the door senser is not working, but shock senser working. i dont know how to loop as mentioned earlier. this senser is aritec. i up load photo earlier.

thanks

Please find edited photo attached. Did you test the reed on the sensor to see if it is working ?

hi altor,

I did as per your instruction. Its working. thanks for your support.
    You are a great man.

I tried the code for Pyronix vocaliser ( Voice dialler). its not working. can you forward the engineer manual please , i am PM my e.mail.

thanks again

hi altor,

I did as per your instruction. Its working. thanks for your support.
    You are a great man.

I tried the code for Pyronix vocaliser ( Voice dialler). its not working. can you forward the engineer manual please , i am PM my e.mail.

thanks again

All easy when you know how :D

If you tried the code and it did not work I am afraid you will need an engineer to default the dialer for you.

I will send you on the user plus engineer manual.

Hi altor,

You are so quick,

One query.

what is DTMF phone. ? i used Panasonic telephone model- kx-tcd545em to enter engineer code. is this phone is DTMF phone? or how we can distinguish between DTMF phone and normal phone? what i have to check.
    Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi altor,

You are so quick,

One query.

what is DTMF phone. ? i used Panasonic telephone model- kx-tcd545em to enter engineer code. is this phone is DTMF phone? or how we can distinguish between DTMF phone and normal phone? what i have to check.
    Please let me know.

Thanks

Dual Tone - Multi Frequency. If you google DTMF you will get plenty of info about it. If the phone is wire free it wont work. You will need an ordinary phone connected directly into the dialer to see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

altor wrote: »
    Here is a drawing that might help you out.

Altor, I have 3 sensors in series as per Dual end of line. I am getting 4.7 k regardless of any windows opened. The middle sensor I have wired to a contact (to first and last pin) and the first and third sensor use the magnet. Is it the contact is the issue?

P.S> I did a bench test with 2 sensors and it works perfectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Wigster

I removed the link in the second shock sensor between 1 and 2 and the first and last shocksensors now works when the window is opened/closed (4.64K all closed)

As I posted earlier I have wired the second sensor to a contact instead of the magnet. Do I have to add the contact to the loop to the last sensor? If I connected the contact to pins 1 & 2 of the second shock sensor then this should break the loop?

• Advertisement

Wigster wrote: »
    I removed the link in the second shock sensor between 1 and 2 and the first and last shocksensors now works when the window is opened/closed (4.64K all closed)

As I posted earlier I have wired the second sensor to a contact instead of the magnet. Do I have to add the contact to the loop to the last sensor? If I connected the contact to pins 1 & 2 of the second shock sensor then this should break the loop?

If you are using inertia/contacts and contacts on the same loop then instead of putting the loop in the sensor 1-2 wire the contact direct into 1-2. It makes no difference if they are at the end or the start of the loop.

Advertisement