Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vikings on RTE?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

iora_rua wrote: »
    Sigh ... for those of us who don't have Netflix/Prime or any other fancy stuff, does anyone know when - and where - we'll be able to see the latest series of Vikings that starts tonight or tomorrow on History in the US?

RTE2 normally airs it shortly after it airs in the US....but maybe with the time of year it might be the new year before they have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Thanks, adelcrowsmel - guess i’ll Just have to be patient. I should have read the previous posts, as I think the same thing happened last year! Life (and TV channels) used to be so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

anyone hear when it's back on RTE?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

siochain wrote: »
    anyone hear when it's back on RTE?
    brian_t wrote: »
    Vikings season 5 part 2 starts on RTE Two at 9pm on Wednesday 9th January 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod: There were a number of threads about RTE's showings of Vikings - I've merged them.

The US one is here.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056576916&page=16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Just started watching Series 5 part 1 last night. Good. Very good :)

It's back on RTE 2 tomorrow night with a double bill - Season 5 episodes 11&12

It's back on RTE 2 tomorrow night with a double bill - Season 5 episodes 11&12

Set my sky box to record and series link as I was watching the Man City game on Sky Sports. Only realised after the match ended that episode 11 recorded but episode 12 wasn't recording. Manually recorded episode 12 but missed the first 15 minutes :mad:

Hopefully I can download episode 12 from RTÉ Player, but worried even that might delete before I get to see it as I'm only on series 5 episode 2 at the moment.

Hopefully I can download episode 12 from RTÉ Player, but worried even that might delete before I get to see it as I'm only on series 5 episode 2 at the moment.
    It will be available for 30 days.

• Advertisement

It will be available for 30 days.

So I've got almost 30 days to watch the next 10 or 11 episodes? That's good to know, I'll easily manage that! If I didn't have a ton of painting to do this weekend I could just binge away!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

My Virgin (horizon) box messed up the recording of the two episodes last night.
    I don't see them listed to be repeated over the weekend.
    How long before they're on the RTE Player please?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 6 is 20 episodes long split into 2 parts;

Part 1 starts on December 4th with a double episode the last 10 will in sometime in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how can these civilizations survive with the regular high death toll.

and who was that guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikings_(2013_TV_series)#Season_6

• Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Back tonight lads and lassies.

Double episode 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

game of thrones lite?

fryup wrote: »
    game of thrones lite?

Not at all.

Vikings is much grittier and hasn't suffered the same massive drop in quality that the last two or three seasons of GofT did. I'm not knocking GofT, I loved it, but Vikings is consistently brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm 4 episodes into the new series and it's just so consistent quality wise. A slight jump forward in time but not much,the first episode pretty much explains things and sets up things.
    New protagonists and characters along with others who all have different ambitions.
    I won't spoil it for anyone so no more information than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Not at all.

Vikings is much grittier and hasn't suffered the same massive drop in quality that the last two or three seasons of GofT did. I'm not knocking GofT, I loved it, but Vikings is consistently brilliant.

Apart from the messy final couple of episodes I dont think GOT suffered a "massive" drop in quality. I enjoy Vikings but to compare it to Game of Thrones doesn't hold up. There has been a drop in quality since the end of season 4 with Vikings. Saying that I thought the most recent episode in season 6 was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭eire4

I am going to disagree with both. I thought Game of Thrones was great all the way into the last season. So far Vikings has been the same for me and remains so so far in its last season. Just simply 2 great different shows IMHO.

I don't want to drag this into a discussion about Game of Thrones.......BUT....... I can't help feeling a bit cheated that the last couple of series seemed to fly by. There was none of the old detailed build up, it was just as though the writers wanted to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.

My biggest gripe, among many, was that Jon killed Danny and no-one really batted an eye. She had thousands of Dothraki and Unsullied who were all insanely loyal to her and loved her, and yet even Grey Worm accepted Jon's deed with barely a grumble.

Back on topic: Vikings Rule!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭eire4

I don't want to drag this into a discussion about Game of Thrones.......BUT....... I can't help feeling a bit cheated that the last couple of series seemed to fly by. There was none of the old detailed build up, it was just as though the writers wanted to get it out of the way as quickly as possible.

My biggest gripe, among many, was that Jon killed Danny and no-one really batted an eye. She had thousands of Dothraki and Unsullied who were all insanely loyal to her and loved her, and yet even Grey Worm accepted Jon's deed with barely a grumble.

Back on topic: Vikings Rule!

Might have a lot to do with the fact that the last 2 seasons were not based directly from the Game of Thrones books as they have still not been written and published a fact I am not happy about at all to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 One Question

Any news on next Vikings season? Will Covid rule over the Vikings?

There is a series of Vikings starting on RTE2 on Wednesday 6th January at 9.20pm with a double-bill.

I presume it is the latest one but I can't confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭peter4918

There is a series of Vikings starting on RTE2 on Wednesday 6th January at 9.20pm with a double-bill.

I presume it is the latest one but I can't confirm it.

This will be Season 6 Episodes 11- 20. Episodes 1- 10 were on earlier this year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Long shot but anyway one can catch this from the beginning?

Dcully wrote: »

The DVDs can be borrowed from your local library.

https://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/search/C__Svikings%20dvd__Orightresult__U?lang=eng&suite=def

Dcully wrote: »

It's all on Amazon Prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,312 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Back Wednesday @ 9.20 on RTE2

Advertisement