Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Irish SOPA Law? :/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Working fine for me
    Clear cache? Definitely down...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Javan wrote: »
    And exactly what law are you talking about? The one that is not written yet?
    The one that presumably has been written but not yet published, the one that is not being presented to my representatives to debate or vote on, the one that early drafts suggest is threatening to the free-flow of information online, the one that is being rushed into law with no transparency and under suspicious secrecy.

That law.
    Until then I'll keep working on fixing the problem before it starts.
    What are you planning that will bring as much media reports as this planned act of civil disobedience?

Surely making the majority of the public aware of what's going on is the primary concern, this will do just that.

And the best time for civil disobedience is preemptively. I'd rather strike when the issue can be avoided than let the target get further out of reach.

I'm not suggesting DDoS is the best option, it could do more damage than good but in the grand scheme of things public awareness is a priority and a DDoS will probably get into the papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Site is down for me.

Anonymous, great bunch of lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Javan

Decryptor wrote: »
    justice.ie is currently offline.

Sherlock is in Enterprise, Jobs & Innovation. :rolleyes:

Ready! Fire! Aim! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

To all who don't really know wether or not the sites are down firsty try pinging them from command line.

Secondly use a service such as http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com to get a second opinion.

- Lee

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

justice.ie is currently offline.

Not sure if justice.ie is a valid address, www.justice.ie is online though, seems like a bit of a fail there by Anon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Peanut wrote: »
    Not sure if justice.ie is a valid address, www.justice.ie is online though, seems like a bit of a fail there by Anon.

it was offline for a while

edit, still is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Peanut wrote: »
    Nope, thats down too.

It was down at the time of posting. Both are working now though, and all Anonymous Twitter pages are reporting it as "down".

• Advertisement

Considering it's DDoS then it's gonna go up and down all night, depends on those who are participating in the attacks.

Don't expect it to be down and to stay down for 24 hours or such...

Well a substantial DDOS would cause the server to crash and then the site would stay offline until somebody restarts the server.

Well a substantial DDOS would cause the server to crash and then the site would stay offline until somebody restarts the server.

True but considering that Ireland is a smaller country I'm sure someone is watching over that server 24/7 in the DC therefore restarting it, it did go offline but after a while it came back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

usernames for anonymous updates anyone?

Most of these sites would have firewalls to react when a DDoS begins and ends.

The server is probably still operable even if it's not accessible from our end.

I follow @YourAnonNews, and you can join in on Twitter with #OPIreland

What they need is a new Stuxnet. :D

lol at the "justice.ie is down!" tweets...

edit: Oh someone finally figured it out!

I'm still laughing because they are after justice.ie when it's actually www.justice.ie :P

• Advertisement

lee3155 wrote: »
    I'm still laughing because they are after justice.ie when it's actually www.justice.ie :P
    They both seem to be going up and down like yoyos. Someone is kicking back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

how come any time I click on either it just brings me to twitter :(

Shall be an interesting night I must say. Something interesting finally happens that may bring Ireland onto international news :D

A hive link is now being circulated...

Anyone got popcorn?

Seachmall wrote: »
    Most of these sites would have firewalls to react when a DDoS begins and ends.

The server is probably still operable even if it's not accessible from our end.

Web based Ddos is nasty. Quite difficult to defend against since it often just looks like normal user requests.

Seachmall wrote: »

They are attacking justice.ie which from what I can see is just redirecting to www.justice.ie

Check here, one's up and one's down:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.justice.ie

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/justice.ie

lee3155 wrote: »
    Shall be an interesting night I must say. Something interesting finally happens that may bring Ireland onto international news :D
    You mean besides that whole risking the demise of the euro thing...

Search twitter for #OpIreland

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    You mean besides that whole risking the demise of the euro thing...

Search twitter for #OpIreland

Well.. theres that too ;)

• Advertisement

Both down!

EDIT: Never mind.

Advertisement