Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

A good week and a bad week since I've been away! Still a very profitable season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Looking mainly at corners in Bray v Dundalk tonight.

I don't have any team info for tonight but if anyone does have any please shoot it up. Bray have a string of good results behind them. After getting hammered 8-1 on tv in Dundalk earlier this season I think they will want to atone for that to their fans.

7 of the last 9 Bray games have gone under 1.5 goals. I think it will be a low scoring game again tonight and the corners will continue to flow as a result. there is rain predicted for later too which would be nice to increase the corners chances.

last Season Dundalk beat them 5-1 in Dundalk but only drew 1-1 in Bray.

The corner count in previous meetings goes as follows (most recent first) 13, 16, 4, 11, 20, 10

I watched a lot of that 8-1 hammering and I recall 3 - 4 of the goals coming from corners and set pieces near the box. If I was Dundalk approaching this, I would be welcoming corners tonight as Bray were terrible at keeping them out last time.

Only one bookie have corners for it at the moment: Bet365 over 9.5 corners @1.73. I will most likely wait till near in play time when there are more markets and go for over 10.5 for better odds.

Think under 2.5 goals lands here tonight. Corners galore also hopefully.

Dundalk are best priced @1.29 for the straight win .. I think that price is a decent laying opportunity. Bray have St pats scalp in their collection lately too.

Winner here. 13 corners so the 9.5 pre game line got nicely burst.

I didn't get to look at the game till 8 mins in. There was already 1 corner and I stuck to the original game plan of going one above the line .. over 11 corners @2.75 so happy out with that.

that was the only bet i took but under 2.5 mentioned also landed .. well under 1.5 more to the point.

On the laying front, Dundalk got the win but it took them till the 74th minute to score so would have been plenty of trading out opportunity.

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***

Bad week last week but hopefully back on track this weekend! Alan will be up in Dublin for the Waterford match and I'll be about inplay but I'll be travelling down to Cobh on Saturday for the Shels. Graeme has said he'll be in no condition to do updates from Sligo -v- Cork :D

UCD -v- Waterford - Friday 7.45pm
    A win for UCD will see them leapfrog Shels into 3rd spot (a playoff spot). UCD have now gone 14 games unbeaten. Their first two games back after their European adventure seen them beat table toppers Finn Harps 1-0 and brush Cabinteely aside 3-1.
    Waterford find themself in last place with their last win ten games ago when they beat Cabinteely in mid-May. Their season is dead and buried at this rate.
    UCD have conceded the least about of goals in the League, scored the 2nd most. While Waterford have conceded the 2nd most and scored the fewest.
    UCD have one new injury worry, to add to 4 players already out. Waterford lose 2 players to suspension with 2 returning.
    UCD -1 normal @ EVENS (Paddy Power) - MEDIUM

Bray Wanderers vs Drogheda - Saturday 5:45 PM
    Bray find themselves unexpectedly sitting in 7th spot even after all the turmoil. Brays last 5 games have finished 1-0, with 4 going in their favour, losing narrowly last time out to table toppers Dundalk.
    Drogheda have won just one in their last 5 League games, losing 3 and drawing 1.
    No team news yet with the match being on Saturday but Bray have shown some good form since Mick Cooke took over.
    Bray -0.25 @ EVENS (GENERAL) - MEDIUM

UCD 5-1 FT

EASY!

Me and the 3 lads debated on Facebook against Galway win, Dundalk handicap, Athlone win and BTTS in Harps/Wexford. Along with people asking why we didn't pick a couple of them. Very happy with our judgement!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

well done gavin good tipping

• Advertisement

2 winners! Get up!

Write up courtesy of one of the lads in the Irish Facebook group that I pick bets with:

** LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS**
    2 from 2 with last weeks bets with both of them coming in at evens. We're back this week with two bets. It looks a really tough week this week but we've found two we're happy with. I will be at Cork City's game and will provide inplay updates.

Cork City VS Limerick Friday 7:45
    This is a bet I've already posted yesterday but after a bit more discussion we've decided to include as a group bet.
    Cork City beat Limerick 5-0 at home back in March and play them again at home Friday. They have scored 2 or more goals in 7 of their 10 home games, The only teams that have stopped this are Bray, Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk and only failing to score once at home against Rovers. They've scored 25 goals in those 10 games, Conceding 5 so theres an average of 3 goals a game at Turners cross in the league.
    There have been 17 goals in Limericks last 3 games. Limerick scored 8 of those conceding 9. Limerick have conceded 34 goals in 13 away games this season. Despite their recent improvement they are still conceding goals by the bucket load.
    I can see their being plenty of goals again in this on Friday and can see City putting 3 past Limerick at worst, Given Limericks improved form in front of goal it wouldn't be a surprise if they bagged one.
    This originally opened up at 4/5 but is into 4/6 already since Tuesday.
    CORK CITY TO WIN & OVER 2.5 GOALS IN TOTAL 8/11 (BOYLESPORTS) Medium Stake

Wexford Youths VS Cabinteely
    Cabinteely managed to beat 10 men Athlone last week away from home, Prior to that their last win was back in June,Which was a 2-0 victory over Athlone again, Besides beating Athlone twice you'd have to go back to March for their last victory. Their record since that win in March goes 2 wins, 4 draws 14 defeats.
    Wexford come into this game top of the league having lost just once in their last 8 games, They've won 3 on the bounce at home and kept 3 clean sheets. These teams met 3 times already with Cabinteely claiming a 1-0 victory at home in the opening day of the league season, It is worth noting this was Cabinteelys first game in the league of Ireland so their was a massive hype around it. On the other two occasions they've played Wexford won both 3-2 away at Cabinteely and beat them 7-0 at home at Ferrycarrig park.
    As far as Cabinteely are concerned they have nothing but pride to play for while Wexford will be looking to cement their place on top of the table.
    WEXFORD YOUTHS -1 EURO 8/13 (PP and Boyles) Medium Stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Any advice on a LOI treble ? Surely goals in Derry v Dundalk and Ucd to win ? Shamrock Rovers to bounce back ? Take a risk on Bohs ? Would it be better to do Cork win BTS ? Why no Pats - 1 they battered Rovers ? Not sure what to do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,066 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Think Shels @3.3 are a great price, only loss in 12 to top of the table wexford, harps haven't scored in 3 and have lost 5 in the last 10

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Any advice on a LOI treble ? Surely goals in Derry v Dundalk and Ucd to win ? Shamrock Rovers to bounce back ? Take a risk on Bohs ? Would it be better to do Cork win BTS ? Why no Pats - 1 they battered Rovers ? Not sure what to do ?

Bray defensive record is very strong and they were unlucky to lose to Cork awile back. Can't see many goals in this under 2.5 is 5/4

Limerick to score a goal is around 10/11 if you think bts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

St Pats v Bray
    Chris Forrester 6/5

Top scorer on 9 goals, scored in his last 3 home games and scored in 4 of the last 5 games between these two.

magherakid wrote: »
    St Pats v Bray
    Chris Forrester 6/5

Top scorer on 9 goals, scored in his last 3 home games and scored in 4 of the last 5 games between these two.

no joy
    St. Patrick's Ath 0 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    9' -
    Chris Forrester found himself in lots of space after a James Chambers cross from the right was not cleared properly - fortunatly for Bray Forrester could not test Cherrie as his effort from in front of the goal sailed over.
    St. Patrick's Ath 1 - 0 Bray Wanderers
    87' -
    Chris Forrester with an effort on goal was easily gathered by Peter Cherrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Thought even with 10 Wexford would have beaten Cabinteely ,still losing even tho Cabinteely have 10 men

Well that was a bad Friday!

*League Of Ireland Bet*
    Full set of premier fixtures tomorrow night and one in the first division.Bad night Friday night with Limerick winning their first away game all season away at Cork City who had previously conceded 5 goals at home all year before falling apart against Limerick. Wexford won the game despite playing with 10 men for 75 minutes but couldn't cover the handi. Just one bet for us tomorrow.
    UCD VS ATHLONE MONDAY 7:45
    UCD come into this unbeaten in 16 league games,Winning the last 5 in a row. They have won 6 in a row at home in the league, They've conceded the least amount of goals in the league(16 in 20 games) and have the best goal difference.In terms of team news it is just Greg Sloggett and Jamie Doyle who miss out through injury while Tomas Boyle is set to have to prove his fitness though a late fitness test although with the ever impressive Maxi Kouogun as his back up that won’t be of too much concern for the UCD management.
    Athlone have lost their last 2 games, Both at home and to the two bottom sides, Cabinteely and Waterford. Waterford who struggle to score goals managed to put 4 past them. Athlone have won just 2 of their last 10 games and are on a downward spiral.No team news was available from Athlone for this one but the general feeling heading into this one must be that the Town have an uphill battle if they are to salvage any points from this game.
    Given the form of both sides and the ability of the squads we feel this is a bet which is overpriced. UCD can do their promotion ambitions the world of good and move to within a point of top of the table Wexford and 7 points ahead of Shelbourne in 4th (2nd and 3rd play in a playoff to decide who plays in the promotion play off) position with a win.Athlone at this stage of the season have nothing to play for. Personally I'd have UCD on a -1.5
    UCD -1 ASIAN HANDICAP 1.775 Bet 365 LARGE STAKE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Backed bray tonight at 11 to 8 in the draw no bet market v bohs . Bray have been hard to beat lately and fancy them to get at least a draw here . Don't think bohs have done anything of note since the rovers game a while back outside of beaten a galway team at the weekend that were riddled with injuries and wouldn't have great depth to their panel

UCD 1 down at HT, come back and win 3-1 with an 93rd min goal!

LARGE STAKE IN!!

tumblr_mh24o54tvu1s3sketo1_400.gif

***League of Ireland Bets***

After a great 93rd minute winning Large bet on Monday with UCD, we head into the FAI Cup last 16. No advised bet this weekend as there's nothing solid we like pre-game aside from Killester but the odds came and went in the space of an hour today, although I'll be around inplay.

Friday:
    Cork City -v- St. Patrick's Ath. - Liking Pats DNB at 11/10 - Cork missing a few including 4 who started against Rovers
    Sheriff YC -v- Athlone Town - Sheriff at 8/5 represents a nice bet, being played on Astro so will suit them
    Tolka Rovers -v- Killester Utd - No odds left, personally managed to get a chunk on Killester 7/4, if you see odds pile in
    Galway United -v- Dundalk - Galway missing a few again, not confidence at how short Dundalk are though
    Derry City -v- Drogheda United - Derry could be a good bet
    Bohemians -v- Bray Wanderers - BTTS could be a bet

Saturday:
    Cockhill Celtic -v- Longford Town - Longford should win but 9/1 looks tempting for a cup upset
    Cobh Wanderers -v- Sligo Rovers - Same again but 11/1 could be tempting

Friday:Tolka Rovers -v- Killester Utd - No odds left, personally managed to get a chunk on Killester 7/4, if you see odds pile in

whats the craic with Killester, see them at 2/5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

whats the craic with Killester, see them at 2/5 now.
    Tolka have lost their whole squad to LSL rivals. Club in turmoil

• Advertisement

wadacrack wrote: »
    Tolka have lost their whole squad to LSL rivals. Club in turmoil

ah right cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

Sporting Bet still 17/10 on Killester for anyone with a UK address...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

shteve wrote: »

Why a UK address if you dont mind me asking?

Can't find it on the normal site

shteve wrote: »

must be gone now

http://www.sportingbet.com/sports-football/ireland-fai-cup/1-102-829583.html

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

seanhynes wrote: »
    Can't find it on the normal site

Removed now

Why can't any pricks price it up do handicap odds or something

seanhynes wrote: »
    Why can't any pricks price it up do handicap odds or something

HT/FT or handicap market here http://www.amcleanbookmakers.com/betting-event/football-fai-league-cup-tolka-rovers-v-killester-utd/1736883.10/

Can't find it on their regular site,ah forget about it missed the boat

• Advertisement

Can only be done with phone account with them Sean, boylesports run there online site and that's why you can't find it.

Advertisement