Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Ireland betting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭spurshero

I think today's games in premier will alll be tight so have done 3 doubles and a treble on 3 draws

The less said about my bet this evening the better !!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

Athlone look huge @ 15/4 v UCD who played in europe during the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels win @ 8/13 (GENERAL) - MEDIUM

Bray Win @ 13/5 (GENERAL) - SMALL

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Unfortunately for Limerick, once the red card came last week that was the end of it. Bray didn't deserve to win mind.

Galway to beat Limerick tonight @ 5/6.

Easy money. Sad to see Limerick going back down so quickly.

• Advertisement

Easy money. Sad to see Limerick going back down so quickly.

I'm not, the sugar daddy thing has been tried and failed by everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

He's still there thou, and doing far more for the club and community than just a 1st team in the loi, the 1st team has obviously been handled the last season or so like he's a complete idiot, trying to play with an almost entirely local team from the academy, was never going to happen, far too early in their development. They've started signing players again now, so might not be as quite easy money down the line, so keep an auld eye out for that.

He's still there thou, and doing far more for the club and community than just a 1st team in the loi, the 1st team has obviously been handled the last season or so like he's a complete idiot, trying to play with an almost entirely local team from the academy, was never going to happen, far too early in their development. They've started signing players again now, so might not be as quite easy money down the line, so keep an auld eye out for that.

Didn't he ban like 50 regular fans who were basically their only away support too, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Abe_88

Didn't he ban like 50 regular fans who were basically their only away support too, no?

He did yeah. Even people who volunteered previously were in that group aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

He did indeed, totally moronic, they're all allowed back now thou.

Did another auld speach tonight at the MK Dons friendly imploring fans to support what he's trying to do and be patient with the 1st team, lots of talk of the academy being far more important for the club long term.

He's not your typical throw money and **** off leaving a club in the mire sort of investor. I certainly don't agree with everything he's done, but he's trying to do right by the club in his own way..

• Advertisement

So after a good week last week with a 13/5 small stake winner and 8/13 medium stake here are our bets for tomorrow night. The bets below are what me Gavin, Graeme and Alan have all agreed on

********League Of Ireland Bets**********

Shelbourne vs Athlone

Shels have shown a bit of form of late and are starting to put a few wins together after back to back wins against Finn Harps and Cabinteely. Again with UCD playing in Europe it's a huge opportunity for Shelbourne to overtake UCD and push into the play off places. Along with this Shelbourne most likely will welcome back Walsh and Earley into the team which is a huge boost.
    Shelbourne have 3 wins 2 draws and 1 loss in their last 5 games at home

Athlone are coming off the back of a 4-1 home defeat to Cobh Ramblers who got their first win away from home since 2008. Athlone started the season strong but have started to struggle of late and a trip away to a Shelbourne team who is playing well will not be easy. Athlone also have only 1 win in their last 5 away from home .
    Tipping Shelbourne two weeks in a row is a first in this group but we feel that their price is just far too good to turn down.

Shelbourne Win 10/11 Medium Stake

Bohemian FC vs Sligo Rovers

Bohs as of late have been not playing extremely well and have especially struggled in defence due to injuries. Recently they lost Dean Kelly up front to Longford who was a work horse but never set the world a light and we feel this won't impact on Bohs to much. Bohs have only failed to score in 1 of their last 5 games

Sligo are a team that could start getting some form together and picking up results now that the whole Heary saga is over. Joey N'do is taking over the Sligo team for the remainder of the season. The reason we don't feel Bohs can get the win is mainly due to the fact that Sligo will be a very different team now that Heary is gone. It's very clear that Sligo also now how to score and they have Dinny Corcoran up top who has been on great form recently.
    4 out of 5 of Sligo's last league games BTTS has come in
    4 out of 5 of Bohs last league games BTTS has also come in

The bet we are going for is Both Teams to Score

BTTS 10/11 Small Stake

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

It's no secret it's no secret I've said it before Dinny Corcoran has to be best player in world at moment heads and shoulders above the rest, of course we are yet to see messi in action nor ronaldo for the coming year but dinny is hot on the lips of any ballon D'or votee currently. Fit as a fiddle since moving to the west I have it on good authority that he only eats raw mackerel caught from the garavogue river in Sligo with the occasional handful of macadamia nut - a stark difference to the dirty bohemian slimely owl shlugs he used to eat from the sewer that is the river liffy......

This fixture tonight Sligo v bohs has an extra edge to it for dinny.... His ex club!!! The papers didn't hold back when reporting on dinnys sour exit from the Dublin club. Rumours or orgies with fellow players, cocaine sessions before games and match fixing.... Yes it's true the infamous bohemians was not the club for a bright and promising talent like dinny, his time at the club came to a head when Jason Byrne took a **** in his shoe in the dressing room... That sparked the end of his volatile bohs career

He's had a fresh start at Sligo and the signs are on him his skin looks fresh his eyes clear, he will be fired up for tonight's game fired up to prove nobody ****s in his shoes

Dinny Corcoran FGS 6/1
    Dinny Corcoran anytime 15/8

Shelbourne Win 10/11 Medium Stake

BTTS 10/11 Small Stake

Shels win 3-1 :D:D:D

Bohs win 1-0, no idea how Sligo didn't get a goal after seeing some of their chances.

Heading off to Portugal with herself tomorrow afternoon so won't be about for the week, which will mean I won't be able to post the write up tomorrow night. The other lads will have it up in the Facebook group if someone could post it here. It's going to be two win bets and I'm sure most can guess who they'll be!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Dundalk to beat Cork City ?

Anybody be able to post up soccer bet from Gavin s Facebook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Stand out guess would be Bohs 1/1 against Derry is one, on them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Bets that we've gone with this week, Gavin is away at the moment

***LEAGUE OF IRELAND BETS***
    We've started to hit a bit of form again the past few weeks,And we've found two bets that we like for this week. A 10/11 medium winner and a very unlucky small loser (Sligo missed from 2 yards out and put it wide to seal the BTTS) were last weeks bets.
    Bohemians VS Derry City Friday 7.45
    Bohs come into this on the back of a good 1-0 win over Sligo last week. They've lost just 1 of their last 6 league games at Dalymount Park. Derry come into this in horrendous form having not won a league game anywhere since April. They come into this game on the back of a poor 0-0 draw at home to Limerick.Derry are the lowest scorers across both divisions having only scored 12 goals in 20 games.
    Bohs boss Long has Lorcan Fitzgerald back from suspension however the defender is rated doubtful for the fixture with a hamstring injury. Derek Pender and Dan Byrne remain out through long term injury as well as Anto Murphy who is serving a suspension however Eoin Wearen is back at Bohs and is in contention.
    Peter Hutton has no injuries to worry about for the game at Dalymount however he will have to slightly reshuffle the pack with Philip Lowry ruled out through suspension.
    This is a game where we expect Bohs to come out on top and are surprised at home high they are priced, They originally opened up at 8/13 but have drifted right out to almost evens.
    BOHEMIANS TO BEAT DERRY 20/21 (GENERAL) Medium stake
    Athlone Town VS Wexford Youths Friday 7:45
    Struggling Athlone come into this game having lost 4 of their last 5 league games, They have lost each game by more than 1 goal. Their only win came across a struggling Waterford side.
    Wexford on the other hand come into this game in great form having won their last 5 league games in a row and winning 8 of their last 10 in total. In their last two games alone they have won by a combined score of 7-0.
    No team news has been officially released by either side yet but we do know that Athlone will be missing James O Donnell through suspension.
    Again Wexford opened up at a shorted price and have drifted out past evens. We're taking wexford to continue their good form here and pick up all 3 points.
    Wexford youths to beat Athlone 6/5 (Bet365) Medium stake.

***League of Ireland bet***
    Sligo Rovers VS St Pats Friday 8pm.
    This is an extra bet we've decided to go with tonight, The reason it's so late is that team news has only been released in the last hour. Sligo are coming into tonights game having released 3 players from their first team squad after a very poor start. Beattie,Wearen,and Stephen Folan ( 2 to Cork City and one to Bohs) have all moved on and this has resulted in them having to recall two players that were out on loan.
    The team news is as follows: John Russell, Jeff Henderson, Morten Nielsen, Dinny Corcoran and Kevin Devaney again are ruled out of this game with a worry over Regan Donelon.
    Sligo have a squad of 18 outfield players, 5 of them are out tonight and a Doubt over Donelan. That means Sligo have potentially just 12 outfield players to choose from and a maximum of 13 should Donelan be fit,6 of which have very little first team football with Sligo. Dinny Corcoran is their top goal scorer and he's out, Morten Nielsen is second choice striker and he's out. Russell Henderson and Devaney would all start had they been fit too.
    Pats come into the game having won 5 on the bounce and all 5 by more than one goal. They have won 4 out of their last 5 away games.They have the opportunity to push on from Rovers tonight with them not playing until Sunday.
    Saints' defender Sean Hoare is back in contention, Christy Fagan remains out with a knee injury for the Saints, while James Chambers returns having picked up a back injury late last week. The Saints' hope to include new signing Ian Morris.
    This is a game where we expect Pats to win comfortably given Sligo's depleted squad and poor run of form. Pats are currently on a -1 AH at a very generous price of 1.950.
    St Pats -1 Asian Handicap 1.950 (Bet365) Medium stake.

I'm not, the sugar daddy thing has been tried and failed by everyone!

I'm from Limerick lads. O'Sullivan got us back into the Premier after 19 years of trying. But this year has been a shambles. The thing with the supporters certainly didn't help. The club board were completely ignorant even when the fans tried to compromise.

As for improvements on the pitch, they are coming alright. The new black GK is a massive signing. O'Donnell was a disaster for us, it was no surprise our first clean sheet of the season came last week when Freddy Hall made his debut in goal. I was so impressed by him against MK Dons midweek that I actually bucked the trend and backed us not to lose last week v Derry. It paid off.

Any thoughts on tonight's fixtures ?

• Advertisement

Shamrock
    Sligo
    Pats

3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Looking mainly at corners in Bray v Dundalk tonight.

I don't have any team info for tonight but if anyone does have any please shoot it up. Bray have a string of good results behind them. After getting hammered 8-1 on tv in Dundalk earlier this season I think they will want to atone for that to their fans.

7 of the last 9 Bray games have gone under 1.5 goals. I think it will be a low scoring game again tonight and the corners will continue to flow as a result. there is rain predicted for later too which would be nice to increase the corners chances.

last Season Dundalk beat them 5-1 in Dundalk but only drew 1-1 in Bray.

The corner count in previous meetings goes as follows (most recent first) 13, 16, 4, 11, 20, 10

I watched a lot of that 8-1 hammering and I recall 3 - 4 of the goals coming from corners and set pieces near the box. If I was Dundalk approaching this, I would be welcoming corners tonight as Bray were terrible at keeping them out last time.

Only one bookie have corners for it at the moment: Bet365 over 9.5 corners @1.73. I will most likely wait till near in play time when there are more markets and go for over 10.5 for better odds.

Think under 2.5 goals lands here tonight. Corners galore also hopefully.

Dundalk are best priced @1.29 for the straight win .. I think that price is a decent laying opportunity. Bray have St pats scalp in their collection lately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Fizbo

Bets we've gone with this week. Gav wasn't around to post it.

*** League Of Ireland Bets***
    Last week saw us have 3 bets of which 2 won and one lost. We've come up with 3 again this week which we are confident about.
    Shelbourne Vs Wexford youths Friday 7:30pm.
    We backed Wexford to win last week and they ended up getting beat 3-1 away at Athlone in what could be called a freak result based on recent form. They had won 5 in a row before that, They have scored in each of their last 11 league games.
    Shels have started to gather a bit of form recently and come into the game on the back of four straight wins. 6 out of their last 7 games have seen both teams scoring.
    Both teams to score 13/20 Medium (Ladbrokes)
    Derry City Vs Longford Friday 7:45
    Derry come into this game in horrible form, They haven't won a league game since April and they've only won 1 league game at the Brandywell all season and that was back in March. They have only scored in 3 of their 10 home games. They signed two new players today Conor McCormack and Aaron Mceneff but both will not have trained with the squad so are unlikely to have had time to gel.
    Longford come into this game with an indifferent away form but they have picked up a few wins on the road in places like Galway, Drogheda and Bray. They also know how to hit the net away from home having scored more than one goal on 5 occasions away from Longford.
    Derry seem to be hopeless at the moment and especially in front of their home fans at the brandywell. The fact they've only scored in 3 home games this year can't be ignored. We also can't ignore the fact that Limerick left the brandywell with a point just two weeks ago. We fancy Longford to pick up at least a point here.
    Longford Double Chance 5/6 Small (Bet365)
    Limerick Vs Sligo Rovers Saturday 6:30
    Bottom of the table Limerick are already staring relegation in the face after a horrid season. They have yet to win a league game this season and are regularly getting hammered by teams. They have conceded an average of 3 goals a game for their last 5 games. They have moved to rectify this with the signings today of Shaun Kelly from Derry and Patrick Kanyuka from a club in Thailand. Again like the Derry signings these players will have very little time to gel with the side although because of the game being a Saturday they may train with them once today.
    Sligo come into this with improved performances since Owen Heary left. They picked up 3 points against Longford and played 45 minutes of good football in the second half against Bohs, Followed by a very good first 45 minutes against Pats before they collapsed. They have moved to bolster their squad with 4 new signings of which 3 of them signed early in the week so would have trained a few times, These being Patrick Nzuzi, Rob Lehane and Jason Hughes. Tim Clancy signed today but may find Saturday come to soon. Top goalscorer Dinny Corcoran also returns this week having missed the Pats game due to a family Wedding.
    This is a game where we believe Sligo will improve with the new signings and pick up the 3 points here.
    Sligo to beat Limerick 11/10 Small (General)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Longford d/c
    Bray vs Dundalk BTTS+over 2.5 goals
    St. Patricks -2
    Cork vs Bohs draw&under 2.5 goals

Just over 43/1

JonnyM wrote: »
    Longford d/c
    Bray vs Dundalk BTTS+over 2.5 goals
    St. Patricks -2
    Cork vs Bohs draw&under 2.5 goals

Just over 43/1

I was thinking Pats -2 but then I read Christy Fagan was out . I didn't know you could combine BTTS and Overs .

I was thinking Pats -2 but then I read Christy Fagan was out . I didn't know you could combine BTTS and Overs .

Bet365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

You can't

Gooners wrote: »
    You can't

Seems you can...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Gooners wrote: »
    You can't

Of course you can. But sure why bother checking before you answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Of course you can. But sure why bother checking before you answer.

Apologies.I have tried to do this several times and could not. You cannot combine the two IN PLAY. There is a straight bet combining overs and BTTS before play starts but you can't combine the two yourself in play. I thought that's what the question was about.

Advertisement