Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-11-2012, 18:29   #406
Slick50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTech View Post
I noted the comment a few days ago about Triax hiding behind the fact that they are manufacturers and deal with the trade only. I would like to point out that they have two helpline numbers, one being a technical helpline for trade user, and the other being a set top box helpline number.

The set top box helpline number is printed in the userguide. Whenever I have used this helpline I have had a reply within a day or so.
And that number is......?
Advertisement
06-11-2012, 20:46   #407
Droim Iarainn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTech View Post
Its been a while since I have posted any comments regarding the Triax TSC 114 but I have been following this thread.

I noted the comment a few days ago about Triax hiding behind the fact that they are manufacturers and deal with the trade only. I would like to point out that they have two helpline numbers, one being a technical helpline for trade user, and the other being a set top box helpline number.

The set top box helpline number is printed in the userguide. Whenever I have used this helpline I have had a reply within a day or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick50 View Post
And that number is......?
Thanks for that information. I hadn't spotted those details in the user guide and they've kept it well hidden on their website. The helpline is 00 44 1443 778910 and the email address is stbsupport@triax.co.uk. I've contacted them and I await a response with interest.
11-11-2012, 21:31   #408
dwhelan

Hi, I set up the TSC114 and it's working fine for the Irish channels.
My issue is that I have two satellites - one for English channels and one for German channels. There's a DiSEqC switch and on previous set top boxes I was able to receive both satellites into the one box.
The default setup has tuned in the German channels for me, but I'm not sure how to add the English ones. I tried "add satellite" in the installation but all it did was re-scan the German channels.
The settings are confusing for me in the add satellite dialogue, so has anyone any pointers as to what settings I should use?

Thanks.
12-11-2012, 17:16   #409
kelbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post

I have set pvr file format to "ps" in the PREFERENCES-PVR Config menu. Most recordings are saved as mpg files..good. But some are saved as TSV .. certainly the HD channels .. whats going on?
Tried this out myself, set it to "ps" - but my recordings are still saved as TSV. Any ideas how I can get them all to be mpg files?
12-11-2012, 21:04   #410
Johnboy1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelbal View Post
Tried this out myself, set it to "ps" - but my recordings are still saved as TSV. Any ideas how I can get them all to be mpg files?
Are TSV files not mpeg?

EDIT
Of course it might be messing with the file format for the HD so that it only plays back on the same box.
I have read mention of something similar here
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...&topicid=99187

Last edited by Johnboy1951; 12-11-2012 at 21:17.
Advertisement
13-11-2012, 11:09   #411
kelbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy1951 View Post
Are TSV files not mpeg?
I copied the TSV file to my PC, and changed the extension to .mpeg. Windows media player wouldn't play it, but Nero Showtime player did
13-11-2012, 11:15   #412
kelbal

Another issue I'm having is fast forwarding through a recorded program, to skip the ads. When I reckon the ads are about to end I hit the play button - and it jumps forward or backward a couple of minutes. I then scroll again to get back to the end of the ads, hit play, and it jumps again to some random spot.
It's done this both for a recorded show - and a live pause, but seems to be worse for live pause.
Could be my hard drive of course, but just thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem?
13-11-2012, 16:29   #413
Johnboy1951

Quote:
I copied the TSV file to my PC, and changed the extension to .mpeg. Windows media player wouldn't play it, but Nero Showtime player did
You could also try changing it to .ts if you have a player that plays such files.
13-11-2012, 22:12   #414
ninja900

Quote:
Could be my hard drive of course, but just thought I'd see if anyone else is having this problem?
I've a very similar issue with a Triax TR112 box. Very annoying, and a shame because the box will play all sorts of file formats, just not very well, not even its own recordings
Advertisement
14-11-2012, 22:58   #415
heffo500

Do you think it would possible that someone could modify the software so we could have the 7 day epg on the satellite? I'd actually be willing to pay for it.

Last edited by heffo500; 15-11-2012 at 00:27.
20-11-2012, 17:59   #416
donmeister
Closed Account

Anyone using an external hard drive with this? I have a Toshiba 500gb USB 3.0 and the box is having problems identifying it.

Once I plug it into the box a message appears confirming it has connected but when I try record a program, it says 'Disk Partition failed' and cannot be accessed by the media player function.

Tried the hard drive in both NTFS and ExFat formats but the box still wont read it.

Any help?
21-11-2012, 08:42   #417
kelbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by donmeister View Post
Anyone using an external hard drive with this? I have a Toshiba 500gb USB 3.0 and the box is having problems identifying it.

Once I plug it into the box a message appears confirming it has connected but when I try record a program, it says 'Disk Partition failed' and cannot be accessed by the media player function.

Tried the hard drive in both NTFS and ExFat formats but the box still wont read it.

Any help?
I'm not looking at my Triax at the moment, so just going on memory - but you have to hit the Media button, then scroll across to Recorder Manager, then set an NTFS or FAT32 partition there. Only then will the box see the harddrive as a possibility for recording. Its on page 36 of the manual. Did you try that?
Thanks from:
24-11-2012, 16:31   #418
sky23

where the hell is this update that apparently they are working on??
28-11-2012, 17:31   #419
Droim Iarainn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky23 View Post
where the hell is this update that apparently they are working on??
I've been in email contact with them recently and, to be fair, they have responded promptly if somewhat blandly. But they have now said that they are working towards a software update sometime in early December but don't have an exact date.
Thanks from:
28-11-2012, 20:35   #420
steveon

Quote:
Gomplayer will play the tsv files no problem on a pc...

http://player.gomlab.com/eng/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion