Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

steveon wrote: »
    Advantages of TSC114 V HD537 IN my opinion.
    1. Easier to tune in from scratch takes minutes and cannel listing can be saved to usb to clone or progam another box.
    2.. Saorview grapfix now on outer box and on bootup screen to assure customers of saorview approval.
    3. Graphix and menus the same as the Triax Saorview Box Tr112, which is useful should some1 have 1 in a secondary room.

Disadvantages,
    1. No interactive Teletext or red button action on the BBC channels this was available in the hd537 so is a step backwards.

It certainly looks a lot better than the 537 in terms of menu - are there any reports of issues or problems

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

liamtech wrote: »
    It certainly looks a lot better than the 537 in terms of menu - are there any reports of issues or problems

Have installed 12 so far and have no comebacks yet...installed about 20 537#s and am getting phonecalls every so often bout them but have most problems not sorted with them ....wish TRIAX would do a lil more with product support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bazile3

Hi, I took the advice and bought one from VANJAK, it came very quickly and set up is very straight forward. When I did the scan it picked up the saorview channels with no problem but it won't pick up the satalite channels as it keeps saying "LNB is loaded!" It is connected to our sky dish which has a three way LNB, two of which work the sky+ box perfectly and the other one will work the old sky box for the free to air channels no problem so I can't understand why it won't work this triax TSC 114 box, any suggestions greatly appreciated ????

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

bazile3 wrote: »
    Hi, I took the advice and bought one from VANJAK, it came very quickly and set up is very straight forward. When I did the scan it picked up the saorview channels with no problem but it won't pick up the satalite channels as it keeps saying "LNB is loaded!" It is connected to our sky dish which has a three way LNB, two of which work the sky+ box perfectly and the other one will work the old sky box for the free to air channels no problem so I can't understand why it won't work this triax TSC 114 box, any suggestions greatly appreciated ????

Sounds like you have short check the cable and connectors from lnb to receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Hmm vanjak are supposed to be a trade only supplier?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bazile3

Thanks Martin, I will check that out today.
    True Tony but I'm vat registered as a fitter and they were happy to deal with me so no harm done ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

bazile3 wrote: »
    Thanks Martin, I will check that out today.
    True Tony but I'm vat registered as a fitter and they were happy to deal with me so no harm done ?

" sorry for going off topic "
    Thats great, Im a courier and vat registered too, must order a load of them and undercut all the aerial installers on price, i thought a trade only supplier only deals with the particular trade it's involved with? I see a lot of this going on in these forums where people have access to trade only price lists from trade only suppliers and are not in the trade and also order goods from these suppliers who happily take the order?????? Im lost, so what chance has the people in the trade from that, I think people here in the trade should voice their concerns to vanjak and other trade only suppliers to start updating their clients lists.Greed on behalf of the trade only so called suppliers, Take a look at the other thread on the ka band lnb's, jesus people who are not in the trade had access to price of ln'b trade only and think nothing of saying it in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Cesium Clock

zg3409 wrote: »
    Has anyone connected the Triax TSC114 to a Saorsat LNB and if so does it give the 7 day guide etc as expected?.

yes and it shows the 7 day epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

The ISAA team have posted there review about the TSC 114 combo receiver.
    It can be found at the ISAA web site.

Regards,

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

Nice to see they addressed 2 of 5 suggestions I gave them with a firmware update ...

http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

• Advertisement

Good work

dubber wrote: »
    Nice to see they addressed 2 of 5 suggestions I gave them with a firmware update ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

dubber wrote: »

All we need now is interactive text on bbc and it will be almost perfect...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

banjacksed wrote: »
    " sorry for going off topic "
    Thats great, Im a courier and vat registered too, must order a load of them and undercut all the aerial installers on price, i thought a trade only supplier only deals with the particular trade it's involved with? I see a lot of this going on in these forums where people have access to trade only price lists from trade only suppliers and are not in the trade and also order goods from these suppliers who happily take the order?????? Im lost, so what chance has the people in the trade from that, I think people here in the trade should voice their concerns to vanjak and other trade only suppliers to start updating their clients lists.Greed on behalf of the trade only so called suppliers, Take a look at the other thread on the ka band lnb's, jesus people who are not in the trade had access to price of ln'b trade only and think nothing of saying it in public.

Because I cannot see any 'thumbs-down' button, only a 'thums-up' one, this is just a post to say I disagree with the view expressed.

I'd start another thread on this subject but its likely to end up a train wreck.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Is it just me, or when I rearrange the channels, the number doesn't change accordingly. eg. if BBC2 is 231, and I move it to just after RTE1+1, it stays 231 with 9 following?

I must be missing something?

I had the same experience when trying it out but the triax rep said there was a way around it which he did not elaborate on at the time.

byte wrote: »
    Is it just me, or when I rearrange the channels, the number doesn't change accordingly. eg. if BBC2 is 231, and I move it to just after RTE1+1, it stays 231 with 9 following?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭B bopp

byte wrote: »

its in the terrestrial settings , cant remember exactly what is called, something like logical numbering or dynamic numbering. switch it off...

its LCN (local channel numbering) in the DVB-T install menu.

1. install satellite DVB-S first, or load a list from USB.
    2. then when installing DVB-T channels turn off LCN and do a manual scan from your transmitter.

now you can move channels about in channel manager without the channel keeping its original number.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭B bopp

2. then when installing DVB-T channels turn off LCN and do a manual scan from your transmitter.

now you can move channels about in channel manager without the channel keeping its original number.

Yup that's it...... Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PedroTech

I have also tried this and it works fine. All channels are now in order as I wanted them. Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, this has worked fine. Thanks!

Does anyone have a link to a Satellite channels list I could load into my box?

PedroTech wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link to a Satellite channels list I could load into my box?

http://www.tvtrade.ie/saorview-combo.html

click the downloads tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

steveon wrote: »
    Disadvantages,
    1. No interactive Teletext or red button action on the BBC channels this was available in the hd537 so is a step backwards.

It's a pretty major disadvantage IMHO. BBC/Red button option will be sorely missed during the 2012 Olympics: Lack of Red Button functionality only thing putting me off buying the Triax TSC114. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

On FTA boxes you can tune in the red button streams as channels.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

usually shown as stream1 etc

I have just searched my Satellite channels and have found the BBC Streams. They appear in the channel list as 6711 to 6715, there is also a Multiscreen channel there aswell. This should be useful to watch the BBC sport programmes, and the Olympics if broadcast by the BBC. Glad I bought this box now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭noellinnane

I got one of these boxes for my parents to replace sky, so far very impressed with it but one very annoying thing is the screen aspect.

It doesnt offer an option for a 4:3 picture to fill the screen via HDMI

Anybody know a way to fix this? Its annoying to be stuck with the black bars on either side

I got one of these boxes for my parents to replace sky, so far very impressed with it but one very annoying thing is the screen aspect.

It doesnt offer an option for a 4:3 picture to fill the screen via HDMI

Anybody know a way to fix this? Its annoying to be stuck with the black bars on either side

Get a 4:3 tv with a HDMI socket :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Get used to it.
    you can't fill a 4:3 screen with 16:9 or 16:9 with 4:3 without doing violence to the image.

Virtually no cinema WS exactly matches TV WS.

We now have
    1.33:1 (= 4:3)
    some 5:4 (rare)
    Academy Format (old 35mm Film, nearly 4:3)
    1.66:1 WS Film
    1.78:1 ( = 16:9)
    1.85:1 (Most cinema WS)
    2.35:1 / 2.40:1 (Cinemascope, Panavision WS)
    Ben Hur was special 65mm Eastmancolor film stock with a 2.76:1 aspect ratio, but cropable to 2.40:1

If you bought a TV with sensible black frame, and have brightness & contrast set properly and dimmed room (needed for ANY serious TV viewing) then you will not notice any difference between shape of TV image and TV screen.

Explain how on a 16:9 TV you "fill" the screen with an 4:3 image without stupidly chopping top and bottom?

This is why I tell people:
    1) If you care about HD, probably minimum size is 42"
    2) Always buy a WS TV that is a little taller (NOT diagonal) than your existing 4:3 set, i.e. 37" WS replaces a 28" 4:3, a 32" WS only really replaces a 24" 4:3 because sizes are diagonal.

On 4:3 TVs you can have a black bars for WS, or crop sides. But WS is filmed/Shot "safe" for 4:3 if it's TV, though they will cease doing this soon. 4:3 has never been shot to allow sensible crop to fill WS,. except where they use regular film and lens and mask for WS prints. But then you get the 16:9 version unless you buy an ancient VHS. (Willow has some extra image area top & bottom on 4:3 VHS and sides thus less chopped compared to Cinema / DVD version).

Advertisement