Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coolcreen

minder2009 wrote: »
    how do you delete the recordings? and how do you know if it is recording?Box in attic. Missus put her soaps on record on saorview epg it shows them as ready to record...when she went to watch them they had not recorded. triax 114.....usb key in. also formatted.....appreciate advice please

Just noticed that your post stated that the box is in the attic. so you cannot see the lights. Wonder how you can use the remote control in that location. It's called a set top box for a reason. I too would love to locate somewhere out of sight, but felt that I did not have that option.

Regarding the failure to record, have you considered formatting the drive using the Triax TSC 114, only a suggestion
    Is the speed of your memory key too slow???

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

coolcreen wrote: »
    Just noticed that your post stated that the box is in the attic. so you cannot see the lights. Wonder how you can use the remote control in that location. It's called a set top box for a reason. I too would love to locate somewhere out of sight, but felt that I did not have that option.

Most likely that he is using a triax trilink kit to control the box from a remote location.

Most likely that he is using a triax trilink kit to control the box from a remote location.

And why did I not think of that....makes sense. Haven't really looked into TriLink, but expect that it does not give him/her any indication if the unit is recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Digital Satellite TV

coolcreen wrote: »
    And why did I not think of that....makes sense. Haven't really looked into TriLink, but expect that it does not give him/her any indication if the unit is recording.

nah, don't think so. In that particular case if you were recording sat and tried to change channel, you would see your channel list greatly diminished. Same not true of recording terrestrial for now as other terrestrial channel available to watch while recording one of them but when the extra muxes go live you would have only got satellite availbale and that might be your indication in the case of box in attic. Just a quick way of checking, just change channel:)

nah, don't think so. In that particular case if you were recording sat and tried to change channel, you would see your channel list greatly diminished. Same not true of recording terrestrial for now as other terrestrial channel available to watch while recording one of them but when the extra muxes go live you would have only got satellite availbale and that might be your indication in the case of box in attic. Just a quick way of checking, just change channel:)

Yes, I nice workaround. Would not suit a person in my life. If I told that person to check if the number of channels were reduced, I may get a reply "What's a channel" or "Do I have to count all the channels" A flashing light is much easier to explain in my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

Thks for informative reply.We still not getting recording when set by EPG , however when program starts if you press record, on remote it will record no proble.So the usb 16 GB is working. The record manager is showing program as recorded. Its plays fine.I am dumbfounded!! Must be doing something small wrong i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

Hi,
    I have one of the TSC114 boxes and although I think its a worthwhile box, there is a niggle that iritates me. When pushing buttons on the remote, very often its as if you pressed the button twice, so a number, for example, may appear twice, resulting in the wrong channel. I know its a small thing and if you press the button quickly enough it doesn't happen.

I was just wondering if this was something Triax could fix with an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭minder2009

There is also an issue that when recording a programme on terrestrial and then going to Astra to watch a free to air programme the box keeps switching back to the recording programme. My new box is doing this I am aware there have been emails to triax re this fault ... This box may not be as reliable as we think

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have noticed the way pressing a number too long can make it double/treble up.

I'd imagine a simple sw update would fix that.

One thing I don't like, is how hard it is to see onscreen banners etc, if connected to an SD TV via Scart. The text is too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm thinking of getting the 114, just wondering what I'll need to make it work. We have a Sky dish and Sky Plus in the sitting room, but in my bedroom I don't have a multi room box, I just get the Irish & UK channels and can watch whatever is on Sky in the sitting room. There is an aerial cable that goes into the TV in my bedroom to get these channels.

But looking at the 114 setup guide, it looks like I need the aerial cable I already use and also another cable linked to the Sky dish/box, is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭zg3409

But looking at the 114 setup guide, it looks like I need the aerial cable I already use and also another cable linked to the Sky dish/box, is that right?

You need another cable to the DISH not the Sky box. Check if the LNB at the end of the dish has 4 connections and if two are spare.

If you only have one Sky box and if it is a recording version then the dish should have 4 connections with two spare. If your setup is different then you may have no spare connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

I'm looking for help with TSC114 setup. When I turned it on and went to initial setup it appeared to find the saorview channels and then found the satellite channels. When setup finished the saorview channels were not there and attempts to install them fail. If anyone has any ideas or has had this problem snd sorted it your help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

U need to ensure that you turn off LCN numbering before you tune in the box otherwise the channels will tune in strange numbers. If you want send me ur email and I can send u on a channel list that I have done, u will then just need to add the rte channels which u can do by scanning the dvb-t option on the manual tuning.

I have the rtes added from Limerick which come out on ch47 which mite be of use to any1 else.

Thanks for that steveon. I tried setting the tsc114 up in another room and that worked to an extent in that it picked up the saorview channels but the quality isn't great. So now I have more questions. Firstly I'll explain my setup. I am in Wexford town. The aerial feeds in to a splitter in the attic. I have 5 feeds coming out of this. I also have 5 feeds coming form the satellite dish. I have triax combiners in the attic each with an aerial and satellite feed going throught the cable that was installed in the house. Coming out of the tv point in each rom I use another combiner to split the satellite and aerial signals and then connect these to the tsc114. The house was built over 20 years ago and the coax cable used in the house was the old brown type. This has worked fine for the last few years with the satellite and analogue aerial feeds. The satellite channels on the tsc114 are perfect. My questions are: Could the old coax cable throughout the house be the problem? The aerial splitter box in the attic is also over 20 years old so would it be worth getting a new one to boost the aerial feed?

If it's OK I'm going to move these queries to a new thread as they don't relate specifically to the TSC114.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oulton

Hi all I purchased a tsc114 combi a couple of days ago and so far it seems to be doing a great job. I have sky multi room and decided to replace one of the bedroom boxes with this I just replaced the sky box reconnected sat feed and added aerial no problem all done in ten minutes great reception and if all goes well I will be replacing Sky alltogether.
    Just one question even though on channel listing it shows cartoonito there seems to be no reception even though if I use the sky box as free to air with no card there no problem, this seems to be the case also with one or two other channels. Can anyone please advise as my young children will not allow me to ditch Sky unless I can provide a few choices for them.Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Irishdudedave

Does anyone know a bricks and mortar store in Cork which stocks the TSC114?

I need to install one for a friend today and won't be able to wait for one to be delivered next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

oulton wrote: »
    Just one question even though on channel listing it shows cartoonito there seems to be no reception even though if I use the sky box as free to air with no card there no problem, this seems to be the case also with one or two other channels. Can anyone please advise as my young children will not allow me to ditch Sky unless I can provide a few choices for them.Thanks.

I'm pretty sure the only free kids' channels are cbbc, cbeebies, citv, Pop, Kix, Tiny Pop & whatever you get on Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oulton

Hi, I got my box in Dwyers Electrical on Forge Hill by airport they had a pallet of them last wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

oulton wrote: »
    Hi all I purchased a tsc114 combi a couple of days ago and so far it seems to be doing a great job. I have sky multi room and decided to replace one of the bedroom boxes with this I just replaced the sky box reconnected sat feed and added aerial no problem all done in ten minutes great reception and if all goes well I will be replacing Sky alltogether.

According to http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-skydigital.php cartoonito is an encrypted channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

Ive had my receiver a week now and when I turn it on all I get is a black screen and no response. Can anyone help?

heffo500 wrote: »
    Ive had my receiver a week now and when I turn it on all I get is a black screen and no response. Can anyone help?

How do you have it connected to your tv, via scart or hdmi cable? Is the light red or blue on the front?

steveon wrote: »
    How do you have it connected to your tv, via scart or hdmi cable? Is the light red or blue on the front?

Its connected with a HDMI cable and the lights are blue in the front, I unplugged it for 10 min and plug it back in like the manual said but that has done nothing.

When you press menu do you see anything on screen?

When you press menu do you see anything on screen?

Nothing still a Black Screen

I'm wondering did u adjust the hdmi settings too high for your tv to handle, can you connect up a scart lead from the box to the tv and see if u get any picture,

I'm wondering did u adjust the hdmi settings too high for your tv to handle, can you connect up a scart lead from the box to the tv and see if u get any picture,

I receive picture from the scart now but I cant seem to get it back to the hdmi. Any ideas?

I havent got one in front of me rite now but if you go into the picture settings there is an option to change the hdmi settings try changing them to a lower value.

Or maybe your hdmi cable is faulty.

I havent got one in front of me rite now but if you go into the picture settings there is an option to change the hdmi settings try changing them to a lower value.

Or maybe your hdmi cable is faulty.

I tried the HDMI with my ps3 and it works fine so I plugged the box into my full hd samsung an it came and and the resolution was 1280 * 720 that box was sending out and it still resulted in a black screen. Could it be a faulty hdmi output on the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone else notice that the media player function seems a bit hit and miss when it comes to playing back films etc on an external harddisk. Say two AVI files one will work and another won't "Format not recognised". Any idea why this is? Is there a fix?

Advertisement