Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triax TSC114 - anyone got their hands on one yet?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It works as a receiver, which is all I've said.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Droim Iarainn

5uspect wrote: »
    It works as a receiver, which is all I've said.

I would agree (except for the rather basic function of being able to permanently delete terrestrial channels - deletion of satellite channels does work) but it's advertised and sold as having more functions than that. A fundamental one of those, timer recording, does not properly work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

except for the rather basic function of being able to permanently delete terrestrial channels ...

Is there an "auto search in standby" option in System Settings? Is it turned off?

Is there an "auto search in standby" option in System Settings? Is it turned off?

No, there's a Setting menu but there's no option like that there? LCN is switched off in the Installation menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PedroTech

Thank you Touts, its a shame more of the people using boards don't think like you. I am just happy with my receiver and the help I have received. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Crabby_Hermit

PedroTech is a member of the TSC114 appreciation club.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Is this what people in here have been waiting for ???http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoRoads

doney84 wrote: »
    Is this what people in here have been waiting for ???http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

Have you installed it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

No. A brother of mine has the box and he is installing it tonite. Just noticed that there was a few people in this thread waiting for an update and was wondering if this will solve the issues they were having.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭sky23

feck sake after all that waiting they haven't fixed the aspect ratio problem :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Equinoxe

Hi message below from Triax!

We have now release new software to fix the Daily Timer record issue on the TSC 114 receiver. Please see the link below so you can download the new software for the TSC 114 receiver.

http://www.triax.co.uk/Downloads/Software%20Downloads.aspx

doney84 wrote: »

Yes, this is what I had been waiting for. I have now had the firmware installed for the last fortnight and I am pleased with the improvement. All the problems I had experienced, particularly the faulty timers and the reappearing terrestrial channels as well as other small irritants, have been sorted. So, well done at last Triax, even if these issues should never have arisen in the first place.

Sin é, tá súil agam nach mbeidh aon ghá bheith ag gearán níos mó agus go bhfuil an teachtaireacht seo an ceann deireannach uaimse ar an bhfóram seo - slán!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

only seen the new firmware now ,just to find a blank unlocked usb stick and update box,i have an external powered usb hdd for recordings handy as my sat boxes had a problem,i have about 16 recordings on it but one drawback i see so far is i never can remember what i have looked at as the program never changes and no icon to show what was viewed.thought deleting the viewed recording would be easy but as of yet not found out.
    on the list of recorded programs under neath just has the up/down arrows to move
    and enter to play the recording.this is the second model i bought first been the 112?
    and for future reference the 2 remotes are different as i tried using the wrong one and was scratching my head.
    i would still say a good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Hi all,

I have one of these boxes and have noted that the EPG appears blank for some of the satellite channels, not sure if this is intermittent as yet. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or has anyone else seen this concern?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

marob1969 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have one of these boxes and have noted that the EPG appears blank for some of the satellite channels, not sure if this is intermittent as yet. Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas or has anyone else seen this concern?

I think that's because it only has now and next and even that only comes up when you are on that channel or a channel with the same settings. The tech guys here can explain in more detail but as I understand it the EPG info is encrypted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 TwoRoads

As I understand it EPG for Saorview channels has all program info from current to days ahead. I find this myself.

The satellite channels only have current program and next. I need to select the program first for the info to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

sorry for the basic question guys, I can't remember the answer to this one - but LCN just allows for channels to be renumbered, is that right? If I reorder all my channels, turning LCN off lists them as channel 1,2,3 etc in the order I've put them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OisinDunne

Just updated the box last night...it clears your channel list. No warning of that in the instructions.
    Also...all NI freeview chanels now come in at 230+ so when the satellite ones come in, they take from 250+
    Even with lcn, I have 1 to 9 (saorview) followed by 250 {utv)

Annoying..but usable., will mail triax today to see why this was done or if it's another bug :-(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

OisinDunne wrote: »
    Just updated the box last night...it clears your channel list. No warning of that in the instructions.
    Also...all NI freeview chanels now come in at 230+ so when the satellite ones come in, they take from 250+
    Even with lcn, I have 1 to 9 (saorview) followed by 250 {utv)

Annoying..but usable., will mail triax today to see why this was done or if it's another bug :-(

I'm pretty sure the instructions say you have to retune after the update. I just backed up my channel list before the update and restored them after. Probably not a bad idea to have them backed up anyway.

5uspect wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the instructions say you have to retune after the update. I just backed up my channel list before the update and restored them after. Probably not a bad idea to have them backed up anyway.

Yes, the instructions do say that. BEWARE, when I used the previously saved channel list after installing the new firmware, some of the timer problems still persisted. It was only when I did a fresh retune of all channels (a pain but worth it) that the problems all disappeared.

• Advertisement

always best to start afresh after a firmware upgrade so as not to have any bugs stored and a fresh scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

TwoRoads wrote: »
    As I understand it EPG for Saorview channels has all program info from current to days ahead. I find this myself.

The satellite channels only have current program and next. I need to select the program first for the info to appear.

I know that EPG for the satellite is now and next only, (and 7 days for Saorview), but having to select the program first for the info to appear is painfull. Is this a problem that everyone has? In other words, do we have to live with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

There's a few channels I don't get, such as BBC3 and BBC4, just a black screen and then a "service not available" message. Anyone know how I can get the channels in?

think you can only get them on a sat box not a saorview dtt box.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

There's a few channels I don't get, such as BBC3 and BBC4, just a black screen and then a "service not available" message. Anyone know how I can get the channels in?

Presume you're aware BBC3 & 4 only start programmes at 7pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

greasepalm wrote: »
    think you can only get them on a sat box not a saorview dtt box.

You're aware this is a thread for the Triax TSC114?

i should have said stated that they are not on the dtt side via aerial but on sat side via dish and yes i have that one,maybe i did forget cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kbo

Tried to install the firmware update last night and it failed. I had downloaded the software and unpacked it to a freshly formatted USB stick. Inserted the stick into the back of the Triax and went through the Upgrade routine. Then a blue screen appeared, with the title Download From USB and Open File Fail ! in white text on it. Tried removing the stick, reformatting it and re-downloading the software but no joy. Can't go back either, as the upgrade seems to have zapped the original firmware - when I remove the USB stick and turn the box off and on, the box won't start up.

Anyone know how to reinstall the firmware on one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bettystown runner

i have a problem with this box just wondering if anyone else has same problem the plus 1 channels eg ch5 +1 itv3 +1 have an echo on them ,this does not happen when i set up an old sky box ??
    also on some of the channels there is a voice explaining what is going on
    how do i turn this off?
    thanks for the help
    p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 kbo

I think there are two related things going on here:

The voice explaining what is going on is Audio Describe. My wife is blind and uses this to know what is going on. By law in the UK, I think 20% of all programming output has to have Audio Describe on it. To get rid of it, press the AD button on the remote and turn the Audio Describe volume down to zero.

I think the echo occurs when the Audio Describe volume is turned up but the Audio channel is set to English rather than NAR (narrative) - if its set to NAR, you will get the Audio Describe voiceover if the programme is broadcast with it. Press the Audio button and select English, and turn the Audio Describe volume down, and this should get rid of your problems.

kieran

Advertisement