Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

26-01-2011, 14:43   #6916
astra2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveT View Post
hi guys, just joined today, did ww before and am a bit confused by all the new stuff,

what crisps are low in pp? and what chocolate is ok? are curly wurlys still?

and special k 30g with skimmed milk?

I only joined at lunch time and havent had a chance to work it out yet,

oh is diet coke still free? and coffee?
Hi and welcome. First few days are confusing, the best bit of advice I can give you is go back to start of jan on this tread and you will get loads of info,. Everybody here are so welcoming and you get lots of good advice. Arm yourself with a pen and note book and take down the points of everything you think you will eat.
Curly wurly pp3
skimmed milk 143ml pp1
special k 30g pp3
diet coke 0pp
coffee without milk and sugar 0pp
fresh and frozen fruit pp0.
Best of luck it will take time to get used to but this tread def makes it easier!!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-01-2011, 14:45   #6917
EveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra2000 View Post
Hi and welcome. First few days are confusing, the best bit of advice I can give you is go back to start of jan on this tread and you will get loads of info,. Everybody here are so welcoming and you get lots of good advice. Arm yourself with a pen and note book and take down the points of everything you think you will eat.
Curly wurly pp3
skimmed milk 143ml pp1
special k 30g pp3
diet coke 0pp
coffee without milk and sugar 0pp
fresh and frozen fruit pp0.
Best of luck it will take time to get used to but this tread def makes it easier!!

thanks a million for that, so my brekkie would be 4, if I had special k coffee and a piece of fruit, thats ok.
what crisps are good?
I will def go back and have a look from start of Jan, just need to try get enough info to get me through the first few days!
26-01-2011, 14:46   #6918
m'lady

Quote:
hi guys, just joined today, did ww before and am a bit confused by all the new stuff,

what crisps are low in pp? and what chocolate is ok? are curly wurlys still?

and special k 30g with skimmed milk?

I only joined at lunch time and havent had a chance to work it out yet,

oh is diet coke still free? and coffee?

Hi there.... Velvet Crunch are only 2 pro points, The Galaxy Bubbles is 5 pro points which is quite good value, Curly Wurly are 3 p/p. Special K 30g would be 3 p/p and the milk I would usually add a point.

Diet drinks are still free, but for full fat ones a can is 4 p/p!! coffee is free, obviously not including the milk and sugar if you take it!

I hope the above is all right, anyone feel free to correct me!
26-01-2011, 14:48   #6919
EveT

Quote:
Originally Posted by m'lady View Post
Hi there.... Velvet Crunch are only 2 pro points, The Galaxy Bubbles is 5 pro points which is quite good value, Curly Wurly are 3 p/p. Special K 30g would be 3 p/p and the milk I would usually add a point.

Diet drinks are still free, but for full fat ones a can is 4 p/p!! coffee is free, obviously not including the milk and sugar if you take it!

I hope the above is all right, anyone feel free to correct me!
thanks a mill, does anyone know what the walkers baked are? will go back to start of thread later on when not in work.

how do people find it compared to the old program?
26-01-2011, 14:48   #6920
Layla0509

This has prob been asked before so sorry but I couldn't find it

Does anyone know the pp of the new knorr mediterranean shake in the bag do you point the seasoning
Advertisement
26-01-2011, 14:51   #6921
m'lady

Had first weigh in today and was down 3 pounds, am delighted as that seriously is the max I have ever lost in a week, the weight dribbles off me! so well chuffed with myself!

Just to let anyone that does not know this already, the packets of flavoured noodles that you can buy are 14 p/points, I could not believe it.

Also my leader told us today a normal slice of bread is 3 p/p, I have been pointing it as 2, and batch bread is roughly 5 p/p!
(3) thanks from:
26-01-2011, 14:53   #6922
kashmir

Hi All,

I am down 1lb this week. This is very good news as I was really testing the points situation this week as I am on maintenance so trying to see how far I can push it, which you have to do really to get a grasp on it. I ate every one of the daily and weekly points and about half of my activity points this week (walked an hour every day). S the plan really does work.

Just on the lunch ideas. I think it's important to have at least 5 points for lunch but 6/7 works for me. I like a prawn or crab salad (1pp worth of prawns/crab wich is lots and free salad veg) on 2 slices of McCambridges is 6 pp, add some mayo / raggee raggee for an extra point. The little tubs of extra light philly cheese are lovely too for only a pt as is extra thin ham/chicken or a slice of turkey meat. If you want to just stick with 5 points a tomato and lettuce sambo on 2 slices of standard brown pan bread really feels you up.

Have to say I'm a carbs person, I need them and eating them doesn't seem to affect my weight loss though I know everyone differs.

This article is good -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...-slimness.html
(3) thanks from:
26-01-2011, 14:54   #6923
astra2000

Quote:
thanks a million for that, so my brekkie would be 4, if I had special k coffee and a piece of fruit, thats ok.
what crisps are good?
I will def go back and have a look from start of Jan, just need to try get enough info to get me through the first few days!
Heres a few off the top of my head
tayto lfc per multipk bag pp3
skips " " pp2
trebel crunch " " pp2

Bread white or brown per slice pp2
chicken breast 165g pp4
ham 30g pp1
potatoes boiled 100g pp2
tin tuna in brine 56g pp1
pitta bread white 60g pp4
salad pp0
low fat mayo 15g pp1
26-01-2011, 14:54   #6924
EveT

I had the M&S new butternut squash and red pepper hummus for 6 points, was absolutely gorgeous
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
26-01-2011, 14:55   #6925
astra2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla0509 View Post
This has prob been asked before so sorry but I couldn't find it

Does anyone know the pp of the new knorr mediterranean shake in the bag do you point the seasoning
I havent used it but someone posted it before at 3pp, must try it soon.
26-01-2011, 14:55   #6926
marvilly

Y'all convinced me to join up again from reading the posts so I went last night..as for the weigh in..shock of my life but feeling v motivated and think the thread is brilliant for motivating/encouraging us relative newbies!I was a member years ago but I ve pretty much to forget EVERYTHING about the old points and relearn new system. I buoght the guides last night and has anyone else found that the info the shoping guide is inaccurate compared to info in the basic food list for somthings?eg porridge in shopping guide under 'basic cereals' (no particular brand) is down as 1 pp for 30g but in the booklets I got in the pack at the meeting it said 3pp??? I ll go with three just in case!noticed a few bits like that.
also...I know its only day one but when I was tracking and planning what to buy, the new higher values are throwing me off!I keep forgetting the allowance has gone way up!!
26-01-2011, 14:56   #6927
m'lady

Quote:
thanks a mill, does anyone know what the walkers baked are? will go back to start of thread later on when not in work.

how do people find it compared to the old program?

Not sure what the Walkers baked are, at a guess I would say 3/4 pp, but really am not too sure.

I am finding it excellent I have to say, it is confusing at the start, but once you try to 'forget' the old points value of things you will be grand. I am absolutely loving it, the fact that fruit is free is really helping me, I am ashamed to admit that I have eaten more fruit this week than I have all year, and I really think it has helped chocolate/sweet cravings too.

As said above I don't lose weight quickly, even in my first week, but today I lost 3 pounds and that is the max I have ever lost in one week!

Last edited by m'lady; 26-01-2011 at 14:59.
Thanks from:
26-01-2011, 14:59   #6928
astra2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvilly View Post
Y'all convinced me to join up again from reading the posts so I went last night..as for the weigh in..shock of my life but feeling v motivated and think the thread is brilliant for motivating/encouraging us relative newbies!I was a member years ago but I ve pretty much to forget EVERYTHING about the old points and relearn new system. I buoght the guides last night and has anyone else found that the info the shoping guide is inaccurate compared to info in the basic food list for somthings?eg porridge in shopping guide under 'basic cereals' (no particular brand) is down as 1 pp for 30g but in the booklets I got in the pack at the meeting it said 3pp??? I ll go with three just in case!noticed a few bits like that.
also...I know its only day one but when I was tracking and planning what to buy, the new higher values are throwing me off!I keep forgetting the allowance has gone way up!!
Best of luck with new start. I personally point each individual item rather than going by the basic cereals guide, as I think the points can vary from brand to brand,
26-01-2011, 15:00   #6929
kashmir

Quote:
Originally Posted by m'lady View Post
Had first weigh in today and was down 3 pounds, am delighted as that seriously is the max I have ever lost in a week, the weight dribbles off me! so well chuffed with myself!

Just to let anyone that does not know this already, the packets of flavoured noodles that you can buy are 14 p/points, I could not believe it.

Also my leader told us today a normal slice of bread is 3 p/p, I have been pointing it as 2, and batch bread is roughly 5 p/p!
Most slices of bread white or brown are 2 pp for one slice. There are some like the Brennans multi grain which are 3pp per slice. The important thing to remember is that different quantities can work out differently (this is because there are no half points) so 2 slices of bread are usually 5pp. I point things as much as I can rather than depending on the list and I point it based on the quantity I am eating. Pat the Baker brown beard and batch are the same..
26-01-2011, 15:02   #6930
m'lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
Most slices of bread white or brown are 2 pp for one slice. There are some like the Brennans multi grain which are 3pp per slice. The important thing to remember is that different quantities can work out differently (this is because there are no half points) so 2 slices of bread are usually 5pp. I point things as much as I can rather than depending on the list and I point it based on the quantity I am eating. Pat the Baker brown beard and batch are the same..

Thanks Kashmir, I didnt think it sounded right, out leader had brought in bread to show is points values, and she was adament it was 3 p/p! I am going to continue to point it at 2 p/p as I really do not eat much bread at all.
Thread Closed