Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

starlight1 wrote: »
    Dunnes own brand oval wholemeal pittas only work out as 3ppts each:)

I've been using them since the old system cos they worked out less then aswell.

much nicer than the ww ones

I'll definately check out the dunnes ones. I mind alot of the weight watchers branded things are slightly miserable. It's nearly worth the extra few ppts to get normal branded stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks for the help, I had a quarter bag of chips and a slice of pizza, I have eaten very little today anyway (about 8 pp), so am not too worried, but to be honest after a full week of eaten healthy I actually feel sick after eating it, think its the oily taste! I will remember the next time, ( I always knew I was a healthy person trying to get out!).

On the upside I got my ass out and went for a half hour walk and felt great after it.

Just wondering roughly what amount of weight is everyone hoping to lose here? I am hoping to lose about 3 stone....

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Just back from weigh in, was down 2lbs :D

1 more pound to my 4th stone...

well done to all the losers this week and to anyone who's having a bad one, just stick with it, slow and steady wins the race as they say ;)

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    I'll definately check out the dunnes ones. I mind alot of the weight watchers branded things are slightly miserable. It's nearly worth the extra few ppts to get normal branded stuff!!

completely agree!!I tried the ww ones but they were so thin, they were nearly crumbling apart in my hand :)

The dunnes ones are lovely, defo more satisfying than ww ones and at less points, theyre a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey guys,

well done to everybody for the will power!!! Just any opinions here would be great - am 15.5 stone - joined WW two weeks ago, lost 5 pounds in first week (didnt eat any rubbish and walked 3 miles each evening) did the VERY same last week and put on 1.5 pounds. If im honest Im gutted :(:(:(

Not one sweet or any big portion crossed my lips and excerised to the last... any ideas? time of the month is not this sunday but next sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Re the shake & bake seasoning in bag.
    That was me, it was pretty disgusting, I'm sorry I wasted my lovely M&S chicken breasts on it tbh.

Just to jump in!

I had the rustic chicken & thought it was delicious. I really did. It makes the chicken sooo tender & super tasty.

I also had the papiraka chicken & it was gorgeous IMO. Every1 to there own I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just back from my WI and stayed the same. I am happy with that because I had a big weekend in Spain involving greasy food all weekend and a litre of vodka :eek:

A new week now so gonna get back on track as I stayed the same at my last WI as well. I'm 1lb from my third silver seven so really want to get that next week.
    boxoff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

well done to everybody for the will power!!! Just any opinions here would be great - am 15.5 stone - joined WW two weeks ago, lost 5 pounds in first week (didnt eat any rubbish and walked 3 miles each evening) did the VERY same last week and put on 1.5 pounds. If im honest Im gutted :(:(:(

Not one sweet or any big portion crossed my lips and excerised to the last... any ideas? time of the month is not this sunday but next sunday

I often find that when I do exercise and stick within my points it won't actually show on the scales til the following week. It could also just be muscle. You may have a big loss next week to balance out the gain this week. My advice to you is to not give up. Keep sticking to points, tracking and exercising because it will pay off :)

Eabha x

Hey guys,

I agree with Eabha boxoff

If I've learned anything since I've been in ww it's that everybody is different and our bodies work in different ways. Before xmas I was in a loss/loss/gain cycle even though I'd be as good each week, but looking at the overall loss over 4 weeks I was always down. so try to remain focused on the bigger picture, stick with it and it will work for you.

The worst thing you can do to yourself is to be so p*ssed off you go on a binge and undo your hard work.start afresh tomorrow and I bet you'll see a loss next week. good luck :)

Thanks Eabha for reply! Am sticking at it without a doubt - feel great if anything :D

Really tasty and good smoothie receipe if your interested

1 WW friut yoghurt
    1 pp
    Dash of light Cranberry juice
    1pp
    Few strawberries, raspberries, kiwi (what ever you got!)
    1 orange
    1 banana

Throw em all in the blender and you got a delicious smoothie - Amazing!!

* Frozen berries work great for this aswell - ya can pick them up in any frozen food dept in supermarket.

Well done on your weight loss!! Jo:D

starlight1 wrote: »
    I agree with Eabha boxoff

If I've learned anything since I've been in ww it's that everybody is different and our bodies work in different ways. Before xmas I was in a loss/loss/gain cycle even though I'd be as good each week, but looking at the overall loss over 4 weeks I was always down. so try to remain focused on the bigger picture, stick with it and it will work for you.

The worst thing you can do to yourself is to be so p*ssed off you go on a binge and undo your hard work.start afresh tomorrow and I bet you'll see a loss next week. good luck :)

Thanks starlight - good to hear your advice! Am def sticking to it, just feel so much healthier and better about myself if anything! Well done on your achievement jo:D

• Advertisement

Thanks starlight - good to hear your advice! Am def sticking to it, just feel so much healthier and better about myself if anything! Well done on your achievement jo:D

no prob at all, this time next week it could be me looking for advice :D

we've all been there at some stage, theres nothing worse than having a good week & not seeing the results but sounds like you have the right attitude. know exactly what you mean about feeling healthier & better about yourself, thats whats kept me going this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi All,

Went MIA there for a few days after my disappointing weigh in. but i've been tracking so its all good.

Kildareash, you're probably right, I'm within a stone of my goal, and everyone has been telling me that its the hardest weight to shift, I won't be put off this close to it!

Eabhabear, glad to hear you had a fun weekend and managed to maintain too!

Watching Operation Transformation for the first time, its great I have my class on monday, so its good to get a bit of midweek motivation from this!

Hey guys,

Hey boxoff,

its so hard not to be disappointed by that, but don't worry about it to much and don't lose heart. A pound up could be down to water retention a lot of the time too (thats happened to me A LOT over the last year) and as the others have said often it can take til the following week for the exercise to show on the scales.
    The most important thing is to not give up its worth it, disappointments and all. I started WW this time last year and I was 15st 7, and now I'm 12st11. its taken me a long time, and i've had a fair few disappointing weeks but i honestly would't trade it for a truckload of Ice Cream! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Well I had my 2nd WI this evening and was only down 1.5lbs. Was hoping for 2-3lbs so was a bit disappointed. But my leader said it was a good loss considering I don't have a lot to lose so that made me feel a bit better.

Having a cheeky takeaway tonight (have lots of daily pts left and 47 of my weekly ones, wuhoo!) then will gear myself up for a strict week.

Starting Weight: 10 st 13.5lbs
    WI 1: 10st 10.5lbs (-3.0lbs)
    WI 2: 10st 9lbs (-1.5lbs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fankles

Hey All,
    I have been thinking of joining WW for awhile now since I heard of these new propoints. Tried doing it about 10 years ago when I was about 17 but didn't stick to it. I have been reading this thread for the last few hours and I have finally decided to join WW next tuesday.
    I fractured my ankle 3 wks ago and have already put on about 5 pounds. I was lucky enough not to have to get a 6wk cast but do still have a boot and the doctor says I can finally start working on strengthening the ankle and get out of the boot so hopefully light exercise can start in about 3 weeks time. Thinking changing my diet sooner rather than later is best so I don't balloon in the next 3 wks.
    I am 11st 3lbs now and about 5' 3" and carry most of my weight on the bottom half so exercise is a must.:(
    Just want to thank everyone for all your stories as you have finally given me the motivation to get off my arse and do something about my weight.

Can anyone tell me how much approx I will need for my first meeting? I think it's €20 joining fee but just wondering about buying books/calculater etc..?

Also do they have new propoint books printed. I don't want to confuse myself with old points?

Fankles wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I have been thinking of joining WW for awhile now since I heard of these new propoints. Tried doing it about 10 years ago when I was about 17 but didn't stick to it. I have been reading this thread for the last few hours and I have finally decided to join WW next tuesday.
    I fractured my ankle 3 wks ago and have already put on about 5 pounds. I was lucky enough not to have to get a 6wk cast but do still have a boot and the doctor says I can finally start working on strengthening the ankle and get out of the boot so hopefully light exercise can start in about 3 weeks time. Thinking changing my diet sooner rather than later is best so I don't balloon in the next 3 wks.
    I am 11st 3lbs now and about 5' 3" and carry most of my weight on the bottom half so exercise is a must.:(
    Just want to thank everyone for all your stories as you have finally given me the motivation to get off my arse and do something about my weight.

Can anyone tell me how much approx I will need for my first meeting? I think it's €20 joining fee but just wondering about buying books/calculater etc..?

Also do they have new propoint books printed. I don't want to confuse myself with old points?

Hey Frankles,

Welcome! I'm pretty new myself, just joined 3 weeks ago.

They have new books printed so no confusion. And for your first week you'll need to bring €20 (€10 joining fee and €10 for the first week). There are WW snacks available to buy there too so you might want to bring a few quid extra if you think you might like to buys some of them, but they're cheaper in the likes of Dunnes/Tesco/Superquinn.

I sprained my ankle almost 7 weeks ago and it's still not right. I've been told to stay off it so can't do any extra exercise to speed up my weight-loss, but I'm still losing weight so it's possible to do without exercising, it all depends on how fast you want to lose it.

Best of luck and keep us all updated!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hey guys,

Hi boxoff, I know exactly how you feel. I had a great weight loss my first week -8lbs. Continued to follow the plan exactly & the 2nd week I was +2lbs. For me it wasn't TOTM either, about the middle of my cycle, so don't know what happened. Perservered with it & my 3rd WI yesterday, I was -4lbs. So it is working. I know it's disappointing to see a gain, but our bodies retain/loose water and there's nothing we can do about it. Stick with it & let us know how you get on next week. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Had my 2nd weigh in this evening and was up 2 pounds :( Really disappointed as I tracked and pointed everything and did loads of exercise... Am on here to stop my goin reaching for the biccie tin!!

Hey All,

If you don't have an iphone, I'd also recommend bringing 10.95 for the calculator its a lifesaver!

Good luck in joining Fankles.

my recommendation would be to buy the pro points calculator, usually available at your meeting for €10.95-I've found it a lifesaver in calculating pro points. There is a wheel thing in your pack that you get when you join but I think the calculator is much handier ;)

• Advertisement

If you don't have an iphone, I'd also recommend bringing 10.95 for the calculator its a lifesaver!

you beat me to it dottie!! great minds;)

Definitely - that feck!n wheel is a nightmare when you're in a rush :rolleyes:

Oh btw Frankles, I didn't know this when I started but your "startup kit" (food points list, tracker, booklet etc) is free when you join so it's only the extra booklets like "Shop" or "Eat Out" that you need to pay for but it's up to you to whether to buy them or not. You won't generally need them once you have the calculator and people on here will be happy to give you the points values in some foods if you cant work them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fankles

Hey SOS, Glad to know you are still losing the weight without exercise. I am hoping to lose a stone by july. Going to Spain and I don't want to be too uncomfortable in a bikini (which will be a first).

i will let you all know next tues how I get on at my first WI.

Thanks Dottie, I don't have an iphone so will definitely be investing in the calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

m'lady wrote: »
    Just wondering roughly what amount of weight is everyone hoping to lose here? I am hoping to lose about 3 stone....

I'm hoping to lose another 6 stone or more (on top of the 2 stone I have already lost).

I have a lot to lose. My starting weight was 18 stone 3 lbs, sickened when I saw that and it gave me a kick up the a**e.

Got my 2nd stone today at WI, down 1.5lb this week. Walked every day (do about 30 mins, more on the weekend). But had takeaway last weekend and ate all my weeklies and dailies.

Keep up the good work everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi All,
    Had my WI tonight down 1.5 pounds which means I've lost 4 stone :)
    Only 2 stone to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Only 2 stone to go

Wow thats absolutely fantastic! Do ya mind me asking how long it has taken you?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Slaygal wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Only 2 stone to go

Hey Slaygal, that's fantastic, well done!
    i had over four stone to lose altogether, 2 down, 2 or so to go!! Loving the support and info on this forum!
    My leader is going to set my overall goal next week, think it will be around 10 stone. The height/ideal weight chart in old books gave ideal weight for my height at 8.1 to 10.1 - don't really think 8 is maintainable tho, would be really happy with 10!!!

fofany wrote: »
    Hi boxoff, I know exactly how you feel. I had a great weight loss my first week -8lbs. Continued to follow the plan exactly & the 2nd week I was +2lbs. For me it wasn't TOTM either, about the middle of my cycle, so don't know what happened. Perservered with it & my 3rd WI yesterday, I was -4lbs. So it is working. I know it's disappointing to see a gain, but our bodies retain/loose water and there's nothing we can do about it. Stick with it & let us know how you get on next week. Good luck.

Thanks for the lovely reply Fofany! Am sticking with it regardless! Just in from a nice jog :D Aye seems to happen to alot of people, that our bodies just need to balance or that the weight loss might not show up until the following week. As I said, feeling great regardless so am def sticking to it with great enthusiasm.

Wow! Congrats on your weight loss, bet you feel great! Well done chic!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Hey guys,

I joined WW there 2 weeks ago. Had my 1st weigh in last week; down 2 pounds. I was happy with that. But I haven't stuck to it at all this week. I think i've found it so hard cos I've been sitting around, bored, eating. I am dreading Weigh In on Monday. As WW Veterans do you have any advice for hardcore exercise that might help me to just even stay the same weight this week?!

Thanks so much, and fair play aswell, this thread is an inspiration and it makes me see I really need to get my ass in gear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Third WI on propoints and down another 1.5 lbs, so total thats 9.5 in three weeks! Am so delighted.
    Haven't had time to post much on here, but been checking in during the day in work! Will def start posting more, the support and ideas shared are fantastic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement