Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irishman set to be deported from the US

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Has the "Well respected family" and "involved in the GAA" lines come out yet?

Any minute now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Cryptopagan

ddarcy wrote: »
    He has lots of issues here:

1. He lied on his ESTA- which is a federal crime. It’s stated on the ESTA

Btw he could still visit the USA, but would have needed a different Visa

2. He overstated the Visa- another federal crime.

3. He fraudulently obtained working documents- again a crime

4. Hes not a women - if he was a women and popped out a kid then he’d be given rights to stay in the USA as the legal system favours a mother over a father.

5. He knew the risks and unfortunately for him they have come home to bite him.

I believe if he hadn’t lied in his initial visa he may have been ok. But the US system is ruthless and he seems to have surpassed the mark of acceptance.

So it’s not a drugs conviction holding him back. I see three other crimes committed as well, that he knowingly committed.

I know, he’s an awful criminal so he is. His poor victims!

splinter65 wrote: »
    All issues that adults working together can overcome. No way anywhere near an excuse for them to be treated any differently to any other illegal immigrants.

Anyone in an equivalent situation should be allowed stay and continue to live their blameless lives.

I don't think that is the case, I think it's understandable people would be more likely to favour someone from their own country. Religion is nothing to do with it, most illegal immigrants in the US are Catholics from Latin America.

I do however think those from El Salvador and Honduras etc are in a far worse position. Being deported back here is not the worse place to be sent. Back to El Salvador, it could be a death sentence for many of those people.

I’m identifying the subtle racism in a lot of posters making excuses for the illegal immigrant. It’s definitely there.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's not some place, it's Ireland and he seems to have a trade and is/was running a business. Really can't see too many problems here on that score.

Ireland was in the grip of a massive crisis for a good few of the years he was there, and “getting a job” is only one of the problems upping sticks like that, especially when you’ve a child who isn’t Irish in any sense to consider.

I’m identifying the subtle racism in a lot of posters making excuses for the illegal immigrant. It’s definitely there.

^Straight to the leper colony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I know, he’s an awful criminal so he is. His poor victims!

There’s also a supply and demand issue. There are thousands of immigrants with his same abilities that don’t have prior convictions.

Unfortunately for him tough crap. He needs to be sent back. Have no sympathy for him.

If I illegally came to Ireland, got illegal documents off the IRA or other source and then knocked up an Irish bird, should I be allowed to stay? That’s what he has done and you can bet Ireland would deport as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ireland was in the grip of a massive crisis for a good few of the years he was there, and “getting a job” is only one of the problems upping sticks like that, especially when you’ve a child who isn’t Irish in any sense to consider.
    You keep making excuses for people unable to see past their noses. He screwed up, lied, overstayed his visa and has been rejected several times for regularisation. He clearly gambled on them not applying the law ever. As I said make a contingency plan. To keep butting their heads head with an immovable force is not a plan.

Anyone in an equivalent situation should be allowed stay and continue to live their blameless lives.

It’s just unfortunate for you and he that immigration laws all over the world don’t agree with you. Honesty and integrity are very important values to have and display when you want things to work out for you in officialdom.

• Advertisement

^Straight to the leper colony.

Yes I agree. Racists like yourself who think that white Irish people are superior to foreign black people and should be exempt from immigration laws for that very reason should be packed off to a leper colony.

You keep making excuses for people unable to see past their noses. He screwed up, lied, overstayed his visa and has been rejected several times for regularisation.

For these awful crimes, he should be separated from his wife and kids, and locked up in jail pending deportation.

Yes I agree. Racists like yourself who think that white Irish people are superior to foreign black people and should be exempt from immigration laws for that very reason should be packed off to a leper colony.

How am I racist? I’d make the same argument if he was Mexican, Nigerian, Chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

For these awful crimes, he should be separated from his wife and kids, and locked up in jail pending deportation.
    You seem paralysed by the "non-crime" element of it. The law is there and this has been coming as that law stands even if he imagined it would never happen. You deal with it and work out what next to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If only there were alternate options available to people illegally working and living in a foreign country.

If only there were alternate options available to people illegally working and living in a foreign country.

Yeah, but those options won’t help resolve this situation. Do you honestly, genuinely believe that a man should be separated from his wife and kids, locked up and deported over this? Like come on, what kind of asshole is so precious about the rules that they want that to happen to a husband and father??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

I have assume you are a member of a political party or do real people use phrases about low hanging fruit?
    I will go as to say your are PBP of some other open border crowd. HeHe happily broke the law even before hehe got on the plane for The US and compounded it when he overstayed. Now he wants sympathy, we have enough of his type herd already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

It does show up an attitude that expects no consequences, believing that you can not take responsibility for your own situation and expect to get away with it.

Ridiculous to think the USA can take anyone who decides they want to come without going through the proper channels, the population would explode even further. Even more stupid is the idea that people who are caught breaking the rules should be allowed to stay, effectively saying they should receive preferential treatment to those who obey them!

There's a really strong herd mentality around immigration issues these days, good to see a thread like this, with far more sensible views advanced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Yeah, but those options won’t help resolve this situation. Do you honestly, genuinely believe that a man should be separated from his wife and kids, locked up and deported over this? Like come on, what kind of asshole is so precious about the rules that they want that to happen to a husband and father??

He should have thought of all that before he did what he did - no personal responsibility and now goes whinging about the 'unfairness' of it all.

I'm familiar with the type - we have a lot of them in Ireland, looks like we'll be getting another one back before too long.

A new lawyer / solicitor in the USA would have advised him of this eventuality when he tried to get regularised. This is 100 pct down to his own actions.

Let me give you a similar legal scenario. Boy A gets released from prison, decides to apply for an ESTA excluding pertinent details. Travels to US, overstays and starts a family. Is found out and gets arrested for deportation. Should Boy A be allowed to stay? Like f*** he should.

He should have thought of all that before he did what he did - no personal responsibility and now goes whinging about the 'unfairness' of it all.

I'm familiar with the type - we have a lot of them in Ireland, looks like we'll be getting another one back before too long.

He works and provides for his wife and kids, and for a stepchild, but he has “no personal responsibility”, ok.

So, you think the proportionate response to this is to break up the family, leaving a mother and her kids without her husband, and packing him off somewhere where he’ll have no job. Isn’t the law supposed to produce good and just outcomes? But nobody could consider that outcome good and just.

• Advertisement

A new lawyer / solicitor in the USA would have advised him of this eventuality when he tried to get regularised. This is 100 pct down to his own actions.

Let me give you a similar legal scenario. Boy A gets released from prison, decides to apply for an ESTA excluding pertinent details. Travels to US, overstays and starts a family. Is found out and gets arrested for deportation. Should Boy A be allowed to stay? Like f*** he should.

Why in the name of f*** would we need a hypothetical scenario when we are discussing an actual one??? Mind-numbingly dumb post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Guy could have come back from the US during the recession and sat on the dole. Instead he sets up his own business, gets married, taking on his partner’s child from a previous relationship, starts a family. Can’t regularize his status because of some minor drug conviction. The reaction on boards? A bunch of self-righteous assholes going “waa-waa, he broke the law!!! Deport him!!!” I think Ireland should be allowed deport you lot to a leper colony.

Guess you’ll take all the illegals into your house then don’t you.
    Talk about self righteous.

Guess you’ll take all the illegals into your house then don’t you.
    Talk about self righteous.

Guy works and provides for his family. The only scenario in which anyone will need to take him in is if he’s packed off back to Ireland

There’s almost a touch of racism going on albeit subconsciously.
    Apparently Irish people are superior to other illlegal immigrants, possibly because their mostly white and Christian, and should not be subject to the immigration laws, whereas other races are fair game.

Was waiting for someone to talk about racism. Took you long enough.
    Take a boat trip mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

I believe it's the right thing to do. Breaking the law should have punishments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This has been happening en masse and in much much worse conditions since Trump came to power.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This has been happening en masse and in much much worse conditions since Trump came to power.

The Reagan era of neoliberal economics is coming to an end.

Cop onto yourself. Obama sent more illegals home. Just because he’s black nothing was mentioned.
    Trump is probably one of the best things to happen to America since Clinton.
    You need to read actual facts instead of fake news and spending all day reading the daily mail and worldstar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,232 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You keep making excuses for people unable to see past their noses. He screwed up, lied, overstayed his visa and has been rejected several times for regularisation. He clearly gambled on them not applying the law ever. As I said make a contingency plan. To keep butting their heads head with an immovable force is not a plan.

That's all a bit silly.

There is a process in the US to regularize your situation. He would likely have qualified had it not been for these "minor" drugs incidents they referred to. I don't know how minor they are but other than that, he would likely have been fine and well on his way to owning a US passport.

I don't read it as your man looking for extra extra special treatment. But sure he probably knows dozens of people himself who were in the same boat (sans historical drugs issues) and got regularized.

Well all the libtards cant get over them self’s on this.

He’s coming back to Ireland and there’s nothing you can do. The ramifications of him of him not are too great and will allow a loophole for too many others.

He had ways of coming in, even with his prior conviction. He chose not too. Now he’ll meet the inevitable consequences of his actions.

The liberal approach of ‘he has a family’ won’t cut it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭seasidedub

Can I just add that I recently paid a painter 970e to paint the outside of the house which was done over the course of a week, couple of hours in the evening as the painter is so busy and has a waiting list.

I imagine if the man in question comes back, he'll be ok for work......

Well all the libtards cant get over them self’s on this.

He’s coming back to Ireland and there’s nothing you can do. The ramifications of him of him not are too great and will allow a loophole for too many others.

He had ways of coming in, even with his prior conviction. He chose not too. Now he’ll meet the inevitable consequences of his actions.

The liberal approach of ‘he has a family’ won’t cut it.

Wonder would they say the same about a lad who was caught with coke because he was offered a ton of money to deliver it but he had a family to support

The libs would be the first to say he should be hung especially if he was a white Irishman.
    Libs have ruined this world. They’ve done nothing progressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Libtards… Jesus Christ.. really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm starting to believe anyone using term libtard has an IQ comparable to their shoe size. The UK one not the European one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Cop onto yourself. Obama sent more illegals home. Just because he’s black nothing was mentioned.
    You need to read actual facts instead of fake news and spending all day reading the daily mail and worldstar

Obama's policy was to concentrate on new arrivals, criminals and turning away people on the border. Trump lacks that kind of sophistication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I wouldn't worry about the vocabulary of someone who then goes on to write "them self's".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

He's getting what he deserves for believing that US laws didn't apply to him. Welcome home Keith.

I’ll make it worse for you.

Here are facts you won’t like but I’ll state them anyways.

1. I’m US born and bred.
    2. I came to Ireland to live and work - LEGALLY
    3. I applied for citizenship - LEGALLY
    4. I lived in Ireland and committed NO CRIMES
    5. I paid all dues and was granted citizenship by the letter of the law.

He has failed 2-5. I have no sympathy. Furthermore it’s people like him that are causing legitimate immigrants from entering the USA.

So I have no sympathy at all and he is hurting others by his actions.

But the liberals can’t pull their heads out of their arses to see night from day.

Wonder would they say the same about a lad who was caught with coke because he was offered a ton of money to deliver it but he had a family to support

The libs would be the first to say he should be hung especially if he was a white Irishman.
    Libs have ruined this world. They’ve done nothing progressive.

But he is a white Irishman? What are you talking about.

• Advertisement

Not a case of "copping on"; it's a case of making the point: this is not new. Illegal aliens have been deported under all presidents, but the brutality of it was escalated under Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,277 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He's married to an American there a few ways he could have gotten a green card, he didn't even begin the process despite being in the country for over a decade. I'm in favor of immigration but it has to be regulated and controlled via laws. We can't ignore the laws just because the guy has a family. There is a naturalisation process that he could have used to legalize his status, he chose not to do that and that's his fault not the systems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well all the libtards cant get over them self’s on this

Quit the immflamtory comments. It adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

dudara

I’ll make it worse for you.

Here are facts you won’t like but I’ll state them anyways.

1. I’m US born and bred.
    2. I came to Ireland to live and work - LEGALLY
    3. I applied for citizenship - LEGALLY
    4. I lived in Ireland and committed NO CRIMES
    5. I paid all dues and was granted citizenship by the letter of the law.

He has failed 2-5. I have no sympathy. Furthermore it’s people like him that are causing legitimate immigrants from entering the USA.

So I have no sympathy at all and he is hurting others by his actions.

But the liberals can’t pull their heads out of their arses to see night from day.

Make it worse for me? I have no sympathy for him either. I haven't throughout the thread.

What liberals? There is one person who has stood up for him?

Not a case of "copping on"; it's a case of making the point: this is not new. Illegal aliens have been deported under all presidents, but the brutality of it was escalated under Trump.

Brutality.
    No it’s because it’s in the lime light. It was always brutal. No matter what.
    Blaming a president because you don’t like how honest he is is just sad. Secondly it has sweet fück all to do with any of you. He’s not our president.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Techlit

is it true you can stay in california for as long as you like?

• Advertisement

Libtards are generally referred to the really idiotic liberals. Which is a high percentage of them.
    No different than calling someone that’s right wing a redneck. Difference is most of us right wing don’t care about a libs opinion.

Brutality.
    No it’s because it’s in the lime light. It was always brutal. No matter what.
    Blaming a president because you don’t like how honest he is is just sad. Secondly it has sweet fück all to do with any of you. He’s not our president.

I'm not blaming him for anything. I simply said it was happening. It's been happening.

Again, my point is that Deportaion. Is. Not. New.

As for "brutality", I don't remember any previous president - democrat or republican - authorising separating children from parents and locking them in cages.

Libtards are generally referred to the really idiotic liberals. Which is a high percentage of them.
    No different than calling someone that’s right wing a redneck. Difference is most of us right wing don’t care about a libs opinion.
    Or the meaning of words apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

A go fund me page has been set up for him.really?i lost my phone last night while out of my mind drunk, i think ill set up a go fund me page as well.

Brilliant!! I drank the electric bill money last night if there's an overun can you give me a dig out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

meeeeh wrote: »
    Obama's policy was to concentrate on new arrivals, criminals and turning away people on the border. Trump lacks that kind of sophistication.

Yes, nothing happening at the border with Mexico. The man in the article is a criminal, so he would have been suitable for deportation under Obama strategy also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement