Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

Perhaps it moved north towards Drogheda. Lashing here now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Consistent rain all day here, from before 8am
    Petering off to a drizzle over the last while.

Temps sticking at 14c and won't go down below that at night for the next few days. More like 17C during the night.

Humidity at 100pc

This is going to be a warm sticky week, not the pleasant dryness of last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It will be warmer with each day from tomorrow. We might sneak 23c tomorrow somewhere inland that avoid hit and miss storms - most likely inland southern parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thursday and Friday looking lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It’s currently freezing pouring rain and totally overcast.

Where’s this heat bomb and lightning storm exactly?

hyperbole much.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

all is quiet and deeply silent and calm out there .. we shall see what the new day brings.. thankfully the ocean disperses the humidity a little..

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Just walked into work in cork city. Ground still wet from yesterday, maybe there was a shower during the night. The sky is all cloud. Very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Overcast but calm and fresh in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Going by the latest forecasts, we are in for a week of warm and mainly sunny weather. Very pleasant but nothing anywhere near the high temperatures that some speculated about yesterday. The violent storms are not going to happen either. Enjoy the week everyone as it may be the best week of weather this summer. I predict the highest temperature this week will be 26°C, from Mt. Dillon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Going by the latest forecasts, we are in for a week of warm and mainly sunny weather. Very pleasant but nothing anywhere near the high temperatures that some speculated about yesterday. The violent storms are not going to happen either. Enjoy the week everyone as it may be the best week of weather this summer. I predict the highest temperature this week will be 26°C, from Mt. Dillon.

it wasnt speculation,it was stated in the forecast,if people did speculate it was probably based on the forecasted temperatures,similar probably to how youve made your highest temperature predication i.e by reading the met eireann forecast this morning.There will be localised thunderstorm activity this week and nobody was forecasting violent thunderstorms where ever you got that notion.

Expect the temperatures to go higher than 26 locally anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A warm balmy morning in south Laois with good sunny spells. Already close to 19c with a dewpoint of 15.6c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Payter

Estofex have a level 1 warning now for Ireland valid from now till tomorrow morning for spout like tornadoes.

The cloud has been building here in Thurles. Starting to look very thundery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sun has come out in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Remember this from Kerry back in 2012? (and no Healy-Rae jokes, please ;) )

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/the-hum-leaves-village-ears-ringing-185609.html

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Comhra wrote: »
    Remember this from Kerry back in 2012? (and no Healy-Rae jokes, please ;) )

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/the-hum-leaves-village-ears-ringing-185609.html

That'll be the Beaufort Scale....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Anybody that has Spotify or a decent record collection play the Beatles, Here Comes The Sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Currently cloudy ,17c with 90% humidity at my weather station in Arklow
    Flat calm
    Dew point is a whopping 16c

Somebody somewhere is going to be getting sparks later with those dewpoints
    Unlikely here on the coast though today as a sea breeze courtesy of inland heat will happen
    Wouldn't rule out storms affecting the coastal east today if what builds inland is big enough
    They have a habit of mushrooming beyond their seeding ground

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still cold in Sligo

14c and misty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭pad199207

Definitely feel the air this morning. Dp of 17c in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny here in Cork City this morning after yesterday’s washout! Opened the door and the air feels different, heavier and warner

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

19.1C now near Tralee, balmy and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

It was a question not a statement dammit :)

I do love the unnatural ever moody Irish weather. Sorta describes us.

Was in Corsica a few years back and met an elderly farmer in the middle of nowhere. Asked where we were from and told him - Ireland. He said - ah the Irish - a touchy people! I like them!

That from a Corsican was indeed a compliment! Interestingly the year I was there was when extremly high temperatures were being blamed for raging wild fires across the Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Anybody that has Spotify or a decent record collection play the Beatles, Here Comes The Sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

12.8C and wet in Castlebar, humidity is at 95%.

I hear its lashing on the M50 near Tallaght
    Radar shows s shower built quickly near kippure
    Sunny here in Arklow and feeling a lot warmer
    Not a puff of wind yet
    Currently 18c

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The showers are starting here in Kilkenny, some big drops of rain falling, nothing heavy yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sun breaking through the clouds in Waterford City. Looks like some shower activity to our North though.Feeling very humid. Temp 18.1c Humidity 90%

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Chucking down in the IFSC

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Absolutely lashing here at the Grand Canal Basin. Heaviest rain ive seen so far

• Advertisement

Sunny and warm in Arklow
    Sea breeze has got up

Can see the convergence CB's building inland
    Too hazy for the phone to pick out but I'll try attach a shot

Advertisement