Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The uppers are starting to upgrade for Thursday and Friday with both gfs and ukmo giving us a direct hit!!
    Increasingly though a cool down looks to be firmed up for Saturday.
    Overall from what was showing two days ago it's nothing special at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

yep just average irish summers conditions....christ.

Friday: It looks set to turn exceptionally warm by Friday with
    spells of sunshine and just the odd thunderstorm.
    Very warm or hot with maximum temperatures of 24 to 28 degrees widely
    but a few degrees less warm in coastal areas of the north and east in moderate east winds.
    Temperatures only falling marginally overnight with minimum temperatures of 15 to 19 degrees,
    staying very humid.

met.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

All rainfall warnings have now expired, although it is now lashing again in Kildare.

I must stress that this scenario has been extremely difficult to forecast so all these silly comments of Met Eireann getting it wrong are ridiculous.

Personally I’m still not ruling out some lightning up along the SE and E coast later on tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Just had a very heavy burst of rain. Looking forward to some sunny days Wednesday onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

pad199207 wrote: »
    All rainfall warnings have now expired, although it is now lashing again in Kildare.

I must stress that this scenario has been extremely difficult to forecast so all these silly comments of Met Eireann getting it wrong are ridiculous.

Personally I’m still not ruling out some lightning up along the SE and E coast later on tonight.

Funny as the warning for Leinster was not to come into force till 18:00 hours 🀔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The rainfall warning for Leinster is cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

yep just average irish summers conditions....christ.

Friday: It looks set to turn exceptionally warm by Friday with
    spells of sunshine and just the odd thunderstorm.
    Very warm or hot with maximum temperatures of 24 to 28 degrees widely
    but a few degrees less warm in coastal areas of the north and east in moderate east winds.
    Temperatures only falling marginally overnight with minimum temperatures of 15 to 19 degrees,
    staying very humid.

met.ie

Actually I find high humidity to be quite normal for the west from about the middle of spring till the start of autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quite a downpour near Dublin Airport at the moment and an impressive rainfall rate!

Hmmmm

1-E7-A844-E-2-C79-40-BB-8-C1-D-ADBCCC15-C83-A.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Bsal

Heavy rain now in Swords

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Hammering down in Donabate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Xenji wrote: »
    Actually I find high humidity to be quite normal for the west from about the middle of spring till the start of autumn.

very rarely in conjuction with high temperatures,
    usually with cool temperatures = damp.

generally cool,damp,overcast, - normal
    this week warm/hot,humid - abnormal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Fekkin hell. The rain is horizontal here. Bloody grass will grow like the flipping Triffids now.

But it is not cold, it looks cold though, and a bit dark and gloomy.

Better days ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

pad199207 wrote: »
    Hmmmm

1-E7-A844-E-2-C79-40-BB-8-C1-D-ADBCCC15-C83-A.png

I’d to google that!!

Disappointing it hasn't sparked yet in the southeast. Still time up until around 1 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Does anyone else feel the electric storms on the back of their head ?

I do and it's weird, but it's always correct. Nothing happening now though so at ease!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Spanish eyes, my head has been pounding since about 5 this morning. Now has eased. Definitely thunderstorm headache wierd feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Ironic the warning got cancelled as a deluge hit those leaving Croke Park.

They must be pretty confident if they removed the warning. Bullish forecasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Some heavy pulses developing down around New Ross, Wexford County.

Some serious storm activity expected in over southeast England tomorrow night...big imports from France. Disruption highly likely over there.

Home grown storms here inland tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will be sharp if you get caught out! Not expecting much on the east coast due to on shore wind but most other places have a good chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Subtle shifts this evening in the plume taking a direct hit with Ireland. ECM also goes for it. Breeze is also much stronger now for Thursday so what it means in weather terms I'm not sure. Thursday night looks tropical.
    Hay fever sufferers take cover as pollen will rocket!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Some serious storm activity expected in over southeast England tomorrow night...big imports from France. Disruption highly likely over there.

Home grown storms here inland tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will be sharp if you get caught out! Not expecting much on the east coast due to on shore wind but most other places have a good chance.

As usual we will probably miss out on thunderstorms yet again in Meath! Our thunder and lightning shield has been operating at full strength since 1985 and never fails!

Just had a huge downpour of rain for the past hour, back to drizzle now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Heavier rain in Arklow again at the moment
    Humidity has rose a good bit
    85%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

27mm on the button in exactly 12 hours. Humidity 85%, pressure at 1010 and dropping very slowly.
    S. Wexford.
    Just stopped raining. Radar looks clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Heavy rain in West Dublin has cleared. No thunder and lightning. Cool also. Interesting to see if any of this exciting weather materialises this week. I am pessimistic.

Heavy Rain in Kildare again. 9mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Roen wrote: »
    27mm on the button in exactly 12 hours. Humidity 85%, pressure at 1010 and dropping very slowly.
    S. Wexford.
    Just stopped raining. Radar looks clear.

Dry most of the day up here in Arklow until about 4,so not the colour of that
    Lashing now and on the attached radar the brighter colours off the coast are drifting right in over here now in a train heading NW off the sea
    This train could last a while here
    Current rain rate 9.4mm/hr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

It’s currently freezing pouring rain and totally overcast.

Where’s this heat bomb and lightning storm exactly?

• Advertisement

Great skies in Kildare

3919-EE62-6554-42-B4-8-CCD-6-AC1975-E2-C21.jpg

Advertisement