Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm or hot with thunderstorm potential Sun eve 23rd---->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Charts are a mess and backing away from high temperatures.

You've made this claim several times now, can you back it up?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM 0Z showing up to mid 20's Weds , up to high 20s Thurs and Fri , even higher than previous run for Fri , possibly up around mid 20's for Sat.

The way the charts have been trending it is of interest to me if we might hit 30C Thurs or Fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

ECM 0Z showing up to mid 20's Weds , up to high 20s Thurs and Fri , even higher than previous run for Fri , possibly up around mid 20's for Sat.

The way the charts have been trending it is of interest to me if we might hit 30C Thurs or Fri.

But but but the “lads on the uk weather forum “ say no !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Wednesday

GIlKOVm.png

ENoMdBO.png

Thursday

7dfufZb.png

EfANHW8.png

Friday

F9Xq4q3.png

zSaBFGm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Is this more fake news from ME? Another pointless warning ?

• Advertisement

What's the warning for?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

From YOU ?
    Or did you mean Met Eireann?
    I ask because Met Eireann have a rainfall warning for today. But no temperature warning

They are all out already
    Must be the heat ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lexi-lexi

I've a bunch of kids meant to be having a garden birthday party and a camp out next Saturday night just outside Gorey co Wexford- am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lexi-lexi wrote: »
    I've a bunch of kids meant to be having a garden birthday party and a camp out next Saturday night just outside Gorey co Wexford- am I mad?

Weather is supposed to be ok next weekend going by ukmo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

lexi-lexi wrote: »

Think you will have to wait and see, could be a glorious balmy evening for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Surprised the West has no warning for rain it's been non stop since 11pm last night and still raining, looking at the radar the heaviest rain is in the South and the West

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Surprised the West has no warning for rain it's been non stop since 11pm last night and still raining, looking at the radar the heaviest rain is in the South and the West
    Very little in South Laois. 1mm so far. Radar makes it look worse than it is.
    Hard to see the 25mm to 40mm predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Absolutely lashing here in Cork City, non stop since about 7/8am. Big drops too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Absolutely lashing here in Cork City, non stop since about 7/8am. Big drops too.

It arrived up here in west mayo.. wish I hadn;t looked at the met ie rainfall map!

https://www.met.ie/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

raining now in Meath, was dry up to a few minutes ago.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just watched the farming forecast on RTE and Met Eireann now saying 27 and 28C possible across the mid west on Thursday and Friday. There could also be decent sunny spells from Wednesday with less in the way of rain or showers, but showers getting going again by Friday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Gonzo wrote: »
    just watched the farming forecast on RTE and Met Eireann now saying 27 and 28C possible across the mid west on Thursday and Friday. There could also be decent sunny spells from Wednesday with less in the way of rain or showers, but showers getting going again by Friday.

Met. Ie are not able to forecast 5 days in advance constantly getting it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Not expecting much today here, maybe a heavier burst of rain in the evening. I'd say some places in Ireland should get a level 1 estofex warning for thunderstorms over the next few days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Light to Moderate rain in Waterford City since early this morning. Never has it go anyway Heavy but total so far 14.2mm

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Light to Moderate rain in Waterford City since early this morning. Never has it go anyway Heavy but total so far 14.2mm

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

Nothing in Arklow yet
    Bone dry,a nice day in fact
    Seems East Wicklow is one of the sweet spots for having a decent Sunday so far
    Look at how narrow the escape is on the radar though

• Advertisement

rain getting fairly heavy now in Meath and feeling cool at only 14C.

Today really marks the end of a generally prolonged cool spell which began on 24th of April and was briefly interrupted from 29th of May to 1st of June with milder temperatures, then back very cool again from June 3rd.

I am certainly looking forward to the warmer air which kicks in from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

rain getting fairly heavy now in Meath and feeling cool at only 14C.

Today really marks the end of a generally prolonged cool spell which began on 24th of April and was briefly interrupted from 29th of May to 1st of June with milder temperatures, then back very cool again from June 3rd.

I am certainly looking forward to the warmer air which kicks in from tomorrow.

We live in hopelessness ;)

Wet and cold in N Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

The weather warning for thundery rain for lenster doesn't even kick in till 6 o clock this evening.
    Maybe some posters should read the earnings properly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dublin airport TAF has a mention of thunderstorms between 11pm and 3am albeit a small chance.

Dublin airport TAF has a mention of thunderstorms between 11pm and 3am albeit a small chance.

It's between Midnight and 4am, and is a under 30% prob (30% probability)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's between Midnight and 4am, and is a under 30% prob (30% probability)

I generally find with those,if it’s mentioned at all,it usually happens regardless of probability in some shape or form

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I generally find with those,if it’s mentioned at all,it usually happens regardless of probability in some shape or form

I disagree, in my experience I often see 'TS' mentioned and none arrives. More often than not!

This weeks rain risk seems to be getting downgraded alot, BBC now going for dry and sunny conditions in Dublin from Wednesday lasting up to Sunday or Monday with temperatures up to 23C and 26C further west. This will aid increased temperatures.

Met Eireann's forecasts looking a bit dryer as well. The ensemble runs look a bit dryer too, compared to what I was looking at yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭pad199207

That ain’t a half bad forecast from Met Eireann on their website

www.met.ie

Rainfall warning for Cork and waterford now gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

This weeks rain risk seems to be getting downgraded alot, BBC now going for dry and sunny conditions in Dublin from Wednesday lasting up to Sunday or Monday with temperatures up to 23C and 26C further west. This will aid increased temperatures.

Met Eireann's forecasts looking a bit dryer as well. The ensemble runs look a bit dryer too, compared to what I was looking at yesterday.

Noticed that , even tonight its changed to a mostly dry night apart from an odd shower.

Advertisement