Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pixel 3 thread, featuring 'The Notch'

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So my original Nov 5 delivery, pulled forward to Oct 30, pushed back to Nov 15, has been restored to Nov 6... jfc Google store.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Edgeu11

Is anyone else finding next to impossible to upgrade to the Pixel 3XL as an existing customer? When I try online, I'm told that the system does not facilitate upgrades at the moment and that I have to call Vodafone on 1907, when I call I'm told that I have to visit a store and when I visit a store I'm told that they don't have the necessary access to facilitate the purchase and that I have to upgrade online. I've gotten that answer from two different stores today.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

So got my 3xl and stand from Google store today coming from a Nexus 6p I'm very impressed apart from the speaker quality everyone is talking about..

From the reports I'm reading even after returning and getting new units the same problem persists, so anyone who is eager to get there units you might want to sit back for a bit to see how this issue pans out first, hopefully it's just a software fix but who knows at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭micks_address

JKGT wrote: »
    So got my 3xl and stand from Google store today coming from a Nexus 6p I'm very impressed apart from the speaker quality everyone is talking about..

From the reports I'm reading even after returning and getting new units the same problem persists, so anyone who is eager to get there units you might want to sit back for a bit to see how this issue pans out first, hopefully it's just a software fix but who knows at this stage.

Speaker vibration? Doesn't bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Edgeu11 wrote: »
    Is anyone else finding next to impossible to upgrade to the Pixel 3XL as an existing customer? When I try online, I'm told that the system does not facilitate upgrades at the moment and that I have to call Vodafone on 1907, when I call I'm told that I have to visit a store and when I visit a store I'm told that they don't have the necessary access to facilitate the purchase and that I have to upgrade online. I've gotten that answer from two different stores today.

Why don't you wait until tomorrow to go into a Vodafone store to upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭notcarlos

JKGT wrote: »

People are saying speaker issue disappears after awhile. Happens when I buy new JBL speaker, you have to use it a couple of times before speaker drivers kinda ‘break in’ and will start to sound properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Edgeu11

AngryLips wrote: »
    Why don't you wait until tomorrow to go into a Vodafone store to upgrade?

Have you heard that they will be in store tomorrow? If so, that's what I'll do. Nobody in the Liffey Valley or Blanchardstown Vodafone stores could tell me when they'd be available for purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

In clonmel today they said anything except the black would be 2-3 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Did Vodafone pre-orders turn up? I'm over in the States at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Cheers, yeah I've read that alright, I'm not giving up on it yet will see how it gets on. Hopefully it gets sorted ASAP
    notcarlos wrote: »
    People are saying speaker issue disappears after awhile. Happens when I buy new JBL speaker, you have to use it a couple of times before speaker drivers kinda ‘break in’ and will start to sound properly.

• Advertisement

Edgeu11 wrote: »
    Have you heard that they will be in store tomorrow? If so, that's what I'll do. Nobody in the Liffey Valley or Blanchardstown Vodafone stores could tell me when they'd be available for purchase.

Yes they should be available to buy in store from today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone else get theirs from Vodafone today? Is it unlocked? Might not keep it otherwise as have a Note 9 and might change to Mate 20 instead of Pixel

Anyone ??

I cant be the only one who bought a 64GB black and who got it delivered. Really need to know if unlocked before opening.

Would like to know this too (moreso branding and crap rather than locked) now that I know you can't remove it from the packaging and still use the 14 day cooling off.

dan786 wrote: »
    Anyone ??

I cant be the only one who bought a 64GB black and who got it delivered. Really need to know if unlocked before opening.

Hi Dan, I’d say you can go ahead and open it. If you ordered online with Vodafone, there is this 14 day cooling off period where you can return the phone before the 14 day is over, no questions. I am sure it makes no difference if it is openned or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Patww79 wrote: »
    Would like to know this too (moreso branding and crap rather than locked) now that I know you can't remove it from the packaging and still use the 14 day cooling off.

Are you sure? I returned a phone to three under the 14 day cooling off period and i had used it for 3 days...took me over a month to get the refund but that's more of a three issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pacifico wrote: »
    Are you sure? I returned a phone to three under the 14 day cooling off period and i had used it for 3 days...took me over a month to get the refund but that's more of a three issue!

Vodafone refused me returning an opened phone 2 hour's after buying, tread carefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Fieldog wrote: »
    Vodafone refused me returning an opened phone 2 hour's after buying, tread carefully...

Bought online?

Fieldog wrote: »

14 off cooling period does not apply to in store purchases but online. It says in there terms that any phone bought online is subject to 14 days cooling off period no questions asked returns

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Just bought by Pixel 3 in Liffey Valley (64GB Black not XL). I just walked in, no pre-order.

No vodafone branding on the handset.

And I got 100 euro knocked off the price for changing network.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

PDiddy87 wrote: »
    Just bought by Pixel 3 in Liffey Valley (64GB Black not XL). I just walked in, no pre-order.

Well thats great to hear! And you got it for even cheaper then they sell it already? Wow.

Hows your screen etc? Regular pixel 3's seem to be having issues with the LG displays again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

Still setting up - I'll post back later and let ye know!

Is that true? Is it PayG? If that is the case I might try to cancel my preorder and get one for 100 euro off. How much did you pay in the end. Can you test if it is unlocked to other networks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Any Vodafone apps installed by default at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Was this Prepay?

Also can you check if its unlocked? Also was it resealed by VF , with a sticker on the side of box saying Black?

Billpay only porting discount

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭theintern

Can anyone tap the build number a few times under "About Phone" and see can OEM Unlocking be toggled on the Vodafone version under "Developer Options"? If so it means they haven't locked the bootloader.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭joedumper

PDiddy87
    as mentioned,  could you please go into 
    1. Settings
    2. About Phone
    3. Down at the bottom,  you'll find Build Number
    4. Tap this repeatedly until it tells you that you've become a developer (you'll have to enter your pin to approve)
    5. Then go back to settings and go into the new menu,  "Developer Options"
    6. See if you are allowed to enable "OEM unlocking"  (again, needs pin approval)
    If it works,  it means the phones are as they left Google :)
    If it doesn't, it means Vodafone have gotten their dirty mitts into the software :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

joedumper wrote: »
    PDiddy87
    as mentioned,  could you please go into 
    1. Settings
    2. About Phone
    3. Down at the bottom,  you'll find Build Number
    4. Tap this repeatedly until it tells you that you've become a developer (you'll have to enter your pin to approve)
    5. Then go back to settings and go into the new menu,  "Developer Options"
    6. See if you are allowed to enable "OEM unlocking"  (again, needs pin approval)
    If it works,  it means the phones are as they left Google :)
    If it doesn't, it means Vodafone have gotten their dirty mitts into the software :(

Yup, worked on mine (64gb pixel 3 bought yesterday in Vodafone liffey valley)

Yup, worked on mine (64gb pixel 3 bought yesterday in Vodafone liffey valley)

Is there a Vodafone logo on the back or a splash screen on startup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is there a Vodafone logo on the back or a splash screen on startup?

Or any Vodafone apps installed by default?

Advertisement