Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

Hi I have the edison mini box with dreambox Ireland it has being down the last 2 days the support numbers are off. Does anyone know if there gone? There not illegal so I dont see why. Also is there a way of tuning in stations on the box have nothing at the moment.

Mods if you deem this to be illegal discussion please remove and my sincere apologies as I not great with these things but am told there not illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I'm guessing you were paying a sub to get paid for tv on this box.That can't be discussed here as that is illegal.
    The Edision box is perfectly legal to use for free to air/saorview etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭benny79

How is it illegal? as I was told its legal that's how they can have a website etc? anyway doesnt matter dont want to break any rules. Do you know how you get the free to air stations on it? As I have absolutely nothing at the moment..

benny79 wrote: »
    How is it illegal? as I was told its legal that's how they can have a website etc? anyway doesnt matter dont want to break any rules. Do you know how you get the free to air stations on it? As I have absolutely nothing at the moment..

If you are getting Sky/BT etc and not paying either company a monthly sub it's 100% illegal.
    Having a website doesn't make something legal ffs.

Connect the box to a dish,old sky one will do.
    Then you need to tune it in via the settings menu.5 minute job.
    Plenty of videos on YouTube to guide you but its very straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭BandMember

Hi I have the edison mini box with dreambox Ireland it has being down the last 2 days the support numbers are off. Does anyone know if there gone? There not illegal so I dont see why. Also is there a way of tuning in stations on the box have nothing at the moment.

Mods if you deem this to be illegal discussion please remove and my sincere apologies as I not great with these things but am told there not illegal.

That company are a well known bunch of chancers, spoofers and con artists who rip off people by selling crap dirt cheap devices that they import in bulk (Chinese clones) for vastly inflated prices with poor quality free software that they claim is their own.

They have been in trouble on various sales sites and social media pages in the past (I think they were even mentioned in this thread) as being a company to avoid at all costs.

As for the rest of your query, as yabadabado said, please don't ask about or discuss that here as it's not allowed and the thread will get shut down. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

BandMember wrote: »
    That company are a well known bunch of chancers, spoofers and con artists who rip off people by selling crap dirt cheap devices that they import in bulk (Chinese clones) for vastly inflated prices with poor quality free software that they claim is their own.

They have been in trouble on various sales sites and social media pages in the past (I think they were even mentioned in this thread) as being a company to avoid at all costs.

As for the rest of your query, as yabadabado said, please don't ask about or discuss that here as it's not allowed and the thread will get shut down. Thanks.

Totally agree. They are 100% illegally. I see them posting on FB all the time and gullible people falling for it. Going by the FB posts, they appear to flog a lot of boxes and illegal streams which they pass off as there own but are not. Avoid at all costs.

Have a mi box since launch. Great quality. Runs Plex brilliantly. WiFi excellent. For those who want ethernet you can buy a usb ethernet adapter on AliExpress.
    Not sure about airmouse, I use a Logitech Harmony remote on mine. Also use a Logitech k300 (I think) keyboard, about 20 quid on Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

I can't get my Microsoft wedge keyboard to pair with the h96 pro+

Nothing happens when I type the pair code and hit enter,it's working on my phone

What could the problem be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

The content they were providing you was illegal therefore you have no comeback if they do a runner, and thats what they have done.

They have left hundreds of people high and dry and their service wasnt cheap either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Not a fan of nvidia shield update to the layout, found it more difficult to turn the thing off.

• Advertisement

Ok this may sound stupid but:

I understand that Oreo is an operating system.

But what is Android TV classed as. Is it also an operating system that runs over Oreo or is it classed as an app.

Or is it something else all together.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

iba wrote: »
    Ok this may sound stupid but:

I understand that Oreo is an operating system.

But what is Android TV classed as. Is it also an operating system that runs over Oreo or is it classed as an app.

Or is it something else all together.

Thanks

I'm using android boxes for years ,

I still don't know what android tv is

Android TV is a version of Android o/s built for media players.Boxs that don't have the license for ATV use a version of android thats built for phones/tablets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

JamboMac wrote: »
    Not a fan of nvidia shield update to the layout, found it more difficult to turn the thing off.

had a look on youtube and i didnt like it either - prefer the android 7 on my m8s

Read this on the Nvidia Shield threads:

"FYI Oreo update may affect keyboard bluetooth pairing. If you are unable to pair your keyboard you must switch your language to US English. Support said they'll fix next release"

Of course, it doesn't work on the Mi Box though. Can't recommend strongly enough that people spend a couple of extra avoid these boxes!! Mine's going in the bin once it's replacement arrives...

We get it you hate the Mi Box and have had a bad experience but the response on here is the majority are happy with it.

Why woulda fix on a Shield be expected to work on Mi Box?

It's a 50 quid box so can't be expected to compete with boxs several times more expensive. What would you class as a couple of extra quid ?

For me it's the best box at that price,I'd happily recommend it to anyone who is looking in that price range.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why woulda fix on a Shield be expected to work on Mi Box?

I read it as a problem with Oreo, which can be sorted on the Shield but not on the Mi Box - if you get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

"FYI Oreo update may affect keyboard bluetooth pairing. If you are unable to pair your keyboard you must switch your language to US English. Support said they'll fix next release"

Of course, it doesn't work on the Mi Box though. Can't recommend strongly enough that people spend a couple of extra avoid these boxes!! Mine's going in the bin once it's replacement arrives...

The shield is a bit more than a couple of extra! X3 more like, or double the price for the Minix U9-H which are the only 2 boxes you will recommend.

While you are obviously entitled to your opinion you are very much in the minority with criticism of the mi box. It is widely considered to be the best box in its price range (and above). Xiaomi are well know for producing high quality electronics at very low prices.

Just for balance to your comments I know of 3 people who have the box and would highly recommend it.

I read it as a problem with Oreo, which can be sorted on the Shield but not on the Mi Box - if you get me?

Maybe so thought it was a Nvidia fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

How can anyone hate an android box that much ;)

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    How can anyone hate an android box that much ;)

:pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I'll have it if your throwing it out!!!
    My T95x is stuck in a boot loop. Reset button won't get me into boot screen.
    Any other recommendations. 50-60 spend??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Mulk wrote: »
    I'll have it if your throwing it out!!!
    My T95x is stuck in a boot loop. Reset button won't get me into boot screen.
    Any other recommendations. 50-60 spend??

Connect to PC and flash it.

The Mi Box is €50-€60 and is on sale most places at the minute.
    This is fairly decent - https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Nexbox-A95X-Pro-2GB-16GB-S905W-TV-BOX-396064.html
    The Tanix TX2 I found great, but seems harder to get and going up in price. If you see it worth getting.

The Mi Box updates are expected to fix the known issues, with bluetooth controls etc. Other issues listed.
    The updates are expected to roll out in the coming weeks.

Suckit wrote: »
    Connect to PC and flash it.

The Mi Box is €50-€60 and is on sale most places at the minute.
    This is fairly decent - https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Nexbox-A95X-Pro-2GB-16GB-S905W-TV-BOX-396064.html
    The Tanix TX2 I found great, but seems harder to get and going up in price. If you see it worth getting.

The Mi Box updates are expected to fix the known issues, with bluetooth controls etc. Other issues listed.
    The updates are expected to roll out in the coming weeks.

Tried connecting it up. USB software doesn't seem to recognise the box. I think it was a clone I bought as they seem to have issues with the reset button.

Since your throwing your mi box in the bin, I'll save you waste disposal charges and take it from you free of charge.

The Mulk wrote: »
    Tried connecting it up. USB software doesn't seem to recognise the box. I think it was a clone I bought as they seem to have issues with the reset button.

Have you installed the drivers, and are you using the correct USB port?
    Also have you tried a different cable?

The first comment has firmware from 8 months ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3a55OrOOzE

Drivers - http://www.wechipbox.com/-ezp-24.html

http://androidpcreview.com/how-to-use-the-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-to-manually-update-firmware/

Edited.
    There is a guy on Adverts selling cables, but I can't remember who it is that I bought from. Next day delivery, I think it was €4 altogether.
    You could also get one from cables.ie

Suckit wrote: »
    Have you installed the drivers, and are you using the correct USB port?
    Also have you tried a different cable?

The first comment has firmware from 8 months ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3a55OrOOzE

Drivers - http://www.wechipbox.com/-ezp-24.html

http://androidpcreview.com/how-to-use-the-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-to-manually-update-firmware/

Edited.
    There is a guy on Adverts selling cables, but I can't remember who it is that I bought from. Next day delivery, I think it was €4 altogether.
    You could also get one from cables.ie

I'll try again, cheers. Was working perfect and then downloaded a load of updates and hasn't worked since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Looks like my X96 Mini is finished, no A to A cable and for the price of it probably be half the price of the box

Any suggestions to replace it?

As cheap as possible, dont want to order from china with wait times and customs, want one to play all codecs, then play some files over WIFI, mostly youtube etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

My trusty m8S box also seems to be giving me a bit of hassle lately....constantly buffering or dropping sources on the app that looks like an old tv.....thinking of a xiaomi box - where/what is the best to buy now? ....dont think i need a shield as i wont be playing games

• Advertisement

neacy69 wrote: »
    My trusty m8S box also seems to be giving me a bit of hassle lately....constantly buffering or dropping sources on the app that looks like an old tv.....thinking of a xiaomi box - where/what is the best to buy now? ....dont think i need a shield as i wont be playing games

They may be still on sale in a few other places. I didn't double check these to see EU shipping or check code.

https://www.joybuy.com/650789729.html

Code (may only work in Hong Kong store) TVBOXMI
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/-Official-International-Version--XIAOMI-Mi-Box-4K-H-265-Android-Box-371297.html

Advertisement