Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-04-2018, 14:10   #556
Ken L

Hi. I have 2 Ed Sheeran tickets for Cork on Friday 4th.

I am going to one of the gigs in Dublin. (had originally got the Cork one's and planned a weekend stay with someone, :-( but it didn't work out ).
I am looking to recoup what I paid for them.

They are physical tickets and I will provide a photocopy of my ID and card details (redacted number except for a few characters). I am based in Dublin but will be in Kildare on Thursday.
If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Ken
Advertisement
29-04-2018, 14:34   #557
hynesie08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olsky View Post
I think that is the most reasonable and rational explanation for why ye are allowing these ads. If that is not the case ye are being irresponsible.
The most rational explanation is that a message board which has no connection to Ticketmaster, and who have no involvement in the actual ticket exchange process, run by lads in their spare time, are in cahoots/secretly run by Ticketmaster.......... Rather than a few posts fell through the cracks??
(3) thanks from:
29-04-2018, 15:35   #558
Olsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hynesie08 View Post
a few posts fell through the cracks??
The requirement that purchaser of tickets goes to concert was put in place to dissuade the reselling of tickets. Toutless is a site whose function is the reselling of tickets. It is clear that if the stated restriction is enforced then most of those who buy tickets through Toutless will be redused entry.
So what they are doing is irresponsible. And it is not just a few. Most of the ticket ads that are up on Toutless are in breach of the stated restriction.

So yes the most obvious explanation is that Toutless has been told that the requirement that the ticket purchaser be present will not be enforced or else they are taking an educated guess that it will not be enforced
29-04-2018, 16:31   #559
Toast

Quote:
it is not just a few. Most of the ticket ads that are up on Toutless are in breach of the stated restriction.

So yes the most obvious explanation is that Toutless has been told that the requirement that the ticket purchaser be present will not be enforced or else they are taking an educated guess that it will not be enforced
I've removed 22 posts from the forum which I felt were beyond reasonable doubt to be breaching the rules. Most of these were quoting posts that were in breach of a rule rather than themselves being in breach of it. I count 90 left over across the active Sheeran topics. Some will also be quotes, or posts from me reminding people about the rules again but even with that in mind your claims that MOST of the posts were breaching a rule is provably false.

I've sent our moderators a message reminding them of the rules with regards this topic and to ensure they uphold it.

I've also added a FURTHER post to each of the active Sheeran topics making it clear what the rules are and that breaches will be removed.

I've done this within 4 hours of being made aware of the issue on a Sunday. You could have made this task easier by reporting the posts you had issue with. If you've future issues with particular posts please use this to bring them to our attention and they will be reviewed.

I suspect you've actually no interest in whether we're irresponsible or not and are simply making the claim to try goad me into admitting I am in some sort of shady cabal with Ticketmaster which obviously I can't because then they will activate the pain collar again but thanks for pointing out the posts that got past us.
Thanks from:
29-04-2018, 16:59   #560
Olsky

I commend you Sir. You have been very proactive and apologies for impuning your motives. I was to an extent playing devil's advocate and arguing for the sake of arguing which is part of the purpose of a discussion forum.

Your new post on the website is clear and well written. Although it seems given the information that is being given out by Ticketmaster agents that the id requirement has been abandoned the official position as stated on the Ticketmaster website is that it will be enforced and it seems sensible to go with this until official confirmation to the contrary.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-04-2018, 11:34   #561
aka accounts 2010

Cork Stage Times - 4th, 5th & 6th

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm
30-04-2018, 11:55   #562
Bif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka accounts 2010 View Post

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm
Thanks for that. Any idea what time the concert will finish at?
30-04-2018, 14:47   #563
aka accounts 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bif View Post
Thanks for that. Any idea what time the concert will finish at?
Curfew is 11pm but would expect a finish between 10.30pm and 10.45pm.
Thanks from:
30-04-2018, 15:44   #564
Olsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka accounts 2010 View Post

Doors - 5.00pm

Beoga - 5.45pm

Jamie Lawson - 6.30pm

Anne-Marie - 7.30pm

Ed Sheeran - 8.45pm
They are not the same without Jim Morrison.
Advertisement
30-04-2018, 16:24   #565
aka accounts 2010

Quote:
They are not the same without Jim Morrison.
You win the internet today my friend - top class
Thanks from:
30-04-2018, 19:00   #566
fafy

I hope the Cork GAA & Aikens get their act together for these gigs, at Páirc Ui Chaoimh. The Springsteen gig are still fresh in people’s minds, locked exit gates, unlit exit points, and rubble uneven ground at exit points around the old stadium.
A ridiculous token system for the bar, and stewards, who did not know where the toilets were, or the exits, or even the bar system, or anything for that matter

An Enquiry into the running of the event, which was supposed to happen got buried.

The GAA have still not resolved the access roads lighting issue, which was part of the planning permission for the redeveloped venue.

What is concerning is the high volume of kids attending. They need to get this right, but their reputation does not inspire confidence.
01-05-2018, 00:13   #567
Olsky

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/...ng-id-12456540

Ed Sheeran fans urged to remember to bring ID to Irish gigs
You won't be let in otherwise!

30 APR 2018

Aiken Promotions have released another notice to fans and are urging them not to forget their ID as they will be asked to show it before being admitted to the concert.

If fans do not have ID on them, they will be turned away and the promoters and concert officials have said that resold tickets will not be accepted and ticket holders will be refused entry into the arena.

"Please beware of bogus ticket sellers, do not buy from any unofficial source/secondary sites as these tickets will not grant you access and we would hate for you to miss out."

Very sloppy journalism. Story based on an Aiken press release from Apr 17th. But Ticketmaster not officially confirming that they have done a u turn and will be allowing resold tickets with photocopy of touts ID is adding to the confusion.
01-05-2018, 09:40   #568
dulpit

Hey all. I've been reading over posts but can't get or find anything definitive. My wife has been offered tickets for the Sunday gig in Cork. The person who purchased them can't attend. Is there a mechanism for transferring tickets? Or will it be safe to just rock up with the tickets? Thanks!
01-05-2018, 12:00   #569
Olsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulpit View Post
Hey all. I've been reading over posts but can't get or find anything definitive. My wife has been offered tickets for the Sunday gig in Cork. The person who purchased them can't attend. Is there a mechanism for transferring tickets? Or will it be safe to just rock up with the tickets? Thanks!
The official position remains the same. The purchaser of tickets is required to attend with photo ID.

The unofficial position is that you can buy tickets from resellers and use them with photocopy of ID.
01-05-2018, 20:16   #570
enfant terrible

Anyone know what the set list will be?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion