Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

Big Nasty wrote: »
    You've held on to the car for 10 years!?! :eek:

I have - 250km later...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

pjmn wrote: »
    I have - 250km later...

250 km in 10 years? You sure you needed a car at all? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

pjmn wrote: »
    I have - 250km later...

That is impressive. Out of interest, have you done much to it outside of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

The gran finale, no more roads ahead

Where did I end up?
    36636608943_a7a585d053_h.jpg

Then a few days later...
    36596644354_d472ab82c2_h.jpg

750miles on mostly crummy backroads and boreens in 3 days and similar on the other trip, never broke into a sweat :cool:

Maybe you saw me appearing out of nowhere, maybe I appeared elsewhere, who knows ;)

It's now finished as my daily driver for the foreseeable future, 51k miles later and many memories to go

It needs a lot of preemptive work as well as more injectors, welding and niggly bits I haven't the time to sort all at once, but over the course of the next few months will be addressed, bit by bit

Take a well earned rest, a mighty machine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

That is impressive. Out of interest, have you done much to it outside of service?

Afraid to say this in case it stops shut tomorrow, but apart from routine service/tyres as per schedule, its had 2 track rod ends replaced, the crankshaft pulley replaced and the windshield washer pump replaced. That's it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Are those 350z wheels on the Merc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

They are! I think they look class!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

The GS has been a faithful steed, it's time to let her go though to fund one of these!

bHO7Nc2.jpg

PM me if interested! :)

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

4485088648281316222-account_id1.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

received_10214465929388463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You didn't hold on to it very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

I'd love to keep it, and may still. By an all out track jtcc inspired p10 primera is calling. And an ideal base car has come on my radar!

• Advertisement

They sure are, bought for my Z and were meant to be a temporary workaround for being shafted with crap tyres but ended up being a permanent fixture...!

I had plans to get another set of 350Z wheels and have both cars with the same wheels, alas I think I'll use these ones on the Z for now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

Picked this up during the week delighted with it so far quick picture of it at japfest

22047390_129998787726893_257757116_o.jpg?oh=3cbf643f31f47ae656bbe666c50df16c&oe=59CCADEE

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Yellow plates!:rolleyes:

Quazzie wrote: »
    Yellow plates!:rolleyes:

His car, his decision...? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

He picked it up this week so I'd wager it was the previous owners decision, but I agree with Q I'm afraid, hate yellow plates on an Irish car, looks naff. Car itself though, spot on.

True but the other side of it is that it's only going to attract attention from Gardai as they are not legal.

rizzodun wrote: »
    He picked it up this week so I'd wager it was the previous owners decision, but I agree with Q I'm afraid, hate yellow plates on an Irish car, looks naff. Car itself though, spot on.
    True but the other side of it is that it's only going to attract attention from Gardai as they are not legal.

Very aware of what kind of wrong attention it can attract :eek:

Just saw it as strange as if you go across the border and yellow plates are prevalent (being the standard issue) is that grounds to remark then?

Or Holland where the front plate is yellow?

Just being curious, that's all!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just saw it as strange as if you go across the border and yellow plates are prevalent (being the standard issue) is that grounds to remark then?
    It's legal issue in that country.
    Or Holland where the front plate is yellow?
    Again, it's legal issue in that country
    Just being curious, that's all!
    It's usually a good indicator of the type of person driving the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Some Donegal bais (hai) do be sporting yellow plates (hai) so they don't attract as much attention being Fenian B@$t@rds when they cross the border (hai).

Kind of pointless in a noisy Scooby though. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Some Donegal bais (hai) do be sporting yellow plates (hai) so they don't attract as much attention being Fenian B@$t@rds when they cross the border (hai).

Kind of pointless in a noisy Scooby though. :confused:

thats exactly where i bought the car from :pac: id imagine its why a lot of cars i seen up there were like that. Guards where i am are fairly spot on so i dont need to be panicking incase i get pulled over and told off... guards down here are clever enough to realize there are more important things to be keeping an eye out for on the roads so ill change them in time.

@quazzie are you saying the type of reg plate on a car is a indicator of the type of person driving it... really.. please explain to me what a yellow plate driver is and also a jap or german plate drivers just so i know what kind of maniacs are driving around using different numbers plates:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Imagine someone said something negative about a 50k Diesel Vag yoke? There'd be pages and pages of folk giving out about why you cant shít on other peoples cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Imagine someone said something negative about a 50k Diesel Vag yoke? There'd be pages and pages of folk giving out about why you cant shít on other peoples cars.

The hypocrisy is hilarious isn't it :)

Love the assumptions and generalist comments being thrown around as well :pac:

It's legal issue in that country.
    Again, it's legal issue in that country
    It's usually a good indicator of the type of person driving the vehicle.

So it's a legal observation.

Thank you for clearing up, no more to ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,285 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    I'd love to keep it, and may still. By an all out track jtcc inspired p10 primera is calling. And an ideal base car has come on my radar!

I always loved those late 90's Touring cars, they were badass!

Best of luck! :)

Never commented on the legality, just that they look naff on an Irish car.

Heck the plates on my civic aren't legal.

But yes, it does give the impression of the 'hoop it in the crossroads' bald tyres and never serviced type, particularly here in the north west.

That's hardly ****ting on the car though, car is class, if he wants yellow plates so be it, just I would go for a custom design plate instead.

So, a few weeks ago I posted about some idiot rear ending the missus in a car park, ended up not chasing him as the damage was minimal, and I couldn't justify hitting the fella for a repair when the damage was noticeable to myself more than anyone else.
    In the end, I'd hate to have someone take me to the cleaners for a small lapse of concentration. Good Karma and all that right?

Well, today, another car park, another idiot, pulled out from a parking space and didn't even look, hitting the front bumper a fair whack.

I've had the civic two years, it was immaculate, and I've treated it like a baby, so it's annoying when idiots can't even open their eyes and watch their surroundings. :mad:

Needless to say, this will be getting repaired, the scuff mark by the foglight is actually a hole.

429226.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

rizzodun wrote: »
    So, a few weeks ago I posted about some idiot rear ending the missus in a car park, ended up not chasing him as the damage was minimal, and I couldn't justify hitting the fella for a repair when the damage was noticeable to myself more than anyone else.
    In the end, I'd hate to have someone take me to the cleaners for a small lapse of concentration. Good Karma and all that right?

Well, today, another car park, another idiot, pulled out from a parking space and didn't even look, hitting the front bumper a fair whack.

I've had the civic two years, it was immaculate, and I've treated it like a baby, so it's annoying when idiots can't even open their eyes and watch their surroundings. :mad:

Needless to say, this will be getting repaired, the scuff mark by the foglight is actually a hole.
    If you need a new bumber, or if a bit of work needs to go in repairing the old bumper id considee buying a new genuine bumper. On those hondas they come ready painted from the factory in the colour of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    If you need a new bumber, or if a bit of work needs to go in repairing the old bumper id considee buying a new genuine bumper. On those hondas they come ready painted from the factory in the colour of your choice.

You’re talking silly money though for a new genuine bumper. As clean as the Civic is and fair play to to op for keeping it so well, surely that bumper can just be repaired...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,590 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

JohnBoy26 wrote: »

If I ever needed a new bumper, the honda dealer would be my first port of call. Better chance of getting a good one compared to the mismatched and odd ones you'd find on donedeal

• Advertisement

What the hell is a "bumber" :confused: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement