Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What the hell is a "bumber" :confused: :pac:

Your dads a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

What the hell is a "bumber" :confused: :pac:

Urban dictionary defines "bumber" as a woman's mammary glands

Safe link with definitions!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Anyone that thinks they are silly money hasn't done their homework. The bumper comes in two pieces on those pre facelift civics. The op needs the top part. The wheel arch moulding and the bottom part of the bumper doesn't look to be damaged and can be clipped back together.

The top part of the bumper can be had for under €200 factory painted.

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-CIVIC-2006-2011-FRONT-BUMPER-COVER-NEW-ALL-COLOURS-AVAILABLE-/322335326301?hash=item4b0caec05d%3Ag%3A~OcAAOSwBPNXSXaQ&_trkparms=pageci%253A7a1ba7c9-a532-11e7-9c49-74dbd1808681%257Cparentrq%253Ace72db2615e0ab670912c793ffffbcb8%257Ciid%253A8

That is from a main honda dealer in the uk. I know they aren't much more from the main dealers here.

By the time the op's bumper is sanded filled and resprayed I can't see it being much, if any less than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Anyone that thinks they are silly money hasn't done their homework. The bumper comes in two pieces on those pre facelift civics. The op needs the top part. The wheel arch moulding and the bottom part of the bumper doesn't look to be damaged and can be clipped back together.

The top part of the bumper can be had for under €200 factory painted.

https://m.ebay.ie/itm/GENUINE-HONDA-CIVIC-2006-2011-FRONT-BUMPER-COVER-NEW-ALL-COLOURS-AVAILABLE-/322335326301?hash=item4b0caec05d%3Ag%3A~OcAAOSwBPNXSXaQ&_trkparms=pageci%253A7a1ba7c9-a532-11e7-9c49-74dbd1808681%257Cparentrq%253Ace72db2615e0ab670912c793ffffbcb8%257Ciid%253A8

That is from a main honda dealer in the uk. I know they aren't much more from the main dealers here.

By the time the op's bumper is sanded filled and resprayed I can't see it being much, if any less than that.

Likely the paint on his car will have faded somewhat over the years and the bumper will look off if painted new..

Most crash repair places would blow the paint into other panels to avoid the contrast

mloc123 wrote: »
    Likely the paint on his car will have faded somewhat over the years and the bumper will look off if painted new..

Most crash repair places would blow the paint into other panels to avoid the contrast

They won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

All valid arguments, in short, I want the car looking exactly like it was before the accident, considering the age I don't believe in taking the guy to the cleaners, but I'm not paying for it, so it'll cost as much or as little that I feel is justified.

Dropped it into the garage that the insurance company directed me to today, awaiting assessment.

rizzodun wrote: »
    All valid arguments, in short, I want the car looking exactly like it was before the accident, considering the age I don't believe in taking the guy to the cleaners, but I'm not paying for it, so it'll cost as much or as little that I feel is justified.

Dropped it into the garage that the insurance company directed me to today, awaiting assessment.

If it was my car id opt for the new bumper. It's difficult to beat factory paint tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moar pics please

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Now with better tailpipes and rear tyres :pac:

3zqyIJNh.jpg

nz2nRihh.jpg

tK9oGOPh.jpg

N7JsURoh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    If it was my car id opt for the new bumper. It's difficult to beat factory paint tbh.

Agree 100%. They're not that hard to fit but deffo more labour intensive than a lot of cars. You could get a smart repair done but to be fair there's a hole in the bumper.

Worth noting that the facelift top half of bumper is the same figment for pre and post facelift.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Agree 100%. They're not that hard to fit but deffo more labour intensive than a lot of cars. You could get a smart repair done but to be fair there's a hole in the bumper.

Worth noting that the facelift top half of bumper is the same figment for pre and post facelift.

Some of them are all the one piece too but maybe that is on the type r.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Now with better tailpipes and rear tyres :pac:

Are the wing mirrors a new addition? Looks well

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Are the wing mirrors a new addition? Looks well

No they came on it, M5 Mirrors. The mirrors, brake cooling ducts on the front, spacers all around and even the sunroof at tilt makes it look way more aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Got the car washed, 2 stage waxed and fully valeted inside today but when I got there they were only half way through and cause the sun was going down this was the best picture I could get with my crappy phone
    So hopefully for the time being Colm will be happy till I get better ones in the morning this will have to do :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Also, how do I attach a photo where it shows immediately without having to click a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

[img][/img]

and the link inside..

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Put before and after the URL of your image. Watch the size though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That 540i is amazeballs :cool: there can't be too many of them in the coutry. Did you import it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

There's nothing quite like two of the same cars beside each other!

20171001_191630.jpg

20171001_191553.jpg

MadYaker wrote: »
    That 540i is amazeballs :cool: there can't be too many of them in the coutry. Did you import it?

Cheers! Yeah I brought it in from the North in April, I know of only 4 E39 540's running in the Republic and North, 2 down in Cork(mine included), 1 around the West last I heard and 1 that BMStuff on here owns in the North!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Cheers! Yeah I brought it in from the North in April, I know of only 4 E39 540's running in the Republic and North, 2 down in Cork(mine included), 1 around the West last I heard and 1 that BMStuff on here owns in the North!

Has he moved up North? Thought he was in Dublin.

Has he moved up North? Thought he was in Dublin.

Yeah he's up North these days as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Yeah he's up North these days as far as I know!

I googled him recently.. made for interesting reading.. I wonder is he on the run..!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Not sure how anyone can put up with that Frank Keane vinyl on the rear window, it would be one of the first things I'd be removing once I parked it up at home for the first time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Try 3, all the same colour, all the same year, from the same county :p

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

dar83 wrote: »
    Not sure how anyone can put up with that Frank Keane vinyl on the rear window, it would be one of the first things I'd be removing once I parked it up at home for the first time. :o

And the number plate surrounds....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I bought a car there. I asked the guy to take it off. He did it there and then in the showroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Always think the same when I see one of their cars on the road. They essentially sign write the window. I don't mind a sticker in the window but always think they are just pulling the piss with that set up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

BMW rental in Ireland for the last few weeks. It was nice but desperately needed to be an auto!!

And a Toyota C-HR I picked up today in England, with only 5 miles on the clock when I got it. It’s always nice to get a brand new rental and be the first one to drive it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

How was the CHR? Nice looking car, especially the interior.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement