Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MidMan25 wrote: »
    How was the CHR? Nice looking car, especially the interior.

It’s quite different alright, some odd styling, but spacious like a Qashqai, the windows in the back are tiny, and the one I have feels a little underpowered (perhaps it’s a 1.0l petrol?), nice big touch screen that controls everything, and the usual bells and whistles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭McGrath5

So I took a trip out to California recently, had the pleasure of been upgraded to a BMW 430i convertible, lovely motor to be driving down the Pacific coast highway and out to Vegas through the desert, here is a few pics of a spin out to the Hoover dam.
    Some lovely cars out there, nice to see M3's & M5's been used as regular family motors instead of looking at boring paddy spec Tucson's back home all day.

https://imgur.com/rre48Vp
    https://imgur.com/4abAr8b
    https://imgur.com/D3vuzHk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

And a Toyota C-HR I picked up today in England, with only 5 miles on the clock when I got it. It’s always nice to get a brand new rental and be the first one to drive it.

If the lads in the rental place are anything like me and the lads in Shannon in the early 90's, then those were 5 very tough miles!. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,258 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Do you find it strange driving the car on the opposite side of the road? I still reach out for the gearstick and there's nothing there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

McGrath5 wrote: »
    So I took a trip out to California recently, had the pleasure of been upgraded to a BMW 430i convertible, lovely motor to be driving down the Pacific coast highway and out to Vegas through the desert, here is a few pics of a spin out to the Hoover dam.
    Some lovely cars out there, nice to M3's & M5's been used as regular family motors instead of looking at boring paddy spec Tucson's back home all day.

https://imgur.com/rre48Vp
    https://imgur.com/4abAr8b
    https://imgur.com/D3vuzHk

I have a 340i booked for NY in 3 weeks. Really looking forward to it. Hope you enjoyed the trip, looks nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Bought today:

6 cylinders, all the toys(except leather :( ), 118000 verified miles and service history. 800 quid. Delighted.

RshgaO5r.jpg

M7uKamh.jpg

G8LJwGZ.jpg

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Bought today:

6 cylinders, all the toys(except leather :( )

Hold on to the wheels whenever you do sell on . Those style 32 alloys, assuming they are 18inch, are starting to command a nice few bob especially if staggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Does the PDC work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hold on to the wheels whenever you do sell on . Those style 32 alloys, assuming they are 18inch, are starting to command a nice few bob especially if staggered.

Their not 18 inch they look like 16 sure they are tiny in the pictures.

Their not 18 inch they look like 16 sure they are tiny in the pictures.

I was on mobile when I saw them first and they looked big. I see what you mean now I'm on the laptop.

• Advertisement

Does the PDC work :pac:

It does! :eek:

Would anyone know where I could get leather seats and someone who could retrofit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Would anyone know where I could get leather seats and someone who could retrofit them?

She's a keeper so :pac:

Find a set off of Adverts, if you get manual seats from a similar year you should just be able to unbolt and bolt in the new ones, connection should be the same if the same years. Rear seats take 10 minutes and 2 bolts to take out.

Where are you based? I have black leather seats in my e39 parked outside the house. Very easy to fit them. Four bolts hold in the two front seats and the back just clip in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

After 6 weeks and almost 2,500km (averaging 5.1L/100km if anyone is interested) the Grey A3 got a bit dirty.

429828.jpg

Rather than getting someone to wash it, I just got a new one instead :pac:

429829.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Normal (rental) service was resumed today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

R.O.R wrote: »
    After 6 weeks and almost 2,500km (averaging 5.1L/100km if anyone is interested) the Grey A3 got a bit dirty.

Rather than getting someone to wash it, I just got a new one instead :pac:

What do you think of the A3 saloon out of curiosity does the interior feel cramped ? I have test driven a few B9 A4's and thought space was good but the A3 is a good bit smaller.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's kinda like a Jetta only a bit smaller in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

CIP4 wrote: »
    What do you think of the A3 saloon out of curiosity does the interior feel cramped ? I have test driven a few B9 A4's and thought space was good but the A3 is a good bit smaller.

How you finding the Leon compared to the A4? I find the wife's very cramped with awful pedal's. I am after standing on the brakes several times going for the clutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Truckermal wrote: »
    How you finding the Leon compared to the A4? I find the wife's very cramped with awful pedal's. I am after standing on the brakes several times going for the clutch.

Clutch? Peasant! :p

Where are you based? I have black leather seats in my e39 parked outside the house. Very easy to fit them. Four bolts hold in the two front seats and the back just clip in and out.

Based in Dublin, North city.

• Advertisement

Based in Dublin, North city.

I'm in Mayo. You can have them for free if you come down for them. Also they are not mint. But still in fairly good condition. They look worse in the pictures as they are not clean. They good do with a wipe. The drivers seat has the most wear. Drivers seat is the second picture.

I did try to embed the pictures but they were massive. Just click the links below to see the seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Just happened to spot another set here, if the black set doesn't tickle your fancy. Looks to be located in Drogheda.

Screenshot_20171007-183525.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Truckermal wrote: »

I find the A4 had a spacier interior particularly in the back which you'd expect as its a bigger car. I wouldn't find much difference in interior build quality A4 probably felt slightly better put together. The A4 was a good bit heavier and you can feel the difference between the two the extra weight had its pros and cons. Haven't had issue with pedals in either of them and I have size 12 feet.

I think the A4 is a good size not too big not too small which makes me think I would find the A3 small as their is a bit of a difference but would be similar to my Leon with a bigger boot I suppose.

CIP4 wrote: »

90% of the time it's just me in the car, going to or from the office so it's fine for that. Cabin doesn't feel cramped from the drivers seat.

At the weekends I'll have 1 or both of the kids in the back seats, but they are only 4 & 5 so no issue with leg room at the moment moment.

Wouldn't like to be running it as the main family car though as it would be a bit tight for space, especially in the years to come, but we need to give her car a run at the weekend anyway to keep the dpf clear.

Seats could be a bit more supportive - S-Line is much better in that respect, but I do like the built in smartphone interface that works well most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Missus' car hit a milestone*.

430008.jpg

*) One may say 42 kilometres is not a milestone at all. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I see what you did there. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

joujoujou wrote: »
    One may say 42 kilometres is not a milestone at all. ;)

It either is or it isn't, which is it? ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The wife is 42 the same day the car hit that mileage?

bear1 wrote: »
    The wife is 42 the same day the car hit that mileage?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Im even more confused now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement