Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I've 52k on my 20.5 month old ST. I really should have went diesel. Not bought on PCP though as i would have broke all the mileage restrictions.

Never say such a thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Never say such a thing!

I'll stay away from them for as long as feasibly possible!

The ST does ~40 mpg so it's not too bad to run.

I'd love a Mk7 GTi with the performance pack and DSG though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

hooch-85 wrote: »
    I'll stay away from them for as long as feasibly possible!

The ST does ~40 mpg so it's not too bad to run.

I'd love a Mk7 GTi with the performance pack and DSG though.

That's really amazing. It's incredible what economy modern hot hatchbacks can get! I've seen a good few ST focuses recently too. I'd love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That's really amazing. It's incredible what economy modern hot hatchbacks can get! I've seen a good few ST focuses recently too. I'd love one.

Mine is a Fiesta ST so it's a little more frugal than the Focus.

But 35-40 mpg or so is the norm from most modern hot hatches around the 230-250 bhp mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

3x mods posting together and that quoted pic has flown completely under the radar :pac:

• Advertisement

3x mods posting together and that quoted pic has flown completely under the radar :pac:

What quoted pic, I don't see any quoted pics?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

0wh.jpg

The new daily up in Monaghan this week. Really enjoying driving it so far. Didn't think I'd go back to a diesel car again but sure look - an exception to the rule. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

^^ My brand new manifold arrived yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bear1 wrote: »
    ^^ My brand new manifold arrived yesterday :D

Why'd ya go brand new? :D

Where'd you get it from and how much?

166man wrote: »
    Why'd ya go brand new? :D

Where'd you get it from and how much?

Few reasons, it's 9 years old and it's smokey and a bit down on power in my opinion which seems to coincide with the checks which showed the swirl flaps don't seem to be working.
    So instead of cleaning it out I decided to go brand new and have the egr cleaned too.
    In Poland i paid roughly 240e delivered for the pierburg version.
    Seeing as I'm putting a new belt on the car it made sense to kill two birds with one stone as the belt has to come off to do the manifold.
    I'm hoping this will give the engine much cleaner air circulation which will give me better consumption and combustion.
    That should last me a good while and then maybe in the future I'll look at a complete egr and dpf delete.

I'm actually giving it quite a service all being said.
    New manifold, new belt pump and tentioners. Flushing the old steering fluid out and putting fresh one in.
    New gearbox and rear diff oil so smoother gear changes.
    Cleaned out egr and I'm going to ask them to replace all filters with fresh engine oil and new coolant.
    About 2 days work I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

36862093300_a0eeeef7ec_k.jpgMk2 GTI 16v by Jason doyle, on Flickr

My MK2 GTI 16v

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

jay28 wrote: »
    https://flic.kr/p/YanS5LMy mk2 gti 16v

Edit.. haven't figured Flickr out yet!!

Wow looks very clean. Has to have been parked in a shed rather than front drive for a fair chunk of it's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

https://flic.kr/p/YanS5LMy mk2 gti 16v

Edit.. haven't figured Flickr out yet!!

Looks great very clean I had a couple of valvers years ago and addictive revvvy fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

To be honest I haven't owned the car that long, it's a credit to its 3 previous owners. Only has 94k documented miles and a folder full of history.

Now off to figure out Flickr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Right, it feels like forever since I posted in here, and truth be told it has been about 3 months. Why the break? Well, I now own a car that requires fuel once a week, and just always works. Its unheard of in my world, especially coming off the back of an Alfa that took 5 attempts to get from Cork City to Macroom!! The mighty 207, or Blue Lightning as its known as Pugsel was a bit naff sounding, has been immense. Get in, turn on, drive, enjoy. Simples. In the 3.5 months now with the car, I've clocked up over 4000 miles, been through fields, did a gravel stage of a Forest Rally, been on all kinds of back lane and bye way and not a beat has been missed. I did manage to pull the splitter off one day with the help of a steep grass mound, but even that was a clip back on job. I did treat her to a proper compound polish a few weeks ago, but bar running costs (hard to beat the 48mpg figures) not a penny more has been spent on the car. Perhaps its sensibility setting in slowly, but I drive to work every morning with the JBL sound system doing its thing, the cover pulled back on the glass roof and enjoying the leather buckets. Thats not to say I've had moments of weakness. I was very close to pressing the button to buy carbon fiber S2000 wing mirrors at one point, and GTi bucket seats another day, but both times I just copped myself on....for now anyway.
    37077714206_0175c1990e_c.jpg

37077714086_1c1dda0bbb_c.jpg

36870229680_6a9c4f7d97_c.jpg

37058224622_36e9bcfa88_c.jpg

As for the other voiture, the Puglet has led a quiet life of late. Its spent the last 5 months tucked up in the shed, probley getting out twice in that time. I pulled the finger out and sourced a second hand wing from Eastern Europe to replace a damaged one, and get it fitted using a head torch the night before the local vintage festival. Turns out that burnouts on grass and popping the exhaust (a full ex-rally straight through) doesn't go down well, and we may have been encouraged to leave :-O I feel bad having the car lying idle, so current plan is that its new keeper is coming to collect my baby next Friday, but fear not, another rickity old Peugeot is already lined up and waiting ;-)

36870230330_ffe922c0c9_c.jpg

Have to say Cian I always enjoy your updates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

To be honest I haven't owned the car that long, it's a credit to its 3 previous owners. Only has 94k documented miles and a folder full of history.

Now off to figure out Flickr!!!

That really is a beautiful car, so rare to see a Mk2 GTI these days and the few that are around tend to be slammed and have horrible boy racer wheels and as a result, look dreadful. I utterly love how original yours is - please keep it that way:).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

kndPVVih.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Nice Scania who are that crowd!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭ongarite

New purchase:
    530d m-sport with pro kit.
    Comfort closing boot and LED headlights.

5zjjpz.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Very nice, i've never seen a single F10 with LEDs, must be a late production model?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,196 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nope, they were an expensive optional extra on the LCI model from 2013, think they cost about 2.5k extra but include adaptive and high beam assist function also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

Truckermal wrote: »
    Nice Scania who are that crowd!:P

Collins Transport Mallow Co Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 15,328 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Why do those bull nose Scania's always look weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Vicxas wrote: »

The nose is just that bit too short, bit longer and it'd look right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Vicxas wrote: »

That fairing throws the cab out of proportion I think. We're too used to looking at American Macks and the like where their noses are far longer than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

we bought a 2013 VW Passat in april this year it was a fine car until this happened yesterday morning when we had a small fire in the fuse box melting all the fuses and damaging wiring loom going back into dash and a small fire at base of drivers seat belt
    1st decent car we owned and this happens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's a very unusual thing to happen. Could have been an awful lot worse.

Did you have any aftermarket electrics in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Looks like something would happen when someone wraps wire around the 2 pins on a blown fuse (yes I've found this sort of crap in cars before). If the fuse was good it would have blown waaaaaay before it did damage like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

mossy50 wrote: »
    we bought a 2013 VW Passat in april this year it was a fine car until this happened yesterday morning when we had a small fire in the fuse box melting all the fuses and damaging wiring loom going back into dash and a small fire at base of drivers seat belt
    1st decent car we owned and this happens

That is very strange, any pics of the base of the drivers seat belt.

Where did you get the car?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement