Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Bit late for this as i've had it nearly a year.. Picked it up a few months after selling the 350Z.. Some differences!!

2008 Golf GTI DSG

I had the wheels refurbished last month as they were really letting the car down. A new passenger door lock and an oil change is all that has been needed so far!

Really enjoying and may just be turned to automatic after this as the DSG is great.

IMG_20161119_162407.jpg
    IMG_20170804_112708.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Lovely example well wear. the 2.0TFSI is a great lump.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Not quite a picture of my car anymore. Sold as of this afternoon.

I would have loved to have kept this car but with no where to store it and classic insurance not an option it wouldn't have been right to leave it sitting there rotting on the driveway.

20170911_174643_zpsr8bcjlts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Only seen your ad for this yesterday. I'd say you comfortably got your asking price, tbh I would have thought it was worth a good bit more than you wanted.

Hopefully the new owner doesn't bastardise it or break it for parts.

Seen your add for the standard exhaust too. Many interest. Much want. Very need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Just met with 166man to see his Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 Jtdm 20 valve Lusso manual six speed.

It's amazing, has 4 valves per cylinder.

4x -20valves = cylinders
    4x = 20 + cylinders
    X = 20/4 + cylinders
    X = 5 cylinders.

Yes 5 cylinders, pulls like a ****ing train.
    Better than new cars, totally a man after my own heart.

I'll get into more details in a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Pops_20

Only seen your ad for this yesterday. I'd say you comfortably got your asking price, tbh I would have thought it was worth a good bit more than you wanted.

Hopefully the new owner doesn't bastardise it or break it for parts.

Seen your add for the standard exhaust too. Many interest. Much want. Very need.

I got close to the asking price! Taking into account that everyone always wants a few quid off, I priced it accordingly and still got a bit above what I wanted.
    I could have potentially asked for more going by what's out there on done deal at the moment but at the end of the day I never saw it as 3k+ car.
    Can't believe how quick it sold, but I thinks its just a case of the right person on the right day.

The new owner has an EP71 Turbo S so I'm hoping its gone to a genuine enthusiast and the right home!

If I could have properly stored it I definitely would have, but such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

YbFocus wrote: »
    Just met with 166man to see his Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 Jtdm 20 valve Lusso manual six speed.

It's amazing, has 4 valves per cylinder.

4x -20valves = cylinders
    4x = 20 + cylinders
    X = 20/4 + cylinders
    X = 5 cylinders.

Yes 5 cylinders, pulls like a ****ing train.
    Better than new cars, totally a man after my own heart.

I'll get into more details in a bit.

Next time you see him tell him to do a swirl flaps removal, egr delete and you'll see its really pull then.
    I'm having a brand new manifold put in and deleting the egr. Realistically bhp wise I'll probably get a few extra but torque wise is where I'll notice the difference.
    But it being the Q4 it won't spin like a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

What kind of mpg are ye getting lads? Id like one but my 2.4 Volvo is quite heavy on the go go juice and I do biggish miles but don't want to get something even more thirsty.

What kind of mpg are ye getting lads? Id like one but my 2.4 Volvo is quite heavy on the go go juice and I do biggish miles but don't want to get something even more thirsty.

So far I've done approx 150km since Saturday and that's with pretty spirited driving and a bit of city flooring it from the lights type acceleration and I've averaged 7.7l per 100km.
    To put that into perspective, out sr180 auris averages 9 and it's a 4 cylinder, near on 35bhp less and much much lighter.
    I've used an eighth of a tank so far and have 650km left.
    Bare in mind that 166mans will probably be more economical than mine.

Meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

OSI wrote: »

If you treat it like you're driving a corolla you'll do a lot more, but you wont be able to.

It's a bit like popping a fruit pastille into your mouth. It could last for ages if you suck it, but that never really happens. Life's too short :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bear1 wrote: »
    Next time you see him tell him to do a swirl flaps removal, egr delete and you'll see its really pull then.
    I'm having a brand new manifold put in and deleting the egr. Realistically bhp wise I'll probably get a few extra but torque wise is where I'll notice the difference.
    But it being the Q4 it won't spin like a bitch

YBFocus you're an unusual chap :D

@bear swirl flap delete, DPF delete and EGR. Manifold was cleaned out last service too. It may even have a remap....:cool:

166man wrote: »
    YBFocus you're an unusual chap :D

@bear swirl flap delete, DPF delete and EGR. Manifold was cleaned out last service too. It may even have a remap....:cool:

If that's the case I'd guess you're running around 240 bhp.
    The injectors are supposedly good to around 280 but the f40 box will probably **** itself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Here's my yoke, had it just over nine months now, wanted to set it on fire a couple of times early on because it was being a typical BMW and going wrong a lot, and I've spent a small fortune on it, but it's been a trusty old yoke the past few months, it's such a lovely car to drive (it drives even better than it looks), getting rid of the clutch delay valve makes takeoffs and gearchanges much nicer, and that straight six makes me very very happy, even starting it up makes me smile! The M54 is such a superb engine, so docile and refined when you want it to be, and so much fun when you want to press on, it sounds great when you rev it some revs.

Still have a few jobs to do to it like a refurbished steering wheel, refurbished alloys, angel eyes, DISA valve and VANOS seals (the latter two as preventative maintenance - both are working away fine at the moment) but that's pretty much it!

qCAVq7E.jpg

FXLFiaX.jpg

wtQ8EZj.jpg

ofiH5fq.jpg

vcmFpYf.jpg

zXovhID.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm always happy to see cup holders in an e46!

It's first wash

• Registered Users Posts: 73,427 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Detailers hate this guy.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Detailers hate this guy.
    OSI wrote: »
    You monster!

This towards me?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,237 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This towards me?

It is faux outrage for putting a car through a car wash. It is meant in a "taking the p*ss" way :)

everlast75 wrote: »
    It is faux outrage for putting a car through a car wash. It is meant in a "taking the p*ss" way :)

I didn't have much choice cause I was on my way to work :) and some bastard birds **** all over it the day before.
    I promise once it's registered and the belts/manifold done it will be getting detailed as there are a few marks I want removed.
    Luckily the alloys are all brand new so nothing needed there.
    Please forgive me all :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I didn't have much choice cause I was on my way to work :) and some bastard birds **** all over it the day before.
    I promise once it's registered and the belts/manifold done it will be getting detailed as there are a few marks I want removed.
    Luckily the alloys are all brand new so nothing needed there.
    Please forgive me all :D

Whaaa? You're in Bern?!

Its funny cos when I saw what you had bought I thought...how did he find one in Ireland!? but they are pretty popular here :)

Whaaa? You're in Bern?!

Its funny cos when I saw what you had bought I thought...how did he find one in Ireland!? but they are pretty popular here :)

The car is from Bern buuuuuttt it's located currently about 1k km north east :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

It was filthy and needed a wash, I need to get the alloys refurbished and put some black trim stuff around the front wheels. But it looks fantastic, €10 well spent.

50PVZ

https://imgur.com/a/50PVZ

How the hell do I add a photo? do IMG tags not work anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,211 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

jesus that trim is the worst ive seen on a newer civic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

How the hell do I add a photo? do IMG tags not work anymore?

Just click the picture looking tab on boards and put the image link in.
    Only thing is I can't resize it. You can do that in imgur as it is your image.

nL83JuW.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

It's first wash

Oooh, BP off Połczyńska :D Been to the Lexus dealer there once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

jesus that trim is the worst ive seen on a newer civic

Looks like someone went over it with wax

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

New rental picked up last night!

In fairness to it you wouldn't know it's a 1.0l petrol
    (115 HP is a lot of power from such a small unit)

Still though, I had a new A6 for the last 2 weeks from them, perhaps I should have just parked it at the airport as opposed to returning it for the Skoda!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

It's been a week for mileage milestones in the TFB house.

The car is 54 weeks old and it's just cracked 50k today. If you take away holidays that's a good 1000km a week average and massive PCP negative equity.

Screenshot_20170915-103758.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭hooch-85

It's been a week for mileage milestones in the TFB house.

The car is 54 weeks old and it's just cracked 50k today. If you take away holidays that's a good 1000km a week average and massive PCP negative equity.

I've 52k on my 20.5 month old ST. I really should have went diesel. Not bought on PCP though as i would have broke all the mileage restrictions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement