Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Far Cry 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Dcully wrote: »
    i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    MSI GTX 660TI Twin Frozr

I think there is a bug where it shows up as running in dx11 even if you run the farcry3.exe and not the farcry3_d3d11.exe

You need to run farcry3_d3d11 to be sure you are running dx11

I just tested there with a gtx 570 60 fps running farcry3.exe
    20 fps running farcry3_d3d11.exe :eek:

Dcully are you running farcry3_d3d11.exe?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I'm getting steady 70 fps with my stock 3570k and gtx 670, with the same settings as DCully.
    However, I do notice weird shadows flickering in the water (when I look at it from a distance) when I move. Other than that it's perfect.

Great game. Only beef I have is that I find it a bit easy, even on hard difficulty.
    The only real challenge is when I'm up against a tiger and I unload an mp5 clip into its head and it doesn't die :)
    AI seems retarded as well. If you have a bit of patience they pretty much just come at you 1 by 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Are you sure you are running farcry3_d3d11.exe?
    It does not matter if it says directx 11 in the menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Every time i shoot an arrow the next arrowsw is alwas a fire one. Anyone know a fix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Left on d-pad afaik

I tried it ended up just firing all the fire arrows away to get back the normal ones.

EDIT: I just finished what could possibly be the best level of a game i have ever played. This game rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BobbieBerto

Has anyone tried split screen yet, tried last night on xbox, set up a private game 1v1 and everytime the both of us ended up on the same team and couldnt figure out how to switch teams anyone have any success with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looting a body is the only thing I don't like from this game.

Too many times their guns are beside them and you end up going in a loop of throwing weapons repeatedly while you try to be pixel-perfect to check their corpses.

Anyways, the flamethrower is great. I carry it around only to scare animals away from me. A quick burst and you'll have the tigers and komodo dragons running away in fear :D

It's also bloody satisfying shooting the molotov in an enemy's hand and watching it engulf him as he runs around in circles screaming!

I've pumped in a good amount of time since it's release and I'm not even halfway through this game, I especially haven't gotten bored of it yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Spent an unholy amount of time over the weekend on this.
    the ****ing mash space crap has me driven demented , anyone got any tips ?
    (Usung mouse and Keyboard BTW)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

horgan_p wrote: »

You can fast travel away from the area if you're being mauled ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

DarkJager wrote: »

You can fast travel away from the area if you're being mauled ;)
    Nah it's those story driven events. Without spoiling theres a jeep that needs push starting. Took me 20 minutes to get that one.
    And the save points are screwed so if you don't manage to "mash space" you get to watch the same 3 minute cinematic over and over and over agin until you want to scream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I do think the game needs a tad optimizing TBH as its deffo not using all four cores as efficently as it could. As I said, I have the game maxed out on DX9 and getting the 60FPS no probs running vsync on a 24" 1920x1200 res. with an oldish i5 2500K and oldish 6990 at this stage.

Fooking game is quality.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

a 6990 is old :pac: thats a serious card (its a dual in one right?), so the game seems alright to run in dx9, what are the gpu breaking differences in dx11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just finished it. Seriously amazing.
    What ending did people pick? I decided to stay with the rakyat and kill the friends and got a little show out of it :P

Would like to know what the other ending was though!

Anyone else experience the magical floating Molotov cocktail?

Only been quick saving and tried everything to get rid of the blasted thing and its looking like I'm going to have to restart the game

• Advertisement

horgan_p wrote: »

HA! I told all my mates I had a flu so i could play uninterupted.

Kinda feel bad for lying but ive got other friends to save from pirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Darko wrote: »
    Anyone else experience the magical floating Molotov cocktail?

Only been quick saving and tried everything to get rid of the blasted thing and its looking like I'm going to have to restart the game

Have you tried fast travelling or even dying? It's really bizzare though, I haven't encountered any problems like that in 10+ hours so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well the start was pretty sweet. I think I like Vaas, he's my kind of villain. Very pretty game, looks like it hasn't fallen into any of the bad habits the other Far Cry games had.

I still hate Uplay though.

DarkJager wrote: »

Have you tried fast travelling or even dying? It's really bizzare though, I haven't encountered any problems like that in 10+ hours so far.

Tried everything. The bottle remains stuck in his wrist no matter what I do. Seems to be a common enough bug so decided to just restart the game.

I have to kill a black panther with a bow and arrow, I get three shots and the bollox still gets me every time. I even have the bow upgrades and hunting stims active. Any of you guys face it yet?

Edit: I may have to ring in sick tomorrow/today i only realised im in work at 9, I thought it was about 2:30 at the latest. Cant get a better review for a game than that :D

Also just found an abstergo file :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,280 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think i played the best level ever last night, Kicking the Hornets Nest. I think it's Story Mission 13. I will spoiler it:
    First off, getting to the Weed farm and starting to burn with the flamethrower, and he says "Holy fook, this is brilliant" or something like it, and a fantastically fitting song playing in the background.
    This level is just fantastic. Everything went so well together! And i don't even like Skrillex!

Going to have to see what other games i've played this year, and yet to get Dishonored, but i think this is definitely GOTY. Ubi have made themselves another cash cow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

alligator

Mother****er. Biggest heart attack I've had in a game in ages.

I could hear hissing then BAM.

Amazing game.

Jasons missus is a whiny **** tho. Where's the "mash space" to smack her option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm torn. Didn't think anyone would top Handsome Jack for Villain of the Year, but Vaas pushes him damn close.

I'm torn. Didn't think anyone would top Handsome Jack for Villain of the Year, but Vaas pushes him damn close.

Vaas wins in acting and drama. Handsome Jack in sheer hilariousness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Only started last night. Dr Earnhardt is deadly.

Have to say the motion capture and acting in this game is brilliant.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Only started last night. Dr Earnhardt is deadly.

Have to say the motion capture and acting in this game is brilliant.

Lucky you! I finished it last night. Now what will I do :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Limericks wrote: »

Play it again ? or MP ? or Planetside 2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sidequests ? do it again on higher difficulty ? don't just sit for 50 hours straight playing it for the sake of completing it as soon as possible ?

Myself and probably half the people on the thread fall into the category of players that, as soon as the "introduction" shackles are taken off, just run in a random direction doing sidequests and not touching the main story for the first 20 hours or so.
    Same with Fallout / Skyrim or any open world game.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Sidequests ? do it again on higher difficulty ? don't just sit for 50 hours straight playing it for the sake of completing it as soon as possible ?

Myself and probably half the people on the thread fall into the category of players that, as soon as the "introduction" shackles are taken off, just run in a random direction doing sidequests and not touching the main story for the first 20 hours or so.

Im in the same category but could not stop playing it! Finished all of the side quests and unlocked all of the signature weapons by collecting enough collectables.

I cleared all of the camps and radio towers before touching most of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Im in the same category but could not stop playing it! Finished all of the side quests and unlocked all of the signature weapons by collecting enough collectables.

I can give ye the HumbleBundle if you're on PC and don't already have it (Darksiders / Company of Heroes / Red Faction /Metro2033)

Else I suggest get a new game or a new hobby :)

• Advertisement

I can give ye the HumbleBundle if you're on PC and don't already have it (Darksiders / Company of Heroes / Red Faction /Metro2033)

Else I suggest get a new game or a new hobby :)

I grabbed the bundle almost instantly :P Thanks though!

I am just in that funk when you finish a really good game and nothing else you play will live up to it for awhile. Twill fade just like it did with borderlands 2 and other before it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My Lost Expedition edition just arrived. Reading this thread over the weekend has me foaming at the mouth, looking forward to lashing into it!

I saw a trophy for 'rescue a
    hollywood star
    '

Can anyone confirm if this is '
    McLovin
    '. No need to tell me who it is if it's not him. Thanks!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    My Lost Expedition edition just arrived. Reading this thread over the weekend has me foaming at the mouth, looking forward to lashing into it!

I saw a trophy for 'rescue a
    hollywood star
    '

Can anyone confirm if this is '
    McLovin
    '. No need to tell me who it is if it's not him. Thanks!
    it's not ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Made my way onto the second island last night. The few missions and namely some of the cutscenes before that are excellently done.So many hours poured into the game since picking it up on release day and I've enjoyed every moment up to now. I really don't want this game to end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

how do you unlock the weapon attachments?

bear in mind I have not even gone to Dr. Earnhardt yet, I have just bein going around getting outposts/towers/having a blast!

so ive only done the very first mission.

Does progressing through the story unlock weapon attachments? Really want silencer and scopes!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Guilty as charged :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tuxy wrote: »
    I think there is a bug where it shows up as running in dx11 even if you run the farcry3.exe and not the farcry3_d3d11.exe

You need to run farcry3_d3d11 to be sure you are running dx11

I just tested there with a gtx 570 60 fps running farcry3.exe
    20 fps running farcry3_d3d11.exe :eek:

Dcully are you running farcry3_d3d11.exe?

My dx11 screenshots.

farcry3_d3d11_2012_12_03_10_00_38_63.png

farcry3_d3d11_2012_12_03_09_58_19_48.png

Jesus man, did you ate or sleep the past three days? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Anyone here don't use fast travel like me? :D

• Advertisement

how does one unlock the weapon attachments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

When your only gripe is it takes too long to loot or can be finicky to get the prompt.

Thats it....nothing else about this game bothers me. Crackin game sorty blah blah, its the outposts that have me hooked.

Finally a game that lets me be the god damn predator (may have made some click click click noises out loud whilst playing :p)

Altho a bit of an LOL moment i videod last night, planned my assault. Queitly take out the lad with the armour sign (hmm thats new, what does that mean?) then move onto the 2 lightning lads with the double knife take down. Then finish off the 2 on the far side with the assault rifle. In and out 2 minutes tops, no alarm triggered.

Crept behind the lad with the armour sign......hmmm no takedown option....he turned around....fcuk..it all went to **** right there

Carefully planned quiet assault turned into a bloody fiery assault in which many pirates died and the entire outpost was burnt to the ground.

I learned heavy lads need heavy takedown or rocket launcher to the face.

srumball wrote: »
    how does one unlock the weapon attachments?

Buy them and attach them in the shop screen. Double click on the gun in the shop to see what you can buy.

I dont think theres an option outside of that shop to equip guns, if there is im a spa :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

loving this game.. I don't think I've died from gunfire yet but have been killed by:
    crashing hang glider
    crocodile
    tiger
    leopard
    falling off cliff
    drowning
    those big cow things
    accidentally jumping off radio tower when I thought I'd slide down zip line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

@dreamers - same thing with me and the heavys.

Waiting for a takedown prompt = fail.

Trying for a grenade takedown of other guys at the minute.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Buy them and attach them in the shop screen. Double click on the gun in the shop to see what you can buy.

I dont think theres an option outside of that shop to equip guns, if there is im a spa :(

yeah i had a look there but there are no attachments available.

I may have to do some of the missions first as I have done only 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I had the bejesus scared out of me crossing a stream when I dipped below the waterline and came face to face with a freaking crocodile. It's bridges from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best, most cost effective way of dealing with the heavy's with the iron armour is carry a FLARE GUN!!! Seriously.....One shot and sit and look, EPIC. And they shout all the obsanities while on fire...pmsl.

Found it out the hard way on a later mission, huge fire fight no ammo left, salvage a flare gun just before the IRON MAN pops out and BLAMMO.....right in the chest! So sweet and does not cost the mad money for RPGs or nades or whatever to dispatch them quickly.

Also the SPECIAL WEAPONS you unlock are the DAWGS DANGLIES!!!

srumball wrote: »
    yeah i had a look there but there are no attachments available.

I may have to do some of the missions first as I have done only 1

Only some guns have them, radio towers seem to give you more guns. Think i have 8 done now and 16 outposts.

Anyone tried Coop? Are the outposts in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Is there more than one type of bow in the game? Notice their are 'special' weapons appearing in the shops now aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

took my last 40 out of the bank a/c to get this in town today, head down to gamestop all excited as it was 40 euro on the website. 45 euro in store. bastards. I'll get it in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement