Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My new books arrived today. Got them after a recommendation from another boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Going through my 'academic' profile to find the last person I would suspect has been in it a handful of times, since we met last year.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

https://twitter.com/TodayFM/status/1276158977743761411?s=09

30 years ago today, I remember it clearly.
    I was so nervous I watched it from outside the house looking in through the window, as I was too tense to stay in the room.:o

One of the bestest days ever.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,162 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

In a discussion about a recently updated strategy game I play, someone said "Portugal are still doing Portugal things". I found this highly amusing for some reason.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Princess Bride, that will always be a feelgood memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I was so nervous I watched it from outside the house looking in through the window, as I was too tense to stay in the room.:o

I was just about to post about this.

Was in a chalet in a Pontins holiday camp in England watching it.

Jumping around when Packie saved as if we'd won...then remembering we had a penalty. Dave O'Leary walking up to take the pen to win it. Dave O'Leary? He places the ball...seems to take forever..walks back....here goes............the net ripples.

Ecstasy.

We're in the QF of the WORLD CUP!!!!!

I gotta takeaway cup of coffee just over an hour ago, had me Weetabix and it's still warm enough to drink at about 30-40% full.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Listening to Easy Fm and they played Dont Marry Her from the Beautiful South. except they played the album version that goes
    "Don't marry her, f*ck me" instead of "Don't marry her, have me" and "sweaty bollocks" instead of "Sandra Bullocks"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Listening to Easy Fm and they played Dont Marry Her from the Beautiful South. except they played the album version that goes
    "Don't marry her, f*ck me" instead of "Don't marry her, have me" and "sweaty bollocks" instead of "Sandra Bullocks"

Its the little things:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im watching ASMR videos of women making sandwiches.Its so relaxing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The segment on comic relief last night, with hozier and the strings section in croker, so beautifully lit and the closing shot of the view over the stadia towards the bay.

I was both in tears and has hairs stand up on my arms.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I went out to Adare for a while this afternoon; I had a lovely time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just got some mad vibrations (literally) on my left wrist from my health monitor-watch-thing. I assumed I was having a heart attack but am trivially happy to announce that it was just telling me that its power was gone. On Friday, it reminded me that I was down to 10% so it's my own fault. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Himself picked up the keys to our new place together. I'll be joining him soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Secured a much needed appointment to get the mop resuscitated.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That leap into the air that Packie does, is just such a moment of sheer happiness.

Trivially happy to be indoors on a day of such bleak weather, drinking coffee and feeling cosy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

That my courgette plants have set fruit. Everything in my garden is practically torn to shreds by the fcuking hurricanes we've been having over the past week or two so I'm delighted that these have not just survived, but are thriving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got my hair done this morning and brought my parent to a local cafe for lunch.
    Took all precaution but felt so good to have some normality!

Space:1999 is on in the background and the special effects are delightfully ****ty. one alien character has a piece of bubble wrap wrapped around their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Don’t judge me.
    I’m delighted Micheál Martin is Taoiseach.
    Not for any political leanings I have.
    But because I actually quite fancy him. I think he has a lovely smile and twinkly eyes. There’s been a bit of talk online about how hot his son is and while I think the young fella is nice, his Da is a lot ridier if you ask me.

As I said, don’t judge me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Got to reschedule my hair appointment :) can’t wait to get my hair done :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Space:1999 is on in the background and the special effects are delightfully ****ty. one alien character has a piece of bubble wrap wrapped around their head.

I loved that programme, Maya was my favourite! Do you have the boxset or was it on the telly?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

518284.jpg

518285.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

New Home wrote: »
    518284.jpg

518285.jpg

Aren't they adorable!Love Hedgehogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I'm happy my previous company has fCuked off home.It was mostly a fun night but Phebs was getting a bit too friendly with the others.and that caused a bit of friction.

New Home wrote: »
    I loved that programme, Maya was my favourite! Do you have the boxset or was it on the telly?

on TV. it is on every day on the Horror Channel at 3PM. if you watch it today Maya wont be in it. They are on season 1 and she didnt appear until season 2

Ah well, that's that, so - basic Saorview only here, regrettably.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Sitting in a coffee shop for the first time in months. Such a simple pleasure, sipping coffee and watching the world go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I was in Limerick for a while today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The photo BuileBeag posted in the wherer thread yesterday of her cats in a box 😸 and my name was on the box, like as she was sending me her two cats! 😸😃🤣

Advertisement