Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

One more go :D

Love the colours :)

A new tv show starting next week looks like my kind of show :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Redneck Reject1971

I'd like to see one of your ponchos there mi amigo or maybe a pic of your ear... :D

Once I reach the level on boards to post my own pics I wil,heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Once I reach the level on boards to post my own pics I wil,heh

Pwomise? A pair of shoes too?

no shoes but my shiney boots .heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,343 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

One of my all time favourite bands liked a tweet of mine. I am on cloud nine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Scrambled eggs on toast.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Sausage samitch with Ballymaloe relish and a glass of fruity plonk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Had a little laugh at myself a minute ago: on the computer half the evening, and start hearing faint bird song in my headphones. Have I left some YouTube video running in the background? I sometimes listen to rain sounds, but not bird sounds, so what is my computer doing? By now, you've probably guessed that it wasn't my computer: the bird sounds were coming from actual birds, outside. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I put my pic up on my profile thing,under visitor messages.Hope it works as I am technologically impaired,heh.

The gloriousness that is a caramel slice. I'm in work having one and it tastes like diabetes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

The drop of rain made my car look a bit more respectable

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Had a takeaway sandwich and a coffee from a local coffee shop, sat a while on a quiet bench and watched the world go by. Bliss.

Great to see life restarting and a little bit of a buzz around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭gifted

Took the two eldest chicks for a cycle picnic today, on a narrow path they stopped to let an elderly man pass and I heard him say "Thank you girls, very mannerly"....I was dead proud of them, I was on the other side of a ditch and they were on their own so they stopped by themselves. Didn't do a bad job if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My nephews are cycling up on their own to see my parents in the morning and my dad sounds so excited to see them. Really is the little things at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I found a brush that I bought for washing the car that I'd forgotten about. I used wash and wax and had the car gleaming in about half the usual time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Seeing two of my favorite people on Sunday, my nephew (my favorite biyeen) and meeting my 2 month niece for the first time, she is as light as a feather and she was smiling mad up at me :3 I won't lie it got a bit emotional :o then biyeen got up from his nap and was shy at first but came out of himself eventually, he now knows all his colors :eek: and can count to 15 :eek: and he's only 2 and a bit! I kept mixing up the colors as well "Oh this is red now is it" and he kept correcting me with the correct answer "no owange uncle" :D:3 then we went out to his sand pit, I think I had way more fun in it than he did :o:D he kept knocking down my castles as well :O then he ran over to the fence and saw the neighbours had a tractor in their driveway, well he nearly lost it when he saw it! "twactor twactor" a great day and so nice to see everyone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Now I don't live in the city and bought a car from a friend. It is oooooollllld but I trust him and it cost under 1.5k so we are not talking big money here. Anyone want a lift? :) beep, beep!

Sorta related, but my slightly trivial happy thing is that I was in a car for the first time in 3 months yesterday evening. I can live quite happily with cars but my brother has been hounding me for the past few days to go for a drive with him.

I eventually said "Okay, let's go to Lidl!". (I'm exciting like that.) We ended up going to Aldi in a neighbouring town, again the first time out of my town in three months, even though I've been working all the way through this...thingy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

mikemac2 wrote: »

Now I don't live in the city and bought a car from a friend. It is oooooollllld but I trust him and it cost under 1.5k so we are not talking big money here. Anyone want a lift? :) beep, beep!
    Best of luck with it mikemac2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Steak for dinner later on

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Had a really stressful day at work yesterday. Called one of my colleagues / friends to have a rant and then one of our mutual friends gave me a call out of the blue "to see how I was". I'm guessing first friend dropped her a "bitofabind is in a bit of a bind, give her a call!" text.

It was so lovely to see such good friends rally round. That's been my general experience during lockdown, whether it's the realms of cards and flowers delivered on birthday, or my best friend calling at low moments, or even my boss telling me to take a few days off, etc. I think it's what I'll remember about this time in years to come.

TH is that I'm going to the beach with said colleague tomorrow for a socially distanced picnic and to meet her new puppy. And another TH is the weekly zoom calls with college friends, we were supposed to have a reunion in Dublin before the world imploded and instead did it by zoom, which has kind of continued every week since and I'm loving it.

Basic TH about the good friends I have in my life.

• Advertisement

Today's episode of Doctors, which was brilliant and original

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Glorious, glorious garlic mayonnaise. Makes everything taste better (except when you have coffee with whatever it is you're eating that contains it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New shiny tech things got delivered today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

New shiny tech things got delivered today.

Me too...new phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I had to get glasses to wear while using a computer and it turns out glasses really suit me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I love someone so much I find myself chewing the tip of my plait and smiling around it like a lunatic while I read his words to me. He makes me laugh like a child every day. It took a while to believe in someone so perfectly good but it was the best decision I've ever made.

Three young blackbirds freshly out of the nest, hopping round the back garden trying to find their wings. All the while encouraged by their attentive mother. An intense conversation going on, never heard as much raucous chirping. And one of them just took flight, my day is made.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I am very grateful to the god of wine, that is all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog had to wear a cone for the past fortnight. When I took it off today she ran around like a giddy pup.

• Advertisement

I went out for a spin this afternoon with my parents. I had a great time

Advertisement