Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    How did maurice shanahan and martin o neill play? Would love to know where they are going to find a place for noel connors in the backline, they've been absolutely brilliant so far

Neither particularly impressive really to be honest. O Neill put over 4 frees which is a plus, they were relatively straightfoward but still have to be put over. He was taken off midway through the second half. Maurice didnt do a whole lot, from memory, a good pass to Barron for the goal and he won one free. Just back from injury though, so hopefully can improve

KevIRL wrote: »
    As for hypotheticals, how about this...Waterford Clare and Cork win. The relegation playoff would be a repeat of last years All Ireland Final between Galway and Kilkenny

And another..

If Galway win and the other 2 games finish in a draw, then all six teams would finish on 5 points. Unlikely to be fair, but would be pretty mental if it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    How did maurice shanahan and martin o neill play? Would love to know where they are going to find a place for noel connors in the backline, they've been absolutely brilliant so far

well , rather than a starting 15 a starting 20 should be normal nowadays , remember how important it was against cork in 2010 and we fielded 23 player to win the munster title .

In otherwords,tis no harm in having a few reserves we'll need them come championshiop

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

Why are people so worried about how other people rate us?? Were better off with the tag as under dogs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

shoddy14 wrote: »
    Why are people so worried about how other people rate us?? Were better off with the tag as under dogs!

Tbh fuck being underdogs.
    We shouldnt be hoping teams underestimate us. We should be making them fear playing us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

God league Sunday is crap, not one clip or report from the game.

Surely RTE could throw up links to games they didn't broadcast so we could download them.

Does anyone know if todays game will be on TG4 or anything?

HillFarmer wrote: »
    God league Sunday is crap, not one clip or report from the game.

Surely RTE could throw up links to games they didn't broadcast so we could download them.

Does anyone know if todays game will be on TG4 or anything?

No cameras there today so wont be on the TV.

League Sunday was rubbish alright, not a single second of hurling analysis.

shoddy14 wrote: »

Agree 100%. Fukk em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Do you think they might have had any in the press box? Kinda scandalous if not. Have to say I'd be really disappointed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Chinpool wrote: »
    Tbh fuck being underdogs.
    We shouldnt be hoping teams underestimate us. We should be making them fear playing us.

Dead right. We're always underdogs against Kilkenny and it's never done us any good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭shoddy14

deiseach wrote: »
    Dead right. We're always underdogs against Kilkenny and it's never done us any good!

I doubt its because what analysts say when we play against Kilkenny is the reason we lose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Deskjockey wrote: »

haha Good stuff. Nice of them to include my youtube vid for the 2004 Munster Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Stayed up til 3am to listen to the game and I'm fcuking delighted I did! Well done lads, great stuff. Always getting a win over a team as good as Tipp is welcome. It seemed the willingness to win the dirty ball was there and the likes of Moran, O'Halloran, Nagle, Prender, SOS, Dillon all did very well, not to mention the backs-they have been excellent in this league. Once upon a time we leaked goals left, right and centre but we're able to keep teams out which is great to see.
    Scully deserves great credit to be fair, he's getting the best out of the lads.

It says on wikipedia NHL 2013 page that the top three teams in 1A qualify for the semis, how is this possible? Is it not like last year where the top team qualifies straight for the league final and then 2nd v 3rd in a semi? So basically, beat Galway next week and we're into a league final?

Cake Man wrote: »
    Stayed up til 3am to listen to the game and I'm fcuking delighted I did! Well done lads, great stuff. Always getting a win over a team as good as Tipp is welcome. It seemed the willingness to win the dirty ball was there and the likes of Moran, O'Halloran, Nagle, Prender, SOS, Dillon all did very well, not to mention the backs-they have been excellent in this league. Once upon a time we leaked goals left, right and centre but we're able to keep teams out which is great to see.
    Scully deserves great credit to be fair, he's getting the best out of the lads.

It says on wikipedia NHL 2013 page that the top three teams in 1A qualify for the semis, how is this possible? Is it not like last year where the top team qualifies straight for the league final and then 2nd v 3rd in a semi? So basically, beat Galway next week and we're into a league final?

Same as last year Cake Man. Top 3 teams go into the semi finals. 1A winner plays the 1B winner and 1A 2nd plays 1A 3rd

Last year the semi finals were KK v Clare and Cork v Tipp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Do you think they might have had any in the press box? Kinda scandalous if not. Have to say I'd be really disappointed now.

None at all just photo coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

I think while its the best management possible that we could get for this job that they have a serious job on their hands all the same.
    He has a squad of talented sticksmen no doubt but there seems to be no willingness to battle for the dirty ball unlike Waterford today. While the old management werent up to the job if im being honest i think they had a job on their hands given some of the personnel they have to deal with. The likes of Lar and Seamus Callinan etc are all terrific hurlers we know too well but its not worth squat if you are getting muscled off the ball with little fightback

Fair enough, can see where you are coming from. There was no shortage of fight from Tipp in 2010 & 2011, at least when you came up against Kilkenny. It was a pity Sheedy & O'Shea stepped down when they did, I think it seriously dented the momentum built up. Is there feeling within Tipp that, that momentum can be regained, or is it a case of a valuable year having being lost I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

Think Kiaran O Connor said on WLR today that TG4 would be showing highlights
    of the match on Monday night, not sure what time.

Actually I've just remembered that one guy with a video tripod walked by me as I was heading home. So there should be some coverage appearing somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Well the programme says there'll be highlight son TG4 tomorrow but Id say if theres 90 seconds of highlights we're doing well..

Never mind the highlights, you can feel like you were there by reading my match report, with evocative images like this one:

13-Waterford-v-Tipperary-24-March-2013-500x375.jpg

Um, probably best to hope for some highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

deiseach wrote: »
    Never mind the highlights, you can feel like you were there by reading my match report, with evocative images like this one:
    Um, probably best to hope for some highlights.
    Whenever we win one like this one of my first thoughts is "I can't wait to see what deiseach makes of this!"

Great read as always. I always get stuck beside those types too!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

A marvellous and well-deserved victory for Waterford. I thought it was going to be another very frustrating experience, especially when Lar Corbett got clear possession on the right wing just after Waterford had equalised, but he underhit his shot into the wind and it dropped short to Iggy O’Regan.

On the balance of play, Waterford really should have been well clear at half time, despite playing into the stiff wind. Although the defence did very well in terms of gaining possession, they gifted Tipp several points through misplaced passes and poor clearances. Meanwhile at the other end several good chances were wasted through underhitting shots into the wind. I think Brian O’Halloran was guilty of this three times.

It may be that Waterford relaxed expecting the game to come to them with wind assistance in the second half, but Tipp really upped their work rate after the change of ends and dominated the third quarter. Like against Kilkenny last week, Waterford couldn’t win a ball in the half forward line, and really we need to vary our puckout tactics to adjust to situations like this. Also, Waterford kept sending shortish balls down the wings rather than trying a few long balls into the goalmouth. In fact, the first time they tried this Seamus Prendergast made a great catch, and Cathal McAllister was too quick to blow for a free after Pender put Brian O’Sullivan in with a clear goal chance.

However, when push came to shove, Waterford really took over in the last ten minutes, with Brick making some marvellous clearances and Jamie Nagle thundering into the game. In the closing minutes they dug out the ball in a series of schemozzles around midfield, again showing the fantastic fighting spirit which has characterised this team since the league began.

I thought our goose was cooked when Pauric Mahony missed those two frees in a row, and really they should try out Jake Dillon as we need more reliability here. However, the three points which won it for Waterford were out of the top drawer – first Jamie Barron from a difficult angle out on the right wing, then Jake Dillon off his left out on the left, and then Kevin Moran’s coup de grace. Full marks to Brian O’Sullivan for constantly harassing Brendan Cummins as he came out along the end line trying to clear. Eventually Cummins was forced to make a loose clearance which Moran snapped up out on the left sideline. He did really well to evade two markers without fouling the ball, and then fired a magnificent ball over the bar.

Iggy O’Regan got no shot to save, which is a great tribute to the defence, but he did send two puckouts out over the sideline in the first half. His puckouts were very predictable, high up into the air in the first half against the wind and while he got good length into them with the wind in the second half, they were still easily won by the Tipp half back line.
    The full back line did really well after a dodgy enough opening few minutes. Seamus Callanan did get five points from play, but he got a good supply of ball in from out the field and no full back in the country can match his pace. Brick was magnificent at centre back but we were weak enough at wing back for most of the game, and this is where we need to step up if we are to get more scores up front. I thought that Jamie Nagle was poor for 60 minutes, making a lot of mistakes and using the ball poorly, although he did make a big contribution to the late fightback. I thought that Paudie Prendergast struggled a bit on the other side, and was surprised that Darragh Fives was not brought in here.

Once again,Shane O’Sullivan won a lot of ball in midfield, but took too much out of it at times and ran into trouble. Not everything went right for Kevin Moran, who started at midfield, but he kept at it and overall made a big contribution.

Brian O’Halloran played a lot of ball in the first half and scored two good points, but should have got more and faded out, with the rest of the half forward line, in the second half and was replaced by Darragh Fives. Seamus Pender as usual did a lot of hard work. Maurice Shanahan found it very hard to get possession, but the two good possessions he got in the first half led to the goal and a pointed free. He still needs a couple of games to recover full match fitness. He was replaced by Brian O’Sullivan midway through the second half.

Jamie Barron, apart from scoring 1-1, was very impressive with his work rate, ability to rob players in possession, and ability to look up under pressure and lay the ball off. Jake Dillon made his mark with two good points. While Martin O’Neill’s free-taking was impeccable, he made little impact in general play and was replaced in the final quarter by Pauric Mahony who used his strength to win a couple of vital 50/50 balls late on.. Waterford do need to figure out better ways of playing good ball into a forward line mostly made up of players of low stature.

The great thing about this team so far in the league is that, despite the relative inexperience of a lot of the players, they are playing a lot of good skillful and thoughtful hurling, while showing great collective fighting spirit. Today’s win, and the manner of it, were a great tonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Great win today. Everyone on the team battled hard. After a poor start to the second half it was great that they kept the heads and the belief. Moran's winner was as good a score as you'll see and we'll deserved after a great display. One question, do we have any free takers who hold the Hurley the orthodox way? For long range frees or going for goal from closer in the players who hold the Hurley the "wrong way" don't seem to generate enough power.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 fizzyboy

Thanks...great report.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Is the Waterford V Galway match next weekend in Waterford or in Galway??

A fairly exciting last days actions awaits. Technically every team can still be in the relegation play off or in the semi finals.
    Galway, along with being a point off the main bunch, have the worst scoring average @-10

From a Clare pov, a KK win over Cork doubled with a Waterford win over Galway would be fine and dandy :D

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Is the Waterford V Galway match next weekend in Waterford or in Galway??

In Walsh Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Great win today. Everyone on the team battled hard. After a poor start to the second half it was great that they kept the heads and the belief. Moran's winner was as good a score as you'll see and we'll deserved after a great display. One question, do we have any free takers who hold the Hurley the orthodox way? For long range frees or going for goal from closer in the players who hold the Hurley the "wrong way" don't seem to generate enough power.

What to you mean the wrong way? a right handed hurler will have his right hand on top and catch the ball in his left hand, a left handed hurler will have his left hand on top and will catch the ball in his right, these are both the 'right way'

some unorthodox ways (or the wrong way) would be different variations of switching hands, like have the right hand on top of the hurley to catch the ball in your left, throwing up the ball and placing your left hand on top when striking (Gary Kirby, Richie Mullaly),

I dont think any of our current team hurl this way or I would not call any hurler on our team an unorthodox hurler, Paul Codd would have been another exampl of an unorthodox hurler.

Are you mixing up left handed hurlers and unorthodox hurlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

noiniho wrote: »
    What to you mean the wrong way? a right handed hurler will have his right hand on top and catch the ball in his left hand, a left handed hurler will have his left hand on top and will catch the ball in his right, these are both the 'right way'

some unorthodox ways (or the wrong way) would be different variations of switching hands, like have the right hand on top of the hurley to catch the ball in your left, throwing up the ball and placing your left hand on top when striking (Gary Kirby, Richie Mullaly),

I dont think any of our current team hurl this way or I would not call any hurler on our team an unorthodox hurler, Paul Codd would have been another exampl of an unorthodox hurler.

Are you mixing up left handed hurlers and unorthodox hurlers?

I think the most common unorthodox style is to hold the hurl in the left hand, but to strike on the right. In doing so you get to catch with your right hand.

A lot of goalkeepers go with this style. Paul Codd and JJ Delaney are a couple of examples of outfield players who use it.

kensutz wrote: »
    In Walsh Park

You sure of this Ken? Someone in work this morning was saying it was Dungarvan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Definitely Walsh Park. 3.00 throw in.

You sure of this Ken? Someone in work this morning was saying it was Dungarvan

Yep, last I heard (yesterday) that it was in Walsh Park

Definitely Walsh Park. 3.00 throw in.
    Yep, last I heard (yesterday) that it was in Walsh Park

Thanks lads, in Boardsies we trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭noiniho

hardybuck wrote: »
    I think the most common unorthodox style is to hold the hurl in the left hand, but to strike on the right. In doing so you get to catch with your right hand.

A lot of goalkeepers go with this style. Paul Codd and JJ Delaney are a couple of examples of outfield players who use it.

JJ delaney of course, I remember reading Wayne Sherlock had an unorthodox grip but got it coached out of him

I dont think anyone on our team hurls in an unorthodox fashion is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

In Walsh Park

I heard that the sod was in excellent condition yesterday. Fair play to the ground staff if this was the case - a lot of pitches up and down the country are closed after the recent weather.

JJ is a lefy but I'm almost certain Paul Codd had the right hand on top, took frees off the left is all (this is the Wexford Codd right).

IMO being left handed can be an advantage for forwards shooting off the right in tight corners, a la Joe Deane. Really tidy swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Paul Codd hurled correctly as does JJ Delaney, both use their dominant hand on top and when they strike off their dominant side throw the ball under, the unorthodox hurler switches his grip mid strike, ie puts the throwing/catching hand on top of the hurley, ie aidan fogarty, walter walsh, gary kirby, barry foley, kevin hennessy for example...below is a simple explanation, though i would hazard a guess and say most here on this board would struggle to get their head around it.

A player’s development will be severely impeded if he/she starts with nondominant
    hand on top. Some respected coaches say there is up to 50% loss in potential.
    Starting players correctly then is of utmost importance to the player’s development and
    enjoyment as well as a club’s ability to raise playing standards.
    Changing a player’s grip is difficult for player and coach but where both parties are willing it is certainly possible and very rewarding. Babs Keating and John Fenton, both supreme stylistsand legends of the game, changed from unorthodox to orthodox grip.Left-handed or cíotóg players need good models and sensitive coaches because theyare the minority. A coach should learn how to demonstrate left-handed for the two or three players in every panel e.g JJ Delaney (Kilkenny), Paul Kelly (Tipperary) and Jerry Quinn (Clare). Nowadays every player will write with their dominant hand, this is nearly the only safe way of determining hand dominance. Very small hurleys used in a one-handed game with light air balls will help guarantee dominant hand on top.
    Change:
    It takes 3 weeks to change an old habit.
    It takes 3 more weeks to learn the new skill.
    It takes 3 further weeks for the new skill to become a habit.
    It would take 9 weeks for the player to experience the full advantage of changing.
    9 weeks seems forever to a child but in overall career, it’s a small price to pay for
    years ofenjoyment
    A number of methods can be adapted to encourage children to change to the
    dominant hand.

Does anyone have a definitive answer as to how ties work after the final round of games? I'm guessing that head-to-heads count if there are only two teams level on the same number of points but it comes down to points difference if there are three (or more) teams on the same number of points. It would be a pain to finish level with both Clare and Tipperary and find that despite head-to-heads supposedly mattering more they no longer count because there are three teams involved. Still, we have a lot of slack built in - beat Galway, draw with Galway, only lose by a point to Galway, hope there is a winner from both the Kilkenny-Cork and Clare-Tipp games - before we need to start worrying about the playoff. And we'd still have the playoff!

JJ is a lefy but I'm almost certain Paul Codd had the right hand on top, took frees off the left is all (this is the Wexford Codd right).

IMO being left handed can be an advantage for forwards shooting off the right in tight corners, a la Joe Deane. Really tidy swing

eh, the same would be true the opposite way around in the other corner, so actually there is no advantage:rolleyes:

eh, the same would be true the opposite way around in the other corner, so actually there is no advantage:rolleyes:

I don't mean from the right hand side of the pitch, I mean shooting off your right hand side.
    For me Joe Deane is the epitome of this, needs so little space, even less than a right handed hurler shooting off his left (then again its partly due to Deane himself)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Giveitfong

When Peter Power was coaching in the schools he would get the players to put their hurleys in a pile and then would throw a hurley at each player to see which hand he used to catch it. This was his way of establishing which was the player's dominant hand. A player who caught/held the hurley in his right hand was a right-handed player and vice versa. He would then get players to play the ball on the side of the dominant hand i.e. right-handed players would play off their right side and vice-versa for left-handed players. I am told that Ken McGrath started off as a boy holding the hurley in the wrong hand i.e. he held the hurley in his left hand although he was naturally right-handed. A perceptive teacher is supposed to have corrected his style which can be difficult to do when a player gets older.

It seems to be the general view of coaches that playing off the non-dominant side leads to a lack of efficiency and speed of striking. Despite this, a lot of top left-handed players still play off their right side, including JJ Delaney and Padraig Maher. Kilkenny's Frank Cummins was one left-handed player who always played off his left side. Of course, most top players nowadays can play the ball off both sides.

Iggy O'Regan is unusual in holding the hurley in his right hand but playing off his left side. Kevin Moran is left-handed and prefers to play off that side (thankfully, in view of yesterday's superb winning point). This is also the case with Martin O'Neill. Pauric Mahony takes the frees off his right side although he seems to be more comfortable playing off his left in general play. Both Maurice Shanahan and Brian O'Halloran are left-handed players who prefer to play off their left side. Dan Shanahan was also a left-handed player who was very weak on this right side which made him easy to mark as he wasn't capable of doing much damage once you kept him on his right side. He was able to make up for this by ghosting unmarked into scoring positions.

Probably the best way to figure out a player's dominant hand is to watch which hand they use to carry the hurley when they are running without the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I heard that the sod was in excellent condition yesterday. Fair play to the ground staff if this was the case - a lot of pitches up and down the country are closed after the recent weather.

Credit where its due, it was very good there yesterday. It dried very well since Saturday.

I don't mean from the right hand side of the pitch, I mean shooting off your right hand side.
    For me Joe Deane is the epitome of this, needs so little space, even less than a right handed hurler shooting off his left (then again its partly due to Deane himself)

i know what you meant, but if joe deane had to strike from the opposite corner, by your logic, wouldnt he fall under the same problems that a right handed hurler would?
    it was joe deanes short grip, close ball control and low stature is what made him so hard to stop

Giveitfong wrote: »
    When Peter Power was coaching in the schools he would get the players to put their hurleys in a pile and then would throw a hurley at each player to see which hand he used to catch it. This was his way of establishing which was the player's dominant hand. A player who caught/held the hurley in his right hand was a right-handed player and vice versa. He would then get players to play the ball on the side of the dominant hand i.e. right-handed players would play off their right side and vice-versa for left-handed players. I am told that Ken McGrath started off as a boy holding the hurley in the wrong hand i.e. he held the hurley in his left hand although he was naturally right-handed. A perceptive teacher is supposed to have corrected his style which can be difficult to do when a player gets older.

It seems to be the general view of coaches that playing off the non-dominant side leads to a lack of efficiency and speed of striking. Despite this, a lot of top left-handed players still play off their right side, including JJ Delaney and Padraig Maher. Kilkenny's Frank Cummins was one left-handed player who always played off his left side. Of course, most top players nowadays can play the ball off both sides.

Iggy O'Regan is unusual in holding the hurley in his right hand but playing off his left side. Kevin Moran is left-handed and prefers to play off that side (thankfully, in view of yesterday's superb winning point). This is also the case with Martin O'Neill. Pauric Mahony takes the frees off his right side although he seems to be more comfortable playing off his left in general play. Both Maurice Shanahan and Brian O'Halloran are left-handed players who prefer to play off their left side. Dan Shanahan was also a left-handed player who was very weak on this right side which made him easy to mark as he wasn't capable of doing much damage once you kept him on his right side. He was able to make up for this by ghosting unmarked into scoring positions.

Probably the best way to figure out a player's dominant hand is to watch which hand they use to carry the hurley when they are running without the ball.

man, you have that totally arseways....maurice holds the hurley with his right hand on top but strikes off his left hand side, halloran holds it with his left hand on top but prefers to strike off his right hand side, its the same style only the opposite way around. martin o neill would be the same style as maurice and not moran. paudie would be the same as described for halloran.

i dont think that was ever an issue with any coach of substance that ive ever encountered, whether a young lad catches the hurley with his right or left hand on top as his dominant hand or what side his prefered or stronger side to strike from, their issue is with guys switching grip ala aidan fogarty and gary kirby and not developing their striking off both sides.

if you cant strike the ball comfortably off left & right in this day and age your at a big disadvantage.
    One of the earliest things that should be bred into kids is the importance of using left and right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭seananigans

In the case of a leftie, the impact would be softened,given from the day we are born everything from buttons on clothes to buttons on a microwave are designed for righties, indeed most lefties end up using a moue right handed too.

This gives rise to a situation where i am slightly better right handed at darts,play snooker lefty,box orthodox hurl left handed, and bat in softball left handed, while playing right handed outfield.

I cant speak for inter county hurling ,but lefties tend to be more adaptable, and likely are better in the right wing ,most likely making them an easier pick for a manager.

And would it be an advantage for a goalie? given that most players would hit it to their good side out of habit/ in line with a righthanders natural swing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

WumBuster wrote: »
    Funny listening to Tom Dempsey saying how Galway will beat us and we'll still end up in a relegation play off. These hurling analysts must get the shock of their lives anytime we win a match. Well done Mick Ryan, he's certainly proving a lot of people wrong, maybe some Sunday Ill open a newspaper and find someone actually predicting a Waterford win for a change.

Why do RTE go for such experts. The only way Waterford can end up in a relegation game is if they loose to Galway and the other two games are to end in a draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

(1) Who would you have him on ahead of? Couldn't fault anybody from 2-9 over the last 4 games really.

(2) Did he not say that Cork and Galway would be in the relegation final, thought that was what he said.

(1). His best position is wing back. Take off Dungarvan's Jamie Nagle or Kevin Moran, the Captain. Could fit him in that way. :D

(2) He changed his mind a few times.

• Advertisement

Black Suir wrote: »
    Why do RTE go for such experts. The only way Waterford can end up in a relegation game is if they loose to Galway and the other two games are to end in a draw.

Just a small note. A loss to Galway and one of the other games ending in a draw could see us in the relegation play off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement