Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭deisefolife

Yep humour equals cocky

I'm glad you seen the funny side of it.

a bit of humour goes a long way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

All the talk is about Whether Tony will be up to the pace I for one trust Tony his reading of the game is unbelievable an it is equally backed up by his distribution into the forwards,but I am personally more worried about the lack of hurling paudie mahony has got in the past 3 months, he's a talent no doubt there but he's a rusty one going into a munster final an I'm told Maurice is on the frees so I'm baffled as to his inclusion for this one now I'm not in any way knockin him I just simply can't see how a player who hasn't even played a competitive club game warrants a starting place in a final,surely be better to spring him off the bench for this one an have Molumphy on the wing instead with Foley or Twomey in midfield, the 2 wing forwards not the most physical they are up against it, I pray to god I'm wrong here tho... Up The Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

That was at the request of the munster council as to ensure Waterford actually turn up, didnt want to frighten them away;)
    good 1,

Wallet ? check, phone ? check, sambo,s ,ribs ? check,..........dream a little .........wake up as Michael Ryan ,,,Stephen O' Keeffe ?Check,,,Noel Conners ?check,,,Liam Lawlor ?check,,,,oh to be Waterford senior hurling manager on a day like today ,surrounded by the finest in the county and the challenge of beating Tipp in a Munster final . DEISE ABU

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Wallet ? check, phone ? check, sambo,s ,ribs ? check,..........dream a little .........wake up as Michael Ryan ,,,Stephen O' Keeffe ?Check,,,Noel Conners ?check,,,Liam Lawlor ?check,,,,oh to be Waterford senior hurling manager on a day like today ,surrounded by the finest in the county and the challenge of beating Tipp in a Munster final . DEISE ABU

Don't forget to add some tickets to that checklist :)

Hope everyone else travelling enjoys the day! My blind optimism is matched only by my hangover, will see which passes first :)

Up the Deise!!

• Advertisement

C'mon the deise bring our 11th Munster title home :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Best of luck to the lads today. Come on the fcuking Déise!

what's the score in the minor game.???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Come on Waterford!! We will be shouting for ye from Perth!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

what's the score in the minor game.???

wlrfm.com listen live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

I must say, fair play to the lads, the're really giving it hell. Game plan seems more like that of the Justin era, it's power and passion. Great stuff.

keep the passion no soft goals,and it is won

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Good first half for us, hope we can keep it up. If we can stop Tipp scoring goals we've a decent chance

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

keep the passion no soft goals,and it is won
    Hah, not quite that easy! Need a goal or two ourself. Tipp will hit target better this half.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Enjoyable game, I felt Tip always had the capability to push on and get their scores easier. Lar in particular had a number of goal chances but decided to pass and they failed to score. Cummins was kept involved throughout but the goal that Waterford craved never arrived.
    The draw in the morning will be very interesting indeed!

goals win games,no more true than this year,lets hope for limerick in the draw

wlrfm.com listen live

i didn't the have time to listen to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

who would ye like in the qualifiers. Would love a crack of Cork again, not so much Limerick they are on a good roll atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

who would ye like in the qualifiers. Would love a crack of Cork again, not so much Limerick they are on a good roll atm.

Cork would love Waterford as well

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Well no offence to Waterford, but neither Limerick nor Cork want to draw KK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭skaface

Not to bothered who we play, be it Cork or Limerick.
    If we can play to our strengths and just be a bit more consistant for 70 mins
    i think we would fear neither Cork or Limerick, just hope we can lift it again for
    two weeks time.Thought the managment made a big mistake not letting Moran
    stay on Corbett in the second half, he ran Tony Browne all over the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Dissapointed. We played really well and i thought Tipp were there for the taking today but we just didnt kick on, instead they did. Tipp are like a well oiled machine, they are very measured in their passing and they seem to know where each other is at all times. We rely to much on spontaneity. We had a number of goal chances,but didnt take them, also missed a few goal chances against Clare, really need to be more clinical in front of goal. All that aside, if we play aswell the next day and take our chances more we have a good chance of reaching an All Ireland semi final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

limerick, cork and waterford are all about the same standard at the moment, i've a sneaky feeling limerick will draw kilkenny and run them close, which is a pity as i would expect limerick to knock over waterford if they drew them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

donfers wrote: »
    limerick, cork and waterford are all about the same standard at the moment, i've a sneaky feeling limerick will draw kilkenny and run them close, which is a pity as i would expect limerick to knock over waterford if they drew them
    I wouldnt like to face Limerick as they are on a nice roll. But i think we are better than them and cork. Also waterford will bounce back after today i wouldn't like to meet them being honest, just ask galway after last years quarter final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

I wouldnt like to face Limerick as they are on a nice roll. But i think we are better than them and cork. Also waterford will bounce back after today i wouldn't like to meet them being honest, just ask galway after last years quarter final

Think Limerick or Cork will beat Waterford, lots of miles ran up on that Deise team in the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭Cake Man

That second fcuking goal just killed us but what really put the final nail in our coffin was the 4 or 5 silly wides just after it. If we got those we could have gone into the last 5-10mins only a oint or two behind or even level.

Still, I'm happy enough with the effort the lads put in. We matched them in the first half and responded to their goal with some really good points but in the end, their class told and began to pull away and find the posts a bit easier than us.
    Moran, Brick, Molumphy, Philip Mahony, Mullane all did well IMO. Prendergast won some good ball too. In general, all the backs actually did quite well and snuffed out numerous goal chances. Not much went for Shane Walsh or GOB, they'll have better days, Paudric was ok but match fitness told when he was subbed. We just couldn't get that goal we badly needed in the last 20mins. To be fair the Tipp backs did well to keep us out and Cummins made some good stops.

Overall, not too disheartened. Cork or Limerick next, won't mind which. I'll just be happy that it'll be in Thurles at least. We'd have no fear of either and fancy our chances, just as they would too tbh. Well done lads, ye gave it a good lash, few pints tonight, back training on Tuesday and heads down for a 1/4 final.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I rate Waterford fairly highly, but you can be sure that neither Cork or Limerick will collapse like Galway last year. Galway were a very poor team last year, their performances against Dublin and Waterford were absolutely disgraceful. They hid behind wins against even poorer Clare and Cork teams. Luckily all 3 teams have come on a long way this year which makes for a more competitive championship.

I think that whoever plays Waterford it will be a cracking match. The Munster Championship delivered 4 brilliant games this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

So much waste :( 4 bad wides from frees, clumsy wides from play, 2/3 clear goal chances wasted because they just wouldnt pass the fcuking ball :mad:
    And that was all in the space of about 15 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

For Waterford it was certainly a game of 2 halves, first half was very good, second half very poor. After a rousing finish to the first half I thought we could kick on the second, but ultimately extremely poor shooting and also decisions when attacking cost us dearly. A return of 16 points in a championship game is simply not good enough at all and only 5 in the second half is terrible. Moran was fantastic, should have stayed on Lar for the second half, other strong performances from Molumphy, Seamus and Maurice (apart from his free taking), O Keeffe in goals, Mullane and Connors.

Mixed emotions overall, its a big improvement on last year, and now we are on the opposite side of KK in the draw, but we were in with a right chance up till the 2nd Tipp goal. Plenty for them to work on ahead of the quarter final, but if we can improve our shooting and put 2 halves in like the first half today we have every chance of making an All Ireland semi final

Also, never again will I go to Pairc Ui Caoimh for a championship match in its current guise. Absolute shambles of a place

• Advertisement

So much waste :( 4 bad wides from frees, clumsy wides from play, 2/3 clear goal chances wasted because they just wouldnt pass the fcuking ball :mad:
    And that was all in the space of about 15 minutes!
    spot on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement