Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭mccarthy37

Que the troll... Didnt think Id be the one to take the bait!!! Silly me:o

you wont find anything bad said Sean Og or Joe Deane here if thats what your looking for. The regular posters here are genuine supporters who have passionate discussions but like a bit of banter aswell. There are other sites such as AFR and the like which are more suited to your type in which you can discuss childish narrow-minded b*****t full with the other all the other trolls.

TOUCHE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Rite so thats settled then we are a bunch of bitter twisted mofo's with a huge inferiority complex. You should have said so earlier! Why is that? Is it because we are the smallest county in Munster, or years looking at Cork and Tipp winning All irelands? Or is it because of people like Brian Corcoran writing books about us being bottlers lacking respect when the amount of titanic battles with us he was involved? You are really opening doors to my mind here, getting me thinking about things I never though about before. Well done.

BTW If we can cook Cork's goose next week Ill be the happiest gorsoon in Munster! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

It's a shame that there's no Waterford fans on the PROC site.We have a Meath man two Dubs a Kildare man as well as a Kerry and Kilkenny fan as regular posters.

whys that cos u get ur kicks out slagging people from counties that have won less than you? It makes you feel good about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

WumBuster wrote: »
    Rite so thats settled then we are a bunch of bitter twisted mofo's with a huge inferiority complex. You should have said so earlier! Why is that? Is it because we are the smallest county in Munster, or years looking at Cork and Tipp winning All irelands? Or is it because of people like Brian Corcoran writing books about us being bottlers lacking respect when the amount of titanic battles with us he was involved? You are really opening doors to my mind here, getting me thinking about things I never though about before. Well done.

BTW If we can cook Cork's goose next week Ill be the happiest gorsoon in Munster! :)

Brian Corcoran gave plenty of praise to Waterford in that book as for the our world their world thing.That's a thing that the mental preparation coach would write about all of Corks opposition that time.To be honest fair play to Brian for giving his opinion.As far as im concened Brian Corcoran was a great player,a great man and he always played the game the way it should be played.He didn't write tired old cliches and plamasings he just gave his opinion and gave an insight into the Cork camp at that time.Jack O'Connor the Kerry managers book was the same.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

whys that cos u get ur kicks out slagging people from counties that have won less than you? It makes you feel good about yourself?

That's you're words not mine.Are you afraid that you won't be able to stand the heat or something!

• Advertisement

The u21s game coming on TG4 now. Hope the lads can get the reward all their hard work deserves. Hon the Deise

That's you're words not mine.Are you afraid that you won't be able to stand the heat or something!

:eek:

The u21s game coming on TG4 now. Hope the lads can get the reward all their hard work deserves. Hon the Deise

Feckit I got no TG4 for some reason anywhere I can get a stream?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Feckit I got no TG4 for some reason anywhere I can get a stream?

They have a live player on the website afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

1-4 to 0-1 down.

Way off the pace so far, Clare's forwards look far sharper on the ball, whereas we're struggling for ideas right now. Ball is hit and hope out of defense but their half back line is way more physical and intense than our half forward line - we're not winning any possession.

Only for an incredible save by SOK just now, and 5 or 6 wides from Clare game would be close to being over.

• Advertisement

1-6 - 0-1 We are in big trouble all over the pitch. Cant seem to get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

oh my god,you are sad and obviously very ignorant ,i was in Walsh Park for a league game [im just thinking you probably dont even know where the place is] and Joe Dean was playing his first game for cork since his treatment for testicular cancer and received a standing ovation from almost everyone there ,this was just a show of appreciation of his personal fight,and the fact that we here in Waterford Appreciate top class hurlers ,from Christy Ring to Ben O Connor ,so i would suggest you stick to your langer sites and leave genuine hurling people discuss hurling between like minded people and not mindless idiots, DEISE ABU

h/t 1-11 to 0-04 make no mistake about it this is some Clare team. Unfortanely our big names arent in it at all. 2 Mahonys or Gavin O'Brien havent seen them.

Playing for pride now id fear

HT. Well out of it. We dont do things the easy way if we are going to win this we are going to need some early goals in the 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Beyond chronic. No intensity, no Plan B. It's a very, very good Clare team but that doesn't excuse lack of commitment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,574 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

With 20mins to go ye are more than 5 goals down! that's a real shocker. The games at u21 level have normally been fairly even in Munster of late, not tonight though. Hope it doesn't get much worse.

gutless display

Waterford hurling has been set back 20 years tonight. To watch so many of our 'great white hopes' on that team tonight get completely blown out of the water has left me really really worried about the future. This is a super Clare team which will take some beating but we should not be losing by 20 points.
    Following our minors anihaltion in Thurles I am now wondering where do we go from here. Just hope the seniors can bring us something to smile about on Sunday week to salvage some pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 djfern84

lets just say that was nothing short of disgraceful did the selectors do there job properly id ask the question because some of the players out there were a disgrace how did jake dillon finan murray martin o neill last the full game is baffling .. there was a few who tried like eamonn murphy and sok in goal was solid as usual as for jamie barron he was wasted corner back not that it would have made a difference but hes still not a defender...pumping money into that team all year long for that performance some of these fellas would wanna take the finger out.. they couldnt win there own ball in the forward line time and time again

m quite shocked, tbh. Dont know what happened we just didnt seem at all interested granted Clare were awesome. I dunno if some of these players are being overhyped. the only fellas to come out with any credibility were Stephen o Keefe and maybe Martin O Neill. Along with the hammering the minors got a few weeks ago the future isnt as rosy as we thought it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 dboss

What a scandal performance, Hartly must go but i suppose he will be left there his a ballygunner man, What did it cost to train this team and the beating they got???????????? This is supposed to be the glory days of Waterford hurling at underage bad beating at minor too I wonder will the media boys be complaining about the cost as they were to the underage football teams

m quite shocked, tbh. Dont know what happened we just didnt seem at all interested granted Clare were awesome. I dunno if some of these players are being overhyped. the only fellas to come out with any credibility were Stephen o Keefe and maybe Martin O Neill. Along with the hammering the minors got a few weeks ago the future isnt as rosy as we thought it is.

we looked like a group of lads who were thrown together on the night and never seen each other before. The body language was very bad, no team spirit no team work. A few players obviously didnt even bother trying. Id question the purpose of having an u21 team at this stage the money is best spent elsewhere

The warning signs were clear to be seen in the Intermediate game which featured a good sprinkling of these players from both of these panels, really all I have to say is, this Clare team are going to take some beating. Should make a great Munster Final between Tipp and Clare two counties making great progress at all levels. As for us we are in danger of really slipping back now to an all time low as was blatantly clear from tonight's display.

we looked like a group of lads who were thrown together on the night and never seen each other before. The body language was very bad, no team spirit no team work. A few players obviously didnt even bother trying. Id question the purpose of having an u21 team at this stage the money is best spent elsewhere

Our record at u-21 is shocking in recent years but I suppose we need to keep plugging away. Only possible explanation for the lack effort here that I can think of is maybe the guys on the senior panel wanting to take it easy with the big game next week. And if thats the case they shouldnt have been picked!

Waterford hurling has been set back 20 years tonight. To watch so many of our 'great white hopes' on that team tonight get completely blown out of the water has left me really really worried about the future. This is a super Clare team which will take some beating but we should not be losing by 20 points.
    Following our minors anihaltion in Thurles I am now wondering where do we go from here. Just hope the seniors can bring us something to smile about on Sunday week to salvage some pride.

I wish it was we won the under 21 final in '92'

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16 newyork4sam

A few of the team went heavy on the beer Sunday night and it was
    clear to be seen in their performance

Our record at u-21 is shocking in recent years but I suppose we need to keep plugging away. Only possible explanation for the lack effort here that I can think of is maybe the guys on the senior panel wanting to take it easy with the big game next week. And if thats the case they shouldnt have been picked!

The seniors were ok bar Gavin O'Brien who looked completely out on his feet. Only for SOK it could have been much worse. The Mahonys kept plugging away in fairness. Pauric is only back from a very serious injury. The worry is other guys who we have all been expecting big things from in the future. Maybe too much. We won the Munster minor 3 years ago but what has happened to that team? We looked like we were on the crest of a wave but it looks like it was a false dawn at this stage. Most of this Clare team is only out of minor one or 2 years. Thats scary. It was a real case of men against boys. Clare were so professional in their game plan, work rate, everything. A properly prepared team. We were clueless. Directionless. No plan. Their first touch was so much sharper. God its depressing.

Scully ryan has a big job to lift them young lads for the Cork game after 2 big defeats in a week. Hopefully there will be a backlash. We need to rescue the season as its been a forgettable one for allour county teams so far, football and hurling

A few of the team went heavy on the beer Sunday night and it was
    clear to be seen in their performance

I know its not ideal but a hangover shouldnt take 4 days to heal especially if they are fit Athletic athletes. Clare just looked more focussed and up for it. Ive no doubt they're a much better team than it showed tonight. I think the upcoming senior game must have been a factor, whereas the Clare lads have nothing else to focus on for the summer but the u-21 championship. The lack of intensity was shocking I dont know if i can remember us winning one 50/50 and everytime a Clare lad was on the ball he seemed to have acres of space and everytime one of the Waterford fellas had the ball there were 3 or 4 Clare lads around him. We seemed tired and lacked fitness too. Dillon, o halloran and O Brien for the reputations they are supposed to have were hugely dissapointing.Its not the end of the world but its a big blow as that was supposed to be one of the best u-21 sides we've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Cake Man

So disappointed over that performance tonight, we were shocking. Don't think one 50:50 ball was won, half forward line non existant and only 2 or 3 came out with any credibility. Think it was 23mins before Martin O'Neill got his first touch of the ball, O'Brien, O'Halloran, Dillon and O'Neill never got into it.
    The warning signs were there long before that intermediate game a few weeks ago, this group of players have been playing the same group of Clare players in minor the last few years so it's not like we could say we didn't know how good they were going to be.

I'll be honest and say I didn't expect to win, it was always going to be a big ask but I was at least expecting to run them close and make a fist of it but it was curtains after Clare got their first goal tbh. 4 points in 30mins is p!ss poor but it didn't help when we couldn't win a ball or break anywhere on the pitch.

This result coupled with the hockeying the minors got to Tipp a few weeks ago has been disastrous and has surely put us back years. Hammerings seem to be occuring too often for my liking at underage the last few years. So sickened after tonight, I don't want to even think about it anymore.

• Advertisement

Waterford have a decent enough record at minor and at colleges level but for some reason they can't get it together at u21 level.Is it a management issue like Cork at underage level or what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement