Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is something way more trivial, it's baking-related. When you're reading recipes or watching videos on the web, they seldom tell you what size of a baking tin they're using. This makes a huge difference in how the bread/cake turns out. Would it kill them to give you the measurements?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

New Home wrote: »
    And that is why the world is going to hell in a handcart. :(:(:(
    Basically the world is run by psychopaths who value their bottom line over human life.

Innit nice when McDs, the coffee companies etc put nice xmas designs on their packaging?
    It makes all the litter so much easier on the eye :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Basically the world is run by psychopaths who value their bottom line over human life.

Why should they care? They're hardly going to be around to pay the consequences of their actions. :/ :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,022 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Not been able to read a Snapchat message without actually opening the message. With some apps I like been able to slide down the notification bar, read the message without opening it and then pretending I didn't see it until the message isn't relevant anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I have a notification on chrome my phone and I don't know what it is or how to get rid of it.
    Oh and its 2.30 and I'm awake :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,487 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Was awake most of the night twisting and turning about something that has made me feel worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

First day back at work after five days off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Journalists still wittering on about that school leggings fake news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Space Dog

The way the big media companies fill us full of unimportant crapola and when something that will really effect us happens they stay silent.
    For eg. they are going to (they might have done it already in fact) dump over a million tonnes of dangerous contaminated water from Fukushima into the ocean. Why? because it is the cheapest option available to them :mad:
    https://globalvoices.org/2020/10/31/decision-to-dump-radioactive-water-from-the-fukushima-nuclear-disaster-site-into-the-ocean-sparks-alarm/

Not a fecking peep about it from any of the big papers or tv news and websites.

The Guardian and other newspapers have reported repeatedly on the topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My sister getting snotty because I made plans with my brother without her. Eh, we're not obliged to do everything en famille, you know. Our other brother and sister couldn't give a fiddler's, like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I get that with Gogglebox that my gf likes. The way he says "Giles and Mary from Wiltshire" does my head in

The guy who does the voiceover on the Irish Gogglebox...Rory whatshisface. (He sounds like he is constantly auditioning for a pantomime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The vaccines..sorry but I just don't want to go back to the 9-5 rat race :(

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭stopthevoting

The pronunciation of NPHET was annoying enough, but now I have just seen it printed as Nphet in a newspaper.

Anytime I see fleece jackets I get annoyed, they feel horrible and look horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Con job, lying, buck passing trades men. You fitted it in the first place. You are the reason it's not been done properly. I'm in no mood, so good luck with me tomorrow. I almost feel sorrow for you, dealing with me in the frame of mind I'm in currently. Almost...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Ads popping up on Boards for something you were actually looking for and when you click on them "no stock". Ah fcuk off then, why advertise them if you haven't got them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

I have difficulty with portion control :rolleyes:

I have difficulty with portion control :rolleyes:

According to the pizza box it serves four people, so I'm eating for four people. I buy "share" bags of sweets because there is a miserable amount in normal bags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Not trivial but watching The Hunger - Story of the Famine and I’m angry and sad.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ads popping up on Boards for something you were actually looking for and when you click on them "no stock". Ah fcuk off then, why advertise them if you haven't got them!!!

Ah this! Boots feckin did that to me during lockdown, kept sending emails telling me to buy their stuff, and when I went onto their webpage, literally everything was sold out. At one stage there was a queue to even get onto the site (where they had nothing).

A related TA is the absolute selfishness of other women who were also pregnant at the time panic buying bulk amounts of maternity supplies, formula etc. from boots. There wasn't a thing to be got, even maternity pads. They had to limit the number of boxes of formula per customer. I just couldn't bulk buy stuff like that thinking about leaving someone else short.

Was in Lidl getting formula and we usually have two boxes - one on the go and a spare so we don't have to run out late at night. So, doing the shopping we'd get two. This particular time there were two boxes left, and I couldn't bring myself to take the second last and the last one so came home with one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

People who use the word cheeky but don't use it to describe someone's behaviour.

'I'm going to have a cheeky take away'

'Cheeky trip to Nandos'

'Let's go for a cheeky pint'

**** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

siblers wrote: »
    People who use the word cheeky but don't use it to describe someone's behaviour.

'I'm going to have a cheeky take away'

'Cheeky trip to Nandos'

'Let's go for a cheeky pint'

**** off.

There's something very British about it.

I've heard sly used a bit here.
    You would sneak out for a sly fag at work.

TA when you are good and watch what you eat all week only to blow it by eating a tonne of rubbish at the weekend.

I need a week away, maybe on the Moon where people don't take any notice, just hang out with some irregular rocks instead.

I've heard sly used a bit here.
    You would sneak out for a sly fag at work.

TA when you are good and watch what you eat all week only to blow it by eating a tonne of rubbish at the weekend.

Another one is 'sneaky'. I'm having a sneaky kebab. No your face is covered in sauces and it's all over your togs. Feck all sneaky about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Neighbours still being unbelievably selfish, talking away loudly at 12.15am about absolute sh1te. Can't wait to give them another nice wake-up tomorrow morning at 6am when I go out for my run. I hate people so much.

Following on from 'cheeky' , 'sly' , and 'sneaky' ; my TA is when some bird (it's always a bird :p - but the way things are going that's subject to change :confused:) comes out with I've been a good girl, cos she's managed to eat less than what she normally does; or summit healthy... or a combo of both..

At a loss as to how eating little, or healthy makes a person think that they've been good :pac: And they usually sound perky and chipper when they trod that line out; which ups the TA factor a few notches more than what it would've been were it uttered matter-of-factedly :D

Neighbours still being unbelievably selfish, talking away loudly at 12.15am about absolute sh1te. Can't wait to give them another nice wake-up tomorrow morning at 6am when I go out for my run. I hate people so much.

Come to the Moon with me. It'll be cool. Probably freezing even :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Bought a new alarm clock with a wake up light function. The wake up light is working grand but for some reason when the clock radio comes on it keeps getting louder and louder. Who uses a clock radio and turns it off as soon as it comes on? Can't figure out how to stop it doing that. I'll usually lie there for a few minutes and listen to the news before I get up. Can't do that with this one as it becomes so loud after about 30 seconds it's unbearable.

So I'm either returning it, or I'm just gonna go back to my old clock radio and put the new one on my husband's side on mute so we get the light but no deafening alarm. He's the one who wants the damn light anyway.

• Advertisement

Reports of people queuing for Penney's from 4am this morning. They are open for the next THREE WEEKS!

Do people think all the pjs (sorry, jammies) are going to sell out? Really, one of the biggest fast fashion retailers is so clueless about operations and stock control that there won't be any pjs left in the country? They will just sell them all in one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The atrocious driving and self-importance of the school-run set.

I have to go for a patch test for my hair colour today - been dyeing my hair for nearly 40 years but it’s a reopened salon who changed hands since the lockdown so I have to go.

More bad news medically. FFS. I actually can't with this anymore.

Your Face wrote: »
    The atrocious driving and self-importance of the school-run set.

Overheard a mom this morning that her kids were 'almost thrown out of the car' in her haste to get to the shops :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Antares35 wrote: »
    Reports of people queuing for Penney's from 4am this morning. They are open for the next THREE WEEKS!

Do people think all the pjs (sorry, jammies) are going to sell out? Really, one of the biggest fast fashion retailers is so clueless about operations and stock control that there won't be any pjs left in the country? They will just sell them all in one day.

A lot of the people in the queue probably need new jammies to go to the shop or the post office in :rolleyes:

My TA, why is there a Whatsapp group for EVERYTHING? Doing fantasy football this year, Castletownman? Wait till I add you to the group, even though there is never any activity on it. I understand creating ones for a stag or something for organising travel/accommodation etc. (when they were a thing :(), but at the same time, I'm happy enough to just know the dates it is on, and if I need anything else I will contact the organiser directly. I don't want nor need to see that completely unrelated viral video for the fifth time.

We have our own family group which is fair enough, but am also part of two separate whatsapp group for my sets of cousins on each side, again which are infrequently used. And what's worse, you feel like you have to remain part of the group because you can't subtly leave and be seen as unsocial.

If I want to contact any of ye, I will on my own accord!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Just had a guy and his wife lose the rag when I suggested to them that blocking 80% of the footpath with their car was not a very civic minded thing to so.

TA the I'm all right Jack so screw everyone else mentality of people who most likely see themselves as decent neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

The phrase SMH.

I don’t mind people using it at all, but when I was younger, I was in a band, and the first gig we played was in The Underground in Dame Street (Dublin) with a punk band called SMH - which stood for “Stroke My Helmet”.

So whenever I see the phrase “SMH” on the interwebs, like “neighbour has let their dog crap all over the footpath again. SMH” I read “Stroke My Helmet”, and think “is that really an appropriate response?”

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Just had a guy and his wife lose the rag when I suggested to them that blocking 80% of the footpath with their car was not a very civic minded thing to so.

TA the I'm all right Jack so screw everyone else mentality of people who most likely see themselves as decent neighbours.
    Oh yeah some people are wound up tighter than a Swiss watch atm. Just waiting to go off on somebody.
    TA omnipitent celebs like Philip Schofield.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭golondrinas

The low pressure warning light coming on( Honda civic) when I decide to swap wheels around. The tyres have the correct pressure . WTF.

I instantly lose all respect for (and in the spirit of the thread, become TA'd by!) any posters who do the following:

Use terms like "buddy", "mate" or "pal" to address another poster.

Accuse someone of "virtue signalling" (special place in hell).

Say that another thread is ====> way.

Have a dig at someone over their username, or say "apt username" as a comeback.

Constantly asking for links and evidence as if we're in a court of law and not an online discussion forum.

Accusing someone of being disingenuous.

Did I mention use of the phrase "virtue signalling".

Even if what they are saying makes perfect sense, I just instantly despise them :D

Also TA the babba is having her afternoon nap on my chest which is fine god I'll miss her when I go back to work, but I've spent twenty minutes trying to open a bar, and every time the wrapper crinkles she stirs. God damnit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Picked up some of those meal packet sachets , handy to have when energy and inspiration are no where to be found.

Just add meat and veg it says..... casserole style dishes so potato and carrots should do it (we are not a veg household) ...didn't bother reading the pack.

Go to use one....425 mls of milk followed by 4 tablespoons of cream...... excellent cream has now become my favourite veg.

The other one wants a tin of tomatoes, which I wasn't exactly expecting either .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,156 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I instantly lose all respect for (and in the spirit of the thread, become TA'd by!) any posters who do the following:

Constantly asking for links and evidence as if we're in a court of law and not an online discussion forum.

Even if what they are saying makes perfect sense, I just instantly despise them :D

I need to add a few to this list.

Posters who end their statements with "FACT" as if doing that has any affect on the veracity of what was said.

Finishing with >close thread

or >you can thank me later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I am so sick of cooking.

And I love cooking. But I'm just over it at this point. Why can't I live with someone like me and get my dinner handed to me every night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Posters who end their statements with "FACT" as if doing that has any affect on the veracity of what was said.

Sure I'll continue...

"Fixed your post for you"

Oh feck off :)

Can I add cocky sarcastic ****ers who patronize you and then go “but you knew that already”.

Sand in the gee for those people!!!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I am so sick of cooking.

And I love cooking. But I'm just over it at this point. Why can't I live with someone like me and get my dinner handed to me every night?

I can’t wait for the forthcoming gender war to go fully mental - I want a man with the training of a 50d Mad Men wife!!!

Also TA the babba is having her afternoon nap on my chest which is fine god I'll miss her when I go back to work, but I've spent twenty minutes trying to open a bar, and every time the wrapper crinkles she stirs. God damnit.

:D At a conservative estimate that must be over 60% of Boards posters there :pac: #oneortwoareaprobablemetoo :p

:D At a conservative estimate that must be over 60% of Boards posters there :pac: #oneortwoareaprobablemetoo :p

I'm probably guilty of one or two myself. TA living in fear of being called on my hypocrisy :D

While we're at confession, bless me father I'm going to Penneys later for fluffy socks and jammies!

I'm probably guilty of one or two myself. TA living in fear of being called on my hypocrisy :D

While we're at confession, bless me father I'm going to Penneys later for fluffy socks and jammies!

Mebbe you're being disingenuous there Antares, and being diplomatically magnanimous for t'sake of thread harmony :D

Tekkin one for t'team :pac:

TA was coaxed into buying euromillions today.. E3.50 a pop - WTF! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The phrase SMH.

I don’t mind people using it at all, but when I was younger, I was in a band, and the first gig we played was in The Underground in Dame Street (Dublin) with a punk band called SMH - which stood for “Stroke My Helmet”.

So whenever I see the phrase “SMH” on the interwebs, like “neighbour has let their dog crap all over the footpath again. SMH” I read “Stroke My Helmet”, and think “is that really an appropriate response?”

I have previously looked up what SMH means. I remember looking it up. But I can never remember what it means. So my silly head, in the most ridiculously overblown fake southern American accent, always says 'Seriousleh ma homie' anytime I see it. I'm TA'd with myself for this potentially racist nonsense. :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement