Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Why not just sign for it and then take your next order else where.
    I don't see how leaving yourself without the product for another few weeks helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭billyhead

Has anyone brought supplements from these and if so are they reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Limousine Fred

ormondprop wrote: »
    hate coffee so thats a no go, i found the mega pump very good and it had creatine so was handy but i'm getting too used to it now and not gettin much of a buzz, so goin to give it a break, what protein and creatine do you recommend and where to buy them for good value, have about 75 euro left on the credit card and its burning a serious hole in my pocket:D
    anyone ever try myprotein hurricane xs
    Nearly finished my first pouch of xs. Won't be getting it again, far cheaper to buy all separate especially with the recommended doses they give. Never got spots so bad on my back from any other supp either big thumbs down!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭Esse85

Rycn wrote: »
    It was clearly a once off accident or mix-up of some sort, they hardly chose you out of all of their huge number of customers to "fcuk around with".
    Its happened to a number of people, I didnt raise the issue, another poster did, I've read about similar fcuk up's from this company on various forums.

Mellor wrote: »
    Why not just sign for it and then take your next order else where.
    I don't see how leaving yourself without the product for another few weeks helps.
    I wouldnt reward bad customer service with my hard earned cash, that is why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just a few questions.

My situation is I'm a 21 year old, 5"8', 71kg/156lbs lad that is in generally good shape, but I would like to get a more "defined"(for want of a better word) look to myself. Just starting back in the gym and intend to bulk the body while also keeping up the cardio too.

Question being: Today I got "Precision Engineered High Potency Creatine Powder", is there any need for the bulking stage that is suggested? And should I take whey protein/shakes/etc along with it? Not too knowledgeable on the subject. I have read through a good bit of this thread already and there have been some good tips, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭SpookyBastard

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Didn't want to start a new thread as it's just a few questions.

My situation is I'm a 21 year old, 5"8', 71kg/156lbs lad that is in generally good shape, but I would like to get a more "defined"(for want of a better word) look to myself. Just starting back in the gym and intend to bulk the body while also keeping up the cardio too.

Question being: Today I got "Precision Engineered High Potency Creatine Powder", is there any need for the bulking stage that is suggested? And should I take whey protein/shakes/etc along with it? Not too knowledgeable on the subject. I have read through a good bit of this thread already and there have been some good tips, cheers.

Ahhh... the dreaded loading phase... ignore that. Just take it twice a day and you're laughing :)

Check out the fitness sticky on the main page as it has lots of info on nutrition. You need to eat to get more defined/increase muscle. You'll want to be getting about 140g - 160g of protein a day at your current weight so a protein shake may be a convenient way to go about it but do have a look at your diet in general and try to clean that up too if need be.

Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Markom5a

hey just looking for advice iv got half way through a tub of profusion reloaded strawberry flavour but i just cant bring myself to drink the stuff anymore! was thinking of getting the same stuff with a different flavour and after that go back ? good idea or are there any better ones? also anybody have an opinion on what flavour is best?

Thanks
    Mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I bought Alri CR2 Creatine Diphosphate today, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or are they good in general

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Has anyone used TMU Whey protein? I've had a hard time finding any reviews online to guide me. Is it any good?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Kevin! wrote: »
    I bought Alri CR2 Creatine Diphosphate today, and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or are they good in general

cheers

OMG no way... it's the worst stuff ever... gonna steal all your muscle... sneak around your house at night.... murder your cat... marry your dog... put its feet on your couch, and not pay its fair share of bills...

All of that could have been avoided if you asked what people thought before you bought it, not after.. :confused::D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ste Ward

I would just like to say that discountsupplements are a ****ing disgrace.

2 weeks and still no sign of my order?

was it discountsupplements.ie or discountsupplements.co.uk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Anyone ever purchased from this store if so was the delivery from US or EU http://www.europeansupplements.com/ Im confused by where the deliveries are sent from :confused:

Markom5a wrote: »
    hey just looking for advice iv got half way through a tub of profusion reloaded strawberry flavour but i just cant bring myself to drink the stuff anymore! was thinking of getting the same stuff with a different flavour and after that go back ? good idea or are there any better ones? also anybody have an opinion on what flavour is best?

Thanks
    Mark

just goin to bump this any advice?

Is that the Boditronics brand?

I tried samples of the choc flavour, taught it was savage.

Boditronics are known for tasting very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭domino123

Diceicle wrote: »
    Has anyone used TMU Whey protein? I've had a hard time finding any reviews online to guide me. Is it any good?

currently using it....chocloate flavour.....very good imo.
    nutrition connection are now selling a 10lb tub for 50 quid....its coconut flavour....havnt tried it.......wonderin if any1 has had any coconut flavour whey protein and what its like

Esse85 wrote: »
    Is that the Boditronics brand?

I tried samples of the choc flavour, taught it was savage.

Boditronics are known for tasting very good.

Yup boditronics, I was told to stay away from any choc flavoured supplements because they tasted so bad, I might try it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Diceicle wrote: »

the stawberry is like syntha 6 cant go wrong, chocolate not so good, havent tried the other flavours

Looking for another bit of advice here, hope you can help me:

Currently looking at buying this to go with my creatin package.

http://www.sci-mx.co.uk/pages/4040/Whey_Protein.htm

Question I ask is has anyone had any experience with it? And are the aminogen, optizyme and vit-mx-build extras actually any good, or just there to make it sound good? I have looked online but can't find anything that isn't biased (or doesn't seem to be) on it.

Thanks.

Edit: Also I realise this may sound like a "noob" question, but I only gym 3 days a week, should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DARCHA22

should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?

no only post workout or maybe for breakfast

you should get your protein from whole foods and use the whey to fill in the nutritional gaps.

Whey is just food its not magic, so any magical ingredients should really be ignore, choose a protein based on protein %, price and taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

Also I realise this may sound like a "noob" question, but I only gym 3 days a week, should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?
    Depends how much protein you intake a day and how much you actually need.It varys from nutritionists and books but most say you need between around 1 - 2g of protein per pound of body weight.Me being 190 pounds i try get in about 300grams per day mostly from whole foods(eggs,steak chicken milk nuts etc).Like darcha22 said best to take post workout as it digests quickly and maybe with meals that lack protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ste Ward wrote: »
    was it discountsupplements.ie or discountsupplements.co.uk?

co.uk

Edit: Also I realise this may sound like a "noob" question, but I only gym 3 days a week, should I take the whey protein 2-3 times everyday as is recommended on the box? Is there a need?

Go with 1-1.5 grams per lb body weight per day, (say close to 1.5 on gym days, as least 1 everyday) try to get this with whole food as much as possible, if you are falling short on rest days then eat more or take some whey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Cellucor just launched their european site http://www.cellucor.eu

They are offering free weight loss kits for the first 400 customers.
    M5 is unbelievable and D4 is just crazy strong, protein could be better but cant argue with any of the pre workout stuff, best on the market IMO

Edit: Anyone looking for joint aid and recovery R3 is great, highly recommend it

Thanks all for the tips and help. :)

Got a 5kg pouch of unflavored (meant to get choc mint) impact whey from my protein. Any tips to make the shake taste less vomity cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Got a 5kg pouch of unflavored (meant to get choc mint) impact whey from my protein. Any tips to make the shake taste less vomity cheers!
    Cadburys Hot Chocolate should do the trick just mix in 2 teaspoons with your shake :) Its basically just cocao.

(Might be a bit lumpy, can't really remember tbh)

Cadburys Hot Chocolate should do the trick just mix in 2 teaspoons with your shake :) Its basically just cocao.

Cheers I'll give it a go it's brutal stuff on its own.

Cheers I'll give it a go it's brutal stuff on its own.

Yeah I have unflavored impact, use nesquik chocolate milk mix and it's grand - use like 4 teaspoons with 50-60g of protein

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Hold your nose.

it's actually mostly sugar, they do a cocao/bournville mix too thats cocao.

Also, doesn't mixing in something like that defeat the point of buying unflavoured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

Also, doesn't mixing in something like that defeat the point of buying unflavoured?
    He ordered unflavoured by accident, he was meant to order chocolate mint.

The other reason for ordering unflavored (which mine is) if you choose a **** flavor protein it can't be changed but when you order unflavored you can variate with flavored powders

Liam1010 wrote: »
    PhD Pharma whey is 80%

the label might say that but i think they were one of the recent companies that got a slap on the hand for false % on the label

Liam1010 wrote: »
    shill tastic....nothing like some friday night shilling

Liam1010 banned for spam

thats a bit harsh, i cant see anything wrong with his post??
    (except for the protein % for phd :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

DARCHA22 wrote: »
    thats a bit harsh, i cant see anything wrong with his post??
    (except for the protein % for phd :)

It was his first post on boards and he dropped a company name...it looks like spamming to me. Liam1010 is quite welcome to appeal the ban with me. If Liam1010 is genuine then i have no problem lifting the ban..

Also if you feel the need to question me please drop me a PM.

ah i see, ah your prob right.
    wasnt questioning you, just enquiring :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

What's people's opinion's of carb supplements, dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize starch etc. I'm thinking of getting some for pre/post workout shakes. Do you rate pre/post WO nutrition and is this the way to go about it.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    What's people's opinion's of carb supplements, dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize starch etc. I'm thinking of getting some for pre/post workout shakes. Do you rate pre/post WO nutrition and is this the way to go about it.

Cheers.

I have dextrose and maltodextrin from MP and use them in a PWO shake when im training intensely. I find them convient and good for recovery. Usually i would throw about 40g of each into a skaker, along with 40g protein, add water and get it down as soon as I can after training.

Im sure you could also get the carbs in from foods but for convience the powders are good.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Lads, can anyone recommend me a good tasting quality protein drink/shake for post training? (not too pushed on price if its decent)

Usn & Sci-MX any good for example?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

Im just wondering if anyone had experience of using Matrix whey protein from the supplement centre. I have being told to put on a bit of muscle for football, and although am doing a good bit of gym, need a little help! This one seems to fit into my price range. just wondering if its any good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5lb-WHEY-PROTEIN-MATRIX-POWDER-SHAKE-DRINK-STRAWBERRY-/250737898075?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item3a6124b25b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

has anyone any idea of what this Soya Protein Powder is like? It seems cheap enough for a post workout shake?

Holland & Barrett - 90 % Soya Protein Powder
    Instant natural 90% Soya Protein Powder provides an excellent source of protein needed for the growth and repair of tissues.

The protein is in an instant form of Soya Protein isolate highly nutritional and pleasant tasting which supplies the essential amino acids.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=228&prodid=249

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Hi, has anyone any experience with this product? Could it actually work? Was going to go ahead and order a two months supply

http://www.weightgainpackage.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

is there any difference between taking creatine in powder or tablet form? quicker absorbtion with the powder?

Hurler85 wrote: »
    Im just wondering if anyone had experience of using Matrix whey protein from the supplement centre. I have being told to put on a bit of muscle for football, and although am doing a good bit of gym, need a little help! This one seems to fit into my price range. just wondering if its any good.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5lb-WHEY-PROTEIN-MATRIX-POWDER-SHAKE-DRINK-STRAWBERRY-/250737898075?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item3a6124b25b
    Aload of crap in my opinion 11g of carbs per serving is way too much and more than likely nearly all of that is sugar id recommend http://www.myprotein.com/IE/products/impact-whey-protein or http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/ each serving of that matrix stuff is 40g where as the other 2 are 30g so should work out at around the same price. If you want to add on size you should eat more carbs. These are just supplements at the end of the day not magic so nothing beats whole foods for your daily protein needs like(chicken cottage cheese milk nuts lean meat etc) A good nutrition and a good program and you should see some nice results. Heres some workout programs if you want to take a look http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/main.html

Mark27 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone any experience with this product? Could it actually work? Was going to go ahead and order a two months supply

Have never tryed it but most of these kind of supplements are full of crap there to just empty your bank account imo. Only supplements that i find that work for me are whey protein creatine and fish oils. The key to gaining weight is eating more calories than you actually burn.Up your protein intake but more importantly up your Carb intake aswell if you want to gain weight(low gi carbs like brown bread pasta oats etc)If you plan on gaining weight eat like a horse and eat some more. Once you have your nutrition on track and a solid workout you should see the pounds of muscle piling on:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

The website is full of misspellings, the "clinical trial" is just a list of largely unrelated scientific journal papers.

The active ingredients are cleverly disguised to sound scientific but seem to be just maltodextrin (listed as Dextrin), maltodextrin (listed as Glucose polymers), Glucose (listed as stach hydrosylates) and Creatine (listed as 2-(carbamimidoyl-methyl-amino)acetic acid). So basically its just a load of sugar with some creatine in it.

Save yourself the cash.

AVOID like the plague!
    Typical site that sells sh!t

jasonf9ace wrote: »
    Aload of crap in my opinion 11g of carbs per serving is way too much

Really? I doubt it 11 grams of carbs is nothing, only pro bodybuilders would be interested in a measly few carbs in a shake before a contest and even at that they would only use isolate. ridiculous comment.

Hurler85 wrote: »

proteinstop.co.uk sell it and i have heard they are a reputable website/online seller

• Advertisement
Advertisement