Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SportsDirect.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Hi,
    sorry if this is a stupid question but I need to ask before I order..
    when buying jeans and it says the size is "34w l" does that mean 34 waist and 34 leg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Hi,
    sorry if this is a stupid question but I need to ask before I order..
    when buying jeans and it says the size is "34w l" does that mean 34 waist and 34 leg?

It could be '34 waist' and 'long'. Long would probably be around 34 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Pj! wrote: »
    It could be '34 waist' and 'long'. Long would probably be around 34 anyway.
    thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

thanks for that

L is for long, ie 34 leg
    R is for regular, ie 32 leg
    S is for short, ie 30 leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of jeans? Bought some Lee cooper ones off them before but they were a bit ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I ordered a pair of runners and got the mug, its bloody huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

mandz wrote: »
    Have any of you ordered Muddyfox gear? Just wondering if its any good and also what its like sizewise

I have a cycling jacket and a few other bits by MuddyFox and they're grand. Size wise they seem fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Have they stopped doin 1 euro Ireland delivery? Coming up as a fiver when I go to order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

househero wrote: »
    Have they stopped doin 1 euro Ireland delivery? Coming up as a fiver when I go to order

Yeah they stopped the 1 euro delivery a few weeks ago :(

It was 3.99 the last time I checked, they must of increased it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

bri007 wrote: »
    Yeah they stopped the 1 euro delivery a few weeks ago :(

It was 3.99 the last time I checked, they must of increased it again

Yup, just got charged 5 yoyos delivery.

Wasn't really worth it as I only bought a few things ....

Back to Amazon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

No :( Just that it it had left gatwick at 5am this morning.

Did you get your parcel today?? Mines saying the same since friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

My issue with sport direct is the sizes.

How is 34" long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Nabber wrote: »
    My issue with sport direct is the sizes.

How is 34" long?

34" is long across the whole industry. Give or take with different brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

I was going to order a mug, not the sports direct one.. but does anyone actually receive one that's not broken :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

I was going to order a mug, not the sports direct one.. but does anyone actually receive one that's not broken :P

Ye I got a sports direct mega one,it came in a protected box, wasnt broken :D only got the one with my first order, never received any after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

I put an order in on Thursday on saturday got an email with tracking number. It's still saying arrived in Leeds at 00:00 on Friday. Should I start to worry?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

You'll get it eventually.The tracking with DHL is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

PinkFly wrote: »
    Did you get your parcel today?? Mines saying the same since friday

Got mine yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Wife put an order in last week, received this morning, mug and all.

Got mine yesterday.

Still no sign of mine yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Got mine yesterday. No mug. Ordered last Monday. Sat in Leeds til fri then with Dublin courier yesterday. 3.99 delivery

Just got mine now, still showing on route to Shannon on the tracker, never had a problem at €1 delivery!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Connorzee wrote: »
    ive had 4 orders in the past 4 weeks for €50 each... never got any mug? Not even a broken one... :(

The most I have ever spend is 25 euro and I have got a mug every time! :D

bri007 wrote: »
    Ye I got a sports direct mega one,it came in a protected box, wasnt broken :D only got the one with my first order, never received any after that
    thanks I hope mine will be in the same box :) do you have to keep logging into your account to see was your order sent or do they send the tracking number to your email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

thanks I hope mine will be in the same box :) do you have to keep logging into your account to see was your order sent or do they send the tracking number to your email?
    once they dispatch from their warehouse, they will send you an email and tracking number with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

did they change the 1e delivery to ireland to 5e? seems so.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

did they change the 1e delivery to ireland to 5e? seems so.

Just putting in another order now, and the delivery charge has gone up to €4.99 :mad: Still a bargain though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Fastest delivery yet , ordered Friday delivered today but still no mug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Ordered Thursday and they attempted delivery this morning while I was out. Do they try again tomorrow or is it the following day again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Ordered Thursday and they attempted delivery this morning while I was out. Do they try again tomorrow or is it the following day again?
    Id ring them. I missed a delivery yesterday, and they couldnt guarantee what time the next delivery would be, so i ended up collecting it.
    Wouldnt mind but i waited in for them till 2:30 and i missed the delivery at 2:45.

sorry for all the questions but is dhl suppose to be so slow at updating its tracking service?
    all I'm getting is 'shipment information received' for an order and it hasn't changed in a long time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

sorry for all the questions but is dhl suppose to be so slow at updating its tracking service?
    all I'm getting is 'shipment information received' for an order and it hasn't changed in a long time :mad:

When did you order your stuff normally takes about 3/4 days . On the DHL site your order will take about six stages .

When did you order your stuff normally takes about 3/4 days . On the DHL site your order will take about six stages .
    Monday at about 6pm, I just thought it strange that the tracking hasn't changed at all since then but maybe this is normal for dhl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Monday at about 6pm, I just thought it strange that the tracking hasn't changed at all since then but maybe this is normal for dhl?

Ah yes it is normal all of a sudden you'll see it jump happened me :) before you know it you'll have your stuff I'd say tomorrow/ Friday at latest .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

It came today. One of the t shirts is a little big but at €7 I won't be returning it. I'll chance putting it on a hot wash and into the tumble dryer :) it was my first order with sports direct and I'll definitely be using them again. Very impressed with the other three items I got. Also got the mug on a €30 order for those mug obsessed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Received my things in under a week, no problems whatsoever. Got the mug also(in a cardboard box). If only I have the money ill be using them again! I paid 4 euro for a 3kg parcel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Hey somebody here may be able to help me. Ordered a tracksuit off sportsdirect. Came today but only the top part was in it. No bottoms! Rang dhl within minutes of delivery they said to contact sportsdirect. No number to ring, well I eventually got one but it said there was a high volume of calls and hung up. Emailed them and no response back. What should I do next. Really don't want to send it back at my expense as its fairly heavy and was sportsdirect's mistake. What should I do?

Ah yes it is normal all of a sudden you'll see it jump happened me :) before you know it you'll have your stuff I'd say tomorrow/ Friday at latest .
    thanks :) it now says Wednesday 15th May, processed at Gatwick UK, 19:42 so it is moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Thanks OP order came this afternoon. With the stupidly big mug :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Corporate strategy at its finest.... Lured us in with the euro postage, rose it to 3.99, we're still hooked, then added another euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Connorzee wrote: »
    Corporate strategy at its finest.... Lured us in with the euro postage, rose it to 3.99, we're still hooked, then added another euro!

But is it still sterling = euro? If so if the stuff you're buying is over 30 euro the postage is covered by the exchange rate ... kinda.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

I've placed at least 6 orders over the last year all €40+

NO MUG CLUB :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

Pingi wrote: »

we've so many SD mugs the kids use them to keep their toothbrushes in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

my order changes from 4.99 delivery cost to 6.99 delivery cost by just adding a messenger bag to my order. anyone know why its so varying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭avfc1874

there's some great deals on the kids bikes. has anyone ordered a bike or anything large and how did ye get on . thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Pingi wrote: »

Same as me, and my orders were all over E60
    Feel so left out :(

avfc1874 wrote: »
    there's some great deals on the kids bikes. has anyone ordered a bike or anything large and how did ye get on . thanks

Hi there,
    I ordered a Disney Cars bike and got it for €1 delivery and I ordered one for myself last week, delivery was €7.99, but I found a code online for 10% off. Both bikes were perfect and came well packaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I ordered a Disney Cars bike and got it for €1 delivery and I ordered one for myself last week, delivery was €7.99, but I found a code online for 10% off. Both bikes were perfect and came well packaged.
    thanks.. i might treat myself to one aswell, some great bargains

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kazmad

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Hi there,

looking for a code please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just ordered the new Bayern Munich jersey. With the exchange rate they are using it works out cheaper than anywhere else.

I have a feeling they will phase out the £1=€1 just like they did with the €1 delivery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement