Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I often wouldn't look at the label either.

But surely to christ the DHL driver should.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Oh man this thread just continues to deliver!

I came here for the bargains initially, stayed for the mug saga, and now this snow boots drama is utterly gripping!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Whats the mug saga. I have 3 of the brutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

These prices are ridiculously cheap, i've had 5 or 6 orders in past few weeks but even at old prices and delivery at 4.99 it was great value.

Whats to stop retailers(smaller ones) here bulk buying and selling on for a profit?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Just got a call from dhl, there still delivering today if anyone is waiting for a package. Being Good Friday n all wasn't sure if they would be..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Next time he/she might read the labels..

Probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

madscone wrote: »
    Just got a call from dhl, there still delivering today if anyone is waiting for a package. Being Good Friday n all wasn't sure if they would be..

I had a package that left Gatwick at 6 this morning. Id never get it today would i?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I had a package that left Gatwick at 6 this morning. Id never get it today would i?

Not a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sypeons

Got a Pierre Cardin size Large jumper, it's slightly on the small size for me. Also received a Lonsdale size Large top, fits fine.

Got my order this morning as well by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

is it still 1 for stg to euro. and is delivery 1 still ?????? not seeing either advetised on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

is it still 1 for stg to euro. and is delivery 1 still ?????? not seeing either advetised on the site

They don't advertise it! Change sterling to euro price and if it remains the same then you're laughing! You'll get the 1 euro delivery charge when you checkout.

At the moment yes, it's not advertised on the site, hush hush.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Re: €1 shipping .... I doubt it's a mistake they just haven't copped onto yet considering the lnflux of orders generated from this thread alone !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

They mentioned the €1 delivery charge on their facebook page a few weeks ago, they were running a competition for free uk delivery and a few people queried why it wasnt open to roi customers and SD replied that they were currently offering €1 delivery to roi so they are aware of it :) Hopefully they will keep it running a lot longer as id say they have increased their sales big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

Got my first delivery this morning, and a mug too :D very impressed with the lot, i fear multiple orders are on the cards....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I ordered a serious amount of stuff today, something for all the family as the prices are superb.

What the story with the mugs? Is it just random people getting them free or is when the order is over a certain amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Do DHL deliver on Saturdays?

Order is currently in Dublin just wondering will I get it tomorrow.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Do DHL deliver on Saturdays?

Order is currently in Dublin just wondering will I get it tomorrow.

Same here! I'm like a mini-stalker looking for updates all day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Nope, Monday to Friday delivery only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Nope, Monday to Friday delivery only

That's true normally, but I did get a delivery on the Saturday of the Paddy's Day weekend, so they may do Saturday deliveries on other bank holiday weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm waiting on a delivery and according to the tracking page I received it today - there's even a scanned copy of my signature on the page.

I neither received a package or signed for one! - has anyone else ever had this happen? I contacted dhl but got no reply. Some well dressed delivery man has my hoodie :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Binka wrote: »
    I got my second order today that I ordered on Saturday - much quicker than the first order
    Better than my experience.

28/02 - placed order
    One item on the order - was a pre-order - meaning the order should ship as of 11/03.

As of today, I have heard NOTHING

27/03 - mail sent to customer service - querying this
    29/03 - a follow up mail - asking why they have not made contact.

I wasn't in such a hurry - but this is just unprofessional.

phasers wrote:
    I'm waiting on a delivery and according to the tracking page I received it today - there's even a scanned copy of my signature on the page.
    You're further on than I am - have not received any tracking number!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Use do know there is a phone number you can ring for customer service

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Use do know there is a phone number you can ring for customer service
    You're kidding right? Why should I have A. the cost and B. have my time wasted with phone calls? Email is far easier for them to deal with and easier for me to send. Furthermore, in the case of a dispute, it gives a reference in black and white of contact made and lack of response received.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Well obviously not. If u want a quick response email isn't the answer.
    I rang the number was on hold for 4 minutes and got my problem sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Better than my experience.

28/02 - placed order
    One item on the order - was a pre-order - meaning the order should ship as of 11/03.

As of today, I have heard NOTHING

27/03 - mail sent to customer service - querying this
    29/03 - a follow up mail - asking why they have not made contact.

I wasn't in such a hurry - but this is just unprofessional.

You're further on than I am - have not received any tracking number!

Have you checked on the website if the preorder date gas moved out- happens quite a bit. Sportsdirect will just hold the rest of your order till the preorder is in stock but you can request they remove the item from the order.

tritium wrote: »
    Have you checked on the website if the preorder date gas moved out- happens quite a bit. Sportsdirect will just hold the rest of your order till the preorder is in stock but you can request they remove the item from the order.
    Just checked that now - moved out from 11/03 to the 08/04. If they're organised, their systems would fire out an automated mail to advise this...

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

big order in... 1 euro ship and stg to euro match ..cant beat those prices..anyone ever have to return anything for sizing issues ? is it straight forward ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

10m Christmas wrapping paper 10c http://www.sportsdirect.com/swan-xmas-wrapping-paper-10m-890233
    Stock up now!

Advertisement