Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Mine says Shannon at the destination and then my hometown in Dublin. Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

Apologies if this is off-topic but every-time I order with Sportsdirect I have to contract DHL as they do not get the full delivery details from SD e.g. address, phone no. How do other users get around this problem?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Of late I have noticed DHL is taking a bit longer than the 3days it used to but come on for a euro delivery you cannot whine be great full.

While yes customer service isn't great I had to return an item just sent it back money was put back in my account no problems.

You will never keep every one happy but this company is offering sports items at knock down prices with a no frills service that's the be all of things

• Registered Users Posts: 38 AndrewR

I'm not whining, I'm asking if other users have a way around the problem?
    I agree that they are offering sports goods at knock-down prices and would like to do more business with them BUT if they cannot talk to DHL correctly I won't be ordering goods that I need delivered in a timely fashion (as opposed to 2 weeks and 3 phone calls to DHL)

A

How are you entering your address? Maybe (this is a total guess) they're not sending on the last line if you're filling all of the boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

AndrewR wrote: »
    I'm not whining, I'm asking if other users have a way around the problem?
    I agree that they are offering sports goods at knock-down prices and would like to do more business with them BUT if they cannot talk to DHL correctly I won't be ordering goods that I need delivered in a timely fashion (as opposed to 2 weeks and 3 phone calls to DHL)

A

I was making general comments don't be thinking your getting singled out but this thread has taken a very negative twist lately there is no need for it as it is in the bargain alert thread.if people have issues perhaps start a thread in the online buying section.this should be a positive thread about great bargains people are getting
    I have ordered a lot of items lately and I now find max 5 working days but you have to take into account bank holidays as well if it 2 weeks there's something wrong have you your address right another big one is when contacted by the courier people either don't give correct contact no's or don't answer then the item goes back to the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Just received my 3rd order from the last year or so. A mug received each time. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Three orders and three mugs!! Two orders over €100 but the last order was for €16.99 and I got a mug..

Maybe all you mugless people should get your stuff sent to my house:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

AndrewR wrote: »
    Apologies if this is off-topic but every-time I order with Sportsdirect I have to contract DHL as they do not get the full delivery details from SD e.g. address, phone no. How do other users get around this problem?

A

That happened to me once... I was waiting for a few days so I checked the tracking. It came up as insufficient details, awaiting info from shipper... or something similar to that.

I just emailed DHL like yourself. To be honest you are quicker contacting DHL than sportsdirect... not ideal I know.
    I paid by paypal.. I wonder if it would make any difference if the details went through as a card payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I've placed two orders with Sports Direct. The first one was for €160+ and it arrived in what can only be described as a glorified grey plastic bin liner that was held together (barely) with packing tape. However all the order was there and everything in one piece, including the mug.

My second order was for €80 and DHL delivered a cardboard box with my stuff inside, or so I thought. When I opened it up, I found half of what I ordered plus the remnants of the grey plastic bin liner. I've emailed Sports Direct twice with no response. I then rang DHL who checked with their UK counterparts who said the package was torn to shreds when they received it from Sports Direct and so they repackaged what was left in the cardboard box that I received.

I'm going to open a PayPal dispute now to try to get Sports Direct to play ball and deliver the missing items.

As for other comments along the lines of "what do you expect for the prices they're charging?"or "they're like Ryanair, cheap and cheerful", what a crock of an argument. When you enter into a contract to purchase anything online, you should expect the seller to deliver the goods you order in acceptable condition. If Sports Direct operate as an e-tailer, then why don't they respond to emails? I haven't the time to spend on the phone to the UK as I have a little thing called a job to do and my employer wouldn't agree to me taking time out to sort out a missing order with a UK company.

Sports Direct are cheap. I'm happy with what I have received to date. But that doesn't mean that I should accept pot luck when it comes to receiving the goods I paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm going to open a PayPal dispute now to try to get Sports Direct to play ball and deliver the missing items.

Just to add to this, try emailing paypal@sportsdirect.com with all the details including the info from DHL (if the other email addys are not responding).

I was charged 100 pounds instead of 100euro before xmas and it was only after I emailed the above address it was sorted within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I ordered on Friday and received it today (with mug). I spent nearly €300 including a pair of golf shows that were €60 on SD, the very same pair costs €130 in McGuirks, Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

I ordered a few random items [two pairs of footwear, a hoodie and a torch] and the entire order was cancelled due to items not being in stock. Just curious if this is a common thing?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

I ordered a few random items [two pairs of footwear, a hoodie and a torch] and the entire order was cancelled due to items not being in stock. Just curious if this is a common thing?

Thanks

First time I heard of that. Maybe they are on to us:eek: When did you order??

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

Ordered yesterday. Just got the bad news a few mins ago. There was a pair of pants on the order aswell :( Already placed a new order for similar items. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

4th Delivery arrived yesterday - still no mug. Was talking with the DHL driver and he told me half of his workload is the last month has been Sportsdirect deliveries. Then he starts telling me how great the website is and what he's ordered off it too ... we didn't discuss mugs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

RayCon wrote: »
    4th Delivery arrived yesterday - still no mug. Was talking with the DHL driver and he told me half of his workload is the last month has been Sportsdirect deliveries. Then he starts telling me how great the website is and what he's ordered off it too ... we didn't discuss mugs. :)

seems to be a touchy subject round here hahaha,

i got one on my first order, not a hot beverage drinker so if anyone would like it they may certainly take it!

first pm willing to collect it, its theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

surely they must be aware of the £/€ thing? Otherwise their stock/pricing admins are asleep at the wheel! Maybe they don't care because of the orders it's generating...

surely they must be aware of the £/€ thing? Otherwise their stock/pricing admins are asleep at the wheel! Maybe they don't care because of the orders it's generating...

Was thinking the exact same myself. Order and income increase maybe well worth leaving it as it is.
    sgarvan wrote: »
    Mine says Shannon at the destination and then my hometown in Dublin. Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive

Order is with courier for delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I am might be missing something but whats the crack with the delivery cost, is there an easy way to calculate it?

Cheers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

bullvine wrote: »
    I am might be missing something but whats the crack with the delivery cost, is there an easy way to calculate it?

Cheers,

One euro for the last few weeks

Cheers,

€1 on all orders. Make sure you change the site currency to euro aswell. It is calculated just before checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

jh79 wrote: »
    One euro for the last few weeks

Good Stuff!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I got my first delivery from these today, Pet stuff and i got the free mug!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

Site down?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

RayCon wrote: »

When the driver handied me my parcel he said "I hope the fit ":D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

DHL guy said to me as well, he'd been busy with all these sports direct orders, and what a great site it was.. We didn't discuss the issue of mugs though, as im still too upset :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Cheers,

yeah one euro like the others said. Don't panic when you see that £4.99/£7.99 bit down the side of the screen, it goes away at checkout and changes to the €1 :D

Advertisement