Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Site is down for me :(

EDIT:Back up now but very slow.:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Received my second order this morning, or should I say, half my second order as when I opened the box, five of the 11 items I ordered were not there. The enclosed dispatch document does state that all items were included but that's rubbish as the small box that arrived could not have held everything I ordered.

Have emailed the company but judging by previous comments on the level of Customer service, this may end up going to a PayPal dispute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

First order received.... everything super

Find the Pierre Cardin stuff loose fitting.... lee cooper smaller fitting and karrimor perfect

The mug is a nice littlw extra too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

i better get a mug.

Ordered at 3pm today ..Its processing now ..when should i expect it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

MJ434 wrote: »
    Ordered at 3pm today ..Its processing now ..when should i expect it?

Probably next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Al Capwned wrote: »
    i better get a mug.

I didn't get one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Its taking an hour to drink a cup of tea since I got that mug!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Have emailed the company but judging by previous comments on the level of Customer service, this may end up going to a PayPal dispute.
    Send the email and open the paypal dispute at the same time - don't wait for a response to your mail.

Have sent 2x mails now - and no reply. 3rd just sent asking for their complaints process - before going further.

Whilst many here are getting carried away with the stack it high, sell it cheap policy of SD, there are some very basic things that any business should be capable of maintaining - specifically in terms of contact with their customers.

I've €200 of goods ordered since the end of February and no contact whatsoever from SD.

Send the email and open the paypal dispute at the same time - don't wait for a response to your mail.

Have sent 2x mails now - and no reply. 3rd just sent asking for their complaints process - before going further.

Whilst many here are getting carried away with the stack it high, sell it cheap policy of SD, there are some very basic things that any business should be capable of maintaining - specifically in terms of contact with their customers.

I've €200 of goods ordered since the end of February and no contact whatsoever from SD.
    Why don't you call their Web CS 00448451299230

• Advertisement

MJ434 wrote: »
    Why don't you call their Web CS 00448451299230
    I'm not calling their uk number on my irish mobile. If they don't offer email support (like any normal business should and does), then they should stop pretending to do so - and remove that customer service email address from their website.

I'm not calling their uk number on my irish mobile. If they don't offer email support (like any normal business should and does), then they should stop pretending to do so - and remove that customer service email address from their website.

Ok, was only trying to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

got my order, no mug again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I queried my order with them via email and heard nothing for around 2 weeks after which I got two responses by two diff people on the same day. My order had arrived in the meantime, so crisis averted.

The site seems to be down again....happening a lot lately..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

I'm living in the uk at the minute and when my order was below €75 it was €3.99 for delivery to Aberdeen and €1 to Ireland...crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Third order shipped this morning, have abandoned all hope of receiving a mug...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

I'm living in the uk at the minute and when my order was below €75 it was €3.99 for delivery to Aberdeen and €1 to Ireland...crazy!

Don't ya just love it?

It's about time, we have been shafted for years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

You're not exactly on need of your order if you're not willing to cooperate either. Just get on the phone, spend the few euro to get your order and then you can stop putting a negative vibe on this thread :p

DHL on the way to me this afternoon - The better have a damn mug.

You're not exactly on need of your order if you're not willing to cooperate either. Just get on the phone, spend the few euro to get your order and then you can stop putting a negative vibe on this thread :p
    lol. I'm not cooperating when they won't answer my emails sent to their 'customer service' email address?
    Just get on the phone, spend the few euro to get your order
    Why should I? WHO in this day and age operates like that?
    then you can stop putting a negative vibe on this thread :p
    lol. A negative vibe? I'm just telling it like it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

DHL on the way to me this afternoon - The better have a damn mug.
    I'm waiting on DHL and this elusive mug also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭tritium

Tbh the deal with sports direct seems pretty simple;

Limited customer service
    Bit rough around the edges sometimes
    Stupidly good prices

Bit like a retail Ryanair!

Basically you take the hit on customer service etc as part of the deal

lol. I'm not cooperating when they won't answer my emails sent to their 'customer service' email address?

Why should I? WHO in this day and age operates like that?

lol. A negative vibe? I'm just telling it like it is.

Get off your high horse. I ordered stuff from another u.k company, and had to ring them because they didn't have email support. Plenty of people still pick up the phone (it a little green button that has call on it).

tritium wrote: »
    Tbh the deal with sports direct seems pretty simple;

Limited customer service
    Bit like a retail Ryanair!

Basically you take the hit on customer service etc as part of the deal
    Theres a limit at which 'customer service' can be (or should be) scaled back. If your going to change the deal (i.e. non-delivery for whatever reason), then the customer needs to be informed. This can be setup via an automated email system.
    You think anyone WANTS to talk to their customer service?

Like you say the deal is simple - order, pay and expect delivery!

Delivery in from DHL - Nike GK top fits a little big - ordered XL, maybe L would have done, but it's for playing soccer, so it'll be perfect.
    Slazenger hoody ordered XL, and fits perfectly.

Also.......

5ZpnFp.jpg

All for the total of €16 delivered...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Also.......

5ZpnFp.jpg

All for the total of €16 delivered...

"Welcome to the party pal"

:)

3 orders, over 300 euro spent
    No mug
    I feel so hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

What do DHL use to deliver? Pigeon?

They received Monday (Ok it was a bank holiday) and it departed Gatwick this morning at 6am and no update

sgarvan wrote: »
    What do DHL use to deliver? Pigeon?

They received Monday (Ok it was a bank holiday) and it departed Gatwick this morning at 6am and no update

It usually gets into dublin in the evening about 6 pm after leaving Gatwick in the morning. Delivery will be the day after.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    It usually gets into dublin in the evening about 6 pm after leaving Gatwick in the morning. Delivery will be the day after.

Sometimes my stuff arrives to Shannon.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement