Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Fair enough so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

is the free month standard in all locations? Do you have to sign up through a particular link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I cancelled my netflix, my billing was due to end on the 30/4 but I can still stream today ("It says today is your last day of streaming"). I signed up with Mexico VPN so was thinking that it could be to do with Time zones etc but Mexico is already on the 01/5. I can still stream so wondering when the hell it's going to cancel?

Do I have to sign out of the device first?

I will be signing up to Turkey as revolut does not have Argentinian currency or does it just do the conversion on Revolut like any other currency?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I cancelled my netflix, my billing was due to end on the 30/4 but I can still stream today ("It says today is your last day of streaming"). I signed up with Mexico VPN so was thinking that it could be to do with Time zones etc but Mexico is already on the 01/5. I can still stream so wondering when the hell it's going to cancel?

I will be signing up to Turkey as revolut does not have Argentinian currency or does it just do the conversion on Revolut like any other currency?

BobbyT28
    Do nothing until you can no longer stream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

BobbyT28
    Do nothing until you can no longer stream.

I picked argentina and it took 6e for the Max package 4x HD. But yeah you cant buy the currency in revolut which is a bummer. Let me know how you got on with Turkey because when I did it, it asked me for a Turkish mobile number to confirm.

I ended up setting up a new account / email and going via Argentina.

Also, mirror above, if you can still stream and you haven’t paid anything, keep the party going!!!!

ok, so Netflix streaming is not working as it says restart membership whereas this morning it was streaming ok. Also tried to stream on Netflix app and got the error.

Turned on Turkey VPN using ExpressVPN and check whatsmyip and can see that it is seeing me in Turkey.

Signed back into Netflix and I see the "welcome back message" see plans. WEhen I select see plansd it shows me the 3 pland but all in euros. I have turned on/off VPN and check IP again and also signed in/out of netflix and still it says euros.

Any ideas?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Clear your history

It's Cookies you really need to delete. Easiest is to just use Incognito/Privacy mode when visiting Netflix from your browser. That shouldn't pick up any previous Netflix presence.

Couldn't sign up with Turkey VPN! Weird!, Ended up signing up with Argentinian VPN. Selected Plan and then signed in with my original account details and had no issues.

It asked me for card details, I entered my revolut details and it charged me straight away so didn't get the 30days free. I don't mind as this only cost me €6.01 with conversion on revolut for the premium plan.

It asked me to enter a Mobile number which I did and was able to verify it also.

Streaming here now so happy out.

BobbyT28

It's Cookies you really need to delete. Easiest is to just use Incognito/Privacy mode when visiting Netflix from your browser. That shouldn't pick up any previous Netflix presence.

Honestly, I did all that and I was in Private mode with VPN on and it still wouldn't do it! Really weird considering it could see my IP as Turkey!!

Any all sorted now. Now for the ARG currency so sit tight for the next 12 months :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Ended up signing up with Argentinian VPN.
    It asked me to enter a Mobile number which I did and was able to verify it also.

Streaming here now so happy out.

So what mobile number did you use? Irish?

So what mobile number did you use? Irish?

Yeah just used my own Irish number. No issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Any issue with entering your credit card details while connected through a VPN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭kheb

I have been using turkish netflix and Revolut for 6 months with the 2 screen plan.
    If i want to move to the 4 screen plan, do I need to use the vpn for that or just log in as normal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

kheb wrote: »
    I have been using turkish netflix and Revolut for 6 months with the 2 screen plan.
    If i want to move to the 4 screen plan, do I need to use the vpn for that or just log in as normal?

just log in as normal if you're already paying in Turkish Lira

just select the 4 screen plan which shoul be in Lira and you're good to go

Revolut or n26 is cheaper

I meant safety wise. I know Revolut is topped up so that partially deals with it, but are details entered over one secure?

• Advertisement

Safe as anything online really

Yeah I don't have need of a VPN subscription and I'm not so sure about the free ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

I m signed up through Netflix Nigeria. Pay the equivalent of 2 euro 50 cent a month :)

I m signed up through Netflix Nigeria. Pay the equivalent of 2 euro 50 cent a month :)

It's just as well your a fish and not a cashier in a Bureau de Change Frankie. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe frankythefish is really a Nigerian Prince so gets an extra discount? I certainly could believe that....:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How does $8 work out at €2.50 a month :confused:
    Maybe he shares a premium account?

$12 for premium, $12 = €10.74 / 4 = €2.69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone worried about the security of it, I have a virtual Revolut card which I only use for this. Set a limit of €8 a month just in case of any fluctuations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭cletus

Wheety wrote: »
    Anyone worried about the security of it, I have a virtual Revolut card which I only use for this. Set a limit of €8 a month just in case of any fluctuations.

Doing it the last 2 years, paying through revolut,, first Mexico, then Turkey, zero issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭lau1247

Saw this from HUKD which may be useful for anyone trying to sign up to Turkey but faced with mobile verification problem.
    Update 5: If you get asked for a mobile number verification, just connect to Netflix without a VPN and verify with a uk Number and then go back to VPN to subscribe with turkich Liras.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I was finally able to set this up today after waiting for my previous subscription to run out. Restarted my membership in Turkish lira using a Revolut card to pay and it has gone through, although I haven't logged in to watch anything yet without the VPN. Thanks to the OP and all who have posted useful information throughout the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

A bit off-topic but you can also use a VPN to change to the Turkish version of the Google Play store and then get a cheaper subscription to tinder premium. The only negative you can only change your Google Play store location once per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi all,

This has probably been answered before but this thread is huge! Is there any issues paying with an Irish debit card? I've had problems with Revolut in the past so not sure if it's worth the hassle for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

This has probably been answered before but this thread is huge! Is there any issues paying with an Irish debit card? I've had problems with Revolut in the past so not sure if it's worth the hassle for me.

You can pay with any card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It appears Revolut can cause issues but keep trying. I use my regular card and never had an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I use my Irish card but get a text message every month without fail from bank of Ireland saying it’s a suspicious transaction and my card is on hold until I text back confirming it’s ok to charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

TheDriver wrote: »
    It appears Revolut can cause issues but keep trying. I use my regular card and never had an issue.

It's not specific issues with Netflix and Revolut; I just had issues in general getting Revolut set up back when I first tried it. I'll go with my regular bank card and see what sort of price it works out at! Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Turkish Lira has great conversion today, Eur 1 = TRY 6.90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I topped up another lot of TRY for 3 months, the rate is getting close to €4.00 for my 2 screen HD plan

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I must be doing something wrong. I got an email asking to update payment details. I logged in to Turkey via HOLA VPN, updated my payment details and was charged €13. It wouldnt give me an option of changing plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anyone using Nordvpn? Tried on Turkey server 20 and a few others but Netflix keeps thinking I'm in Washington in the US?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did you clear cookies first ?

I didnt as did it on my phone! Never thought of incognito!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Serbian

Anyone using Nordvpn? Tried on Turkey server 20 and a few others but Netflix keeps thinking I'm in Washington in the US?

Having the same problem. Presume you didn’t get this working? I guess Netflix have blocked their IP range and just assume all Nord connections are from the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Serbian wrote: »
    Having the same problem. Presume you didn’t get this working? I guess Netflix have blocked their IP range and just assume all Nord connections are from the USA.

Yeah I had the same problem, I used hola vpn for turkey and incognito mode and it worked then no problem.

mixed up wrote: »
    Yeah I had the same problem, I used hola vpn for turkey and incognito mode and it worked then no problem.

Did the same in the end. Didn’t realise they had a mobile app initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?

• Advertisement

ando wrote: »
    Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?

Can’t find the exact post right now but I seem to remember someone saying that you can just turn off the VPN to verify your number, then turn it back on when you are looking to sub

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

A Thanks to everyone in this. thread I signed back up to Netflix yesterday on the two screen plan from Turkey at just a smidgen over 4 euros :) couldn't use my revolut card though but accepted my regular bank card without any bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey folks, I am planning on doing this turkey trick, I currently have netflix running with a sub. If I cancel that sub and wait until it's expired, can I use the same email address I had been using all along and maintain the history/etc in there? Or will I need to create a brand new account anyway?

Yes you can use the same account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

You must wait until the account actually stops working. Many don't wait and run into bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You need to read the thread, it's not that easy.

Masala wrote: »
    Hi all.... just arrived into this thread. Can someone shortcut me and give me a link to the Turkish site.

Thanks

There's an FAQ in the very first post of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 forspotify

Anybody selling a 4K family member slot?

Please let me know price for 12 months.

Happy to pay by PayPal or Revolut

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,408 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Chieftain wrote: »
    My Netflix expired yesterday, so went into Turkish site today. Used Tor browser ( you can add a line to a configuration file so the last circuit shows you as in Turkey). Only problem was that I wasnt able to sign into my account for some reason. Kept saying there was a problem. So I went for the free trial and used a different email address. Went for the premium plan at 39.99 lira. Took a few tries to get it to accept the Revolut card but it did on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Hopefully it will be ok once the first payment is due.

Just wanted to say that this worked for me. Steps followed:
    1. Tried VPN options on Firefox and Chrome - kept getting blocked by needing mobile number, so stopped this.
    2. Downloaded tor browser: https://www.torproject.org/download/
    3. Opened the folder where Tor was installed (defaulted to my desktop)
    4. Edited the file C:\Users\Dulpit\Desktop\Tor Browser\Browser\TorBrowser\Data\Tor\torcc
    5. The file was initially blank, added the line ExitNodes {tr} and saved.
    6. Opened Tor, went to netflix.com. It defaulted to the Turkish site.
    7. As previous poster said, clicking login does not work. Clicking Try 30 Days Free does work though. I went for the Standard plan at 29.99 Lira.
    8. When prompted to enter new email address/password I just used my existing details, it recognised I had an account and welcomed me back. I then entered payment details (Revolut) and saved. Revolut shows me being charged €4.57, much better than the €11.99 on Irish site.
    9. I did a quick test on netflix now and all seems normal, still have view history, breakdown of family, all that jazz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I see Netflix is up across Europe for the top plans, €12 for full hd 2 screens and €16 for 4k and 4 screens

Anyone know what the price increase is for Turkey or what the story is? Can't find anything myself

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/netflix-confirms-price-increases-for-irish-subscribers-1.3930886

• Advertisement
Advertisement