Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

nava wrote: »
    I have an account in Turkey for my son, he thinks the content is not as much as in Ireland. The content is it relevant to the country you sign up or the country you use it?

Is it better to get my bother in Colombian or Turkey to get me an account? What get more content if it is relevant to the country you register in? Thanks

Your son is acting the knob or several things worse.

Content is determined by your IP location at the time of watching, not your billing address.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Just re-upped in Turkey for €5.69 pm, or at least for this month anyway.

Cheers for the tips guys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just re-upped in Turkey for €5.69 pm, or at least for this month anyway.

Cheers for the tips guys

Use Revolut for better rates

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Use Revolut for better rates

Way ahead of ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

So I’ll be changing mine at the end of the month and have just got a Revolut virtual card and added some euros.

Do I need to convert them to the Turkish Lira to be used or will it be done in real time and just leave it there in Euro?

I’d prefer to not have to convert as I want to use on the likes of amazon etc too.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    So I’ll be changing mine at the end of the month and have just got a Revolut virtual card and added some euros.

Do I need to convert them to the Turkish Lira to be used or will it be done in real time and just leave it there in Euro?

I’d prefer to not have to convert as I want to use on the likes of amazon etc too.

Leave the currency as it is, the idea of Revolut is they do all the work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

you could set up a lira balance with just the correct amount converted

TheDriver wrote: »

No point really is there, I keep a Euro balance in mine all the time and have various currencies coming out, great card to have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

TheDriver wrote: »

No harm really just in case the Lira starts to improve, could get worse too though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

So are people setting up there billing address as turkey (using vpn) to get cheaper rates and then switching to an American vpn so they can watch whatever shows they want to? (I would consider getting Netflix to watch The Office US in hd)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

timple23 wrote: »
    So are people setting up there billing address as turkey (using vpn) to get cheaper rates and then switching to an American vpn so they can watch whatever shows they want to? (I would consider getting Netflix to watch The Office US in hd)

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Anyone know of a free vpn that offers a Turkish option ? Can’t seen to find one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

davehey79 wrote: »
    Anyone know of a free vpn that offers a Turkish option ? Can’t seen to find one

Touchvpn is what I used. I'd only use it for that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

got an email today saying 'free netflix for a year. when i opened it , it had nothing to do with netflix , said i'd won 30,000. beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

When you sign up again is all your history still there? If you are on the 4 screen option do you need to add those users again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

sean72 wrote:
    When you sign up again is all your history still there? If you are on the 4 screen option do you need to add those users again?

Yes if you do it within 10 months and no

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

timple23 wrote: »

Is this true? I thought you are just reactivating your account but re signing back up when in Turkey? Do you have to enter a Turkish billing address?

decky1 wrote: »
    got an email today saying 'free netflix for a year. when i opened it , it had nothing to do with netflix , said i'd won 30,000. beware.

Beware of the simpletons opening random emails offfering ludicrous prizes

sean72 wrote: »

No, your users and everything else is still there. Just like you'd signed up regularly
    adox wrote: »
    Is this true? I thought you are just reactivating your account but re signing back up when in Turkey? Do you have to enter a Turkish billing address?

No, you just re-reg as normal but using a VPN for Turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Anyone here starting a netflix account looking for a hanger on to share costs?
    I will definitely only ever use one screen.

Is there a paypal option for payment for Turkey ?
    Anyone used a working VPN lately?
    I've made my way through several free trials there, no sign of Turkey showing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Fistycuffs wrote: »

I've made my way through several free trials there, no sign of Turkey showing up.

Windscribe. Another user here is trying it out at the moment.

I have used many and Windscribe has always come out on top for service, and the apps are beautiful and easy to use.

PayPal currency conversion is a terrible rate so even if Netflix do accept it then it would be madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Hola,free from the Google Playstore, has Turkey as an option

OmegaGene wrote: »
    PayPal currency conversion is a terrible rate so even if Netflix do accept it then it would be madness

yes they tend to be worse, but just make sure at the transaction at the first time to change that to card issuer instead of PayPal.

In this case though, for the few euro you are talking about a difference of maybe 10c and no more.

NATLOR wrote: »
    Hola,free from the Google Playstore, has Turkey as an option

I do think it's important to say that Hola is a different type of VPN.

It's amazing, it's free but - once you are connected yourself, someone else is using your IP address to pretend they are in Ireland. That's how Hola works in general.

Now I am not saying this is dangerous, but, it's your IP that will show up if any nefarious activity pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

flexcon wrote: »
    I do think it's important to say that Hola is a different type of VPN.

It's amazing, it's free but - once you are connected yourself, someone else is using your IP address to pretend they are in Ireland. That's how Hola works in general.

Now I am not saying this is dangerous, but, it's your IP that will show up if any nefarious activity pops up.

Yes I'm aware of that and wouldn't trust it, I just used it to sign up then deleted it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

flexcon wrote: »
    yes they tend to be worse, but just make sure at the transaction at the first time to change that to card issuer instead of PayPal.

In this case though, for the few euro you are talking about a difference of maybe 10c and no more.

I was surprised recently I order something on a website.
    £15.
    Revolut were over 80c cheaper than the paypal rate.

mathie wrote: »
    I was surprised recently I order something on a website.
    £15.
    Revolut were over 80c cheaper than the paypal rate.

I didn’t honk Revolut was worth the hassle at first but then I tried it a few times and it’s saving me a fortune and is ideal for something like this, and the entire purpose of getting a Turkish sub is to save money.
    I added Revolut to my PayPal and the sneaky lads at PayPal had it’s automatically set up so they do the currency conversion but Revolut sent me the steps to rectify this, too late for the £1k id just spent but they were very helpful

i'd be interested in joining a 4 screen plan too.

• Advertisement

Spot available on a 4 screen plan, pm me if interested.

Advertisement