Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cross Pens

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Still not update on my order.

I guess I'll be sticking with my modified Mont Blanc/ Pilot pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

lawred2 wrote: »
    holds get automatically released after certain lengths of time

means little for your transaction

There’s still hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Out curiosity has anyone received an engraved pen yet or got any kind of notification on one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭positron

^ Nope.

Order placed for engraved Classic Black Century Lacquer Fountain pen + ink on 3rd January. Got order confirmation email straightaway.
    Revolut reverted payment (normal practive, Cross can claim it again when they need to).
    No futher communication to date.
    I am guessing it's going to come thru in a few weeks.
    It doesn't matter if it doesn't come thru - If I ever wanted to "reassure my own importance to myself", I have a fancy "mont blanc" collecting dust somewhere (useless gift from employer).
    I might order couple of cheap fountain pens and ink from AliExpress - just to let kids experience writing with fountain pens.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

positron wrote: »
    I might order couple of cheap fountain pens and ink from AliExpress - just to let kids experience writing with fountain pens.

I was thinking it was getting like AliExpress - Order and forget about it, when it turns up its a nice surprise :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,459 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

fountain pens are an abomination

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

positron wrote: »
    r).
    Pilot V are great for them to start with they write better than a lot of supposed upmarket brands. Lamy Al stars are very good if you want to get something refillable.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pilot-Pen-Disposable-Fountain-Black/dp/B002XZLVCG
    fountain pens are an abomination
    I take it you're left handed! :P
    My writing is terrible and I still quite like using one. My 11 year old daughter tried out her BB8 one from Cross for the first time even she said it's nice there's something very satisfying about using it. Her writing is excellent and she's very good at drawing so she hopefully can make better use of it than me!

first of mine arrived

tis lovely - great value for €17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got mine today as well. no issues, great pen for €11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

I ordered on pen for about €15 (stacked the discounts) on 5th Jan (Tuesday last week).
    DLH text rec'd a few mins ago - delivery due before 6pm tomorrow.
    Tracking info is as follows (I'll post again to (hopefully) confirm receipt and thank the OP):

Shipper has generated a shipment label, but the shipment has not yet been handed over to DHL : Monday, January 11, 2021 at 09:00
    ShipperAT CROSS LTD
    Shipper addressUnit 14 Windmill Trading Estate Thistle Road LUTON Thistle Road LUTON LU1 3XJ
    Pick up11 Jan 2021
    Estimated delivery13 Jan 2021 before 6pm
    Pieces1

Pen arrived at lunchtime today.
    Looks well and writes nicely.
    Many thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Mine arrived today although I got no shipment notification. Thought that was a bit strange but I'm happy nonetheless.

Very happy with my new Ferrari fountain pen.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Two separate orders arrived today. thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    €100 order on the 4th, order confirmed straight away but nothing since. Paid with PayPal, no refund showing.

Me Too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭beachhead

clevtrev wrote: »
    AT Cross seem to be shipping from the UK? Do we assume they are handling the VAT element or will you get stung for customs charges?

I would love to know where these pens are coming from and who is delivrting them.Are the comng from a wareouse/supplier in the ROI or by post or courier from the UK or EU.A lot of courier have decided not to deliver to Ireland this month.That,includes deliveries from well known businesses with a reputation for reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 redbedhead

Ordered the 6th, arrived today. Stacked codes and aimed well below 22€ to avoid hassle.
    Subtotal €15.19
    Tax €3.19
    Total €18.38
    Delivered DHL from UK, pen made in China.
    Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

swingking wrote: »
    Mine arrived today although I got no shipment notification. Thought that was a bit strange but I'm happy nonetheless.

Very happy with my new Ferrari fountain pen.

Thanks OP

You'll be going around like Joey Tribiani now...when he got a Porsche jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got my 2nd and 3rd orders. First one not handed to DHL yet

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JessM

Codes no longer appear to be stacking. I can use WINTER or my newsletter signup code, but not both. So a max of 35% if I order an outlet product. Xexec20 is no longer working.

€45 pen for €29.25 is a discount but probably not worth jumping at just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

Originally placed an order on the 4th. Funds reverted to card on the 11th and assumed my order had been cancelled as I used all the discount codes.

Funds have just been taken out of my account again.

So I am assuming my order is finally being processed.
    Value of 60.

Have people been hit with customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Originally placed an order on the 4th. Funds reverted to card on the 11th and assumed my order had been cancelled as I used all the discount codes.

Funds have just been taken out of my account again.

So I am assuming my order is finally being processed.
    Value of 60.

Have people been hit with customs?

Yes, a few people have reported customs and DHL fee so prepare for additional 20% and €5 for DHL admin.

Post back here either way to let us know if you did get charged, I am in the same position as you - order at circa €60 but order not tracking on Cross and no notification yet so wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Ordered on Jan 1. 3 items. Approx 50 total. No update since. Order still says 'processing' on my cross account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

My delivery arrived today via DHL.

3 hours later I got an email from Cross saying my order had shipped, so there's some gap in their systems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

3 hours later I got an email from Cross saying my order had shipped, so there's some gap in their systems!

Same here. Order was below €22 so no customs issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Got my hopes up today when a DHL van reversed into the driveway but it wasn't to be :D

Just got shipping notification from cross for the order that was delivered yesterday :)

Just got shipping notification from cross for the order that was delivered yesterday :)

Literally just got mine too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭event

Ordered on 1st January, no delivery or notification yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Unknownability

event wrote: »
    Ordered on 1st January, no delivery or notification yet

I'm the exact same but have renewed hope as the money had bounced back to my credit card and was taken back today, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Same as, DHL sent me an email to say it was arriving and then cross emailed

Order was around €18 including postage so no excise.

Nice looking pen. Might save it for one of the brothers. Only way I’d own a Ferrari anyway.

Thanks to the op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

GPkPD3I.png

Still nada here, sent them an email this evening so hopefully they'll lemme know if it disappeared into the ether or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Out curiosity has anyone received an engraved pen yet or got any kind of notification on one ?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

I placed an order on 4 Jan for €21.73 (just under the €22!), for a fountain pen and cartridges. No engraving.

I've had no correspondence from Cross other than the initial order confirmation, but I've just had an email and text from DHL to say that it's due to be delivered tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

I placed an order with them which was under €22 before delivery fee, but just over €22 with the €4.99 charge. Anyone know if I should get hit with customs etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.

Unfortunately our system appears to have more than one discount code applied for your order.

We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes cannot be stacked in this way.

With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.

This will also cancel any pending payment.

Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

We are very sorry for the disappoint this will cause you.

Kind Regards
    George

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Good Afternoon,

We are very sorry to have to inform you that you order has pulled through with an error.

Unfortunately our system appears to have more than one discount code applied for your order.

We are not sure how this can be possible as discount codes cannot be stacked in this way.

With this error being on your order we have had no alternative but to cancel this with immediate effect.

Please feel free to order again, however please do not stack any codes as our system will only reject the order or this will cause a file error again.

Kind Regards
    George

my first order had stacked discounts too and it was processed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Now I feel especially bad because I copied my stacked codes directly from GalwayGaillimh’s post and I got my pens already...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

Used stacked codes for my refills and received them. Still no movement on the pen though! Hopefully they don't cancel it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

It's exciting if nothing else!

I'm still waiting on mine....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Ryath

KinsellaJ wrote: »
    Used stacked codes for my refills and received them. Still no movement on the pen though! Hopefully they don't cancel it!

It's strange how they prioritised orders. I stacked 4 codes and ordered about 10 minutes to midnight on the day the offer ended. Shipped Friday delivered Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

DublinCJM wrote: »
    I placed an order with them which was under €22 before delivery fee, but just over €22 with the €4.99 charge. Anyone know if I should get hit with customs etc?

Afraid so, it's €22 including delivery is the threshold. I haven't heard of any allowance allowance above that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭lau1247

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards
    George

Out of interest, does your account order history now say cancelled or the transaction now removed? Just curious

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I'll tell you a story!

The mother was up in my grandmother's house earlier today, rooting.

She found an old Cross pen in a drawer, took it out and it writes away like new.

My grandmother died in 1997,almost 24 years ago, and nobody has been in that house since. That pen is probably in that drawer for 30 years. I don't know if the quality is still as good, but I was blown away by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards
    George

Engraved order? I’m almost positive no one will get an engraved delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Agent_47

I'll tell you a story!

The mother was up in my grandmother's house earlier today, rooting.

She found an old Cross pen in a drawer, took it out and it writes away like new.

My grandmother died in 1997,almost 24 years ago, and nobody has been in that house since. That pen is probably in that drawer for 30 years. I don't know if the quality is still as good, but I was blown away by that.

Moral of the story, most Cross pens end up in a drawer, but they were better made then!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 KinsellaJ

To be honest the engraving cost me €6 or €7, if they shipped it without the engraving I would be happy! The engraving was just an added bonus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Nunu wrote: »
    Engraved order? I’m almost positive no one will get an engraved delivery.

Nope not engraved , I registered online after I ordered to see could I track it but nope nothing appeared on the account..I rang them in uk last week and they said it was being processed...didn't mention about stacking codes etc...

Not to worry...some you win some you lose!

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Good Afternoon,

Kind Regards
    George

Looks like we've been rumbled so...
    Had you emailed them?

My account still says processing for the second order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

I've had no correspondence from Cross other than the initial order confirmation, but I've just had an email and text from DHL to say that it's due to be delivered tomorrow.

Same here, for two of three orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭davetherave

Ordered in the early hours of the morning on the 4th and naught yet other than the initial order confirmation. Around €35ish. Still showing as processing under the My Orders section on the website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement