Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

VMU arrived today and Typing of the Dead I got recently :)

lsAHbi1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

DaveyDave wrote: »
    VMU arrived today and Typing of the Dead I got recently :)

I only thought Typing Of The Dead was a home Dreamcast release but it was in the arcade also! Madness
    461116.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nuts, I wonder if I could get that into work, run the MS Office suite on it!

I think it's cool to see arcade games that aren't typical buttons or guns. Although I'm sure they're a pain for repairs considering how often regular shooters are broken at arcades. I recently learned that there was also a PS2 port of it in 2004 and a sequel based on HotD3 for PC only.

There's also apparently 3 versions of the original game in Japan, TotD 2003 which has Master Mode and an online Expert Vs Mode and TotD 2004 which has a kid mode.

And finally there's a Typing of the Dead Overkill. I recently tried Overkill for PS3 on PS Now, I didn't like it very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

My hands still twitch a little at the mere mention of Typing of the Dead. Fantastic (and very evil) game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Collecting all Japanese PS2 and SS Gundam and Dragon Ball games so here is start of the little collection.

eiTSsAgl.jpg

Yb6Tacgl.jpg

xUvtt08l.jpg

SWdYWxcl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not much games stuff lately it's all clothes lol
    Anyway, I got a new pin today
    41943294_10217226321471592_2573444184996315136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=974f04419090a82efc607dea207ce46e&oe=5C1C9B5F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Passed a cash for gold shop today, spotted a few blue dvd cases in the window so went in for a look.

10 minutes of flicking through shovel wear and soccer manager games and €20 later and walked out with this

FhgnJwV.jpg

Armored Core 2 has one of my favourite intros. Hard not to like the sound effects of the laser blade and overboost.

I never really got into 4:FA or 5, had them both but never time to play them. Surprised there's no mention of one for current gen, I believe they said there's one in the works. Easy to see why they aren't focusing on it though with the success of their other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

always wanted to try dante's inferno. I must look for a copy

• Advertisement

Just spoke to the owner of a big charity shop there about any crts.

Brought me round the back. And had a few widescreen ones there for €10. He told me to drop in regularly and see because they get recycled if they don't sell. I saw the container of them then....spotted 2 lovely sony 19" 4:3 monitors all wet and wrecked on the top :(

BGOllie wrote: »
    always wanted to try dante's inferno. I must look for a copy

CEX do it for €5 on the 360 and €8 for ps3. Well worth a go, shame they never did more with the IP

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just spoke to the owner of a big charity shop there about any crts.

Brought me round the back. And had a few widescreen ones there for €10. He told me to drop in regularly and see because they get recycled if they don't sell. I saw the container of them then....spotted 2 lovely sony 19" 4:3 monitors all wet and wrecked on the top :(

I have a D.I.D on my commute home that I walk by every day. People leave electronics for recycling to one side of the entrance. Same as that, I'm constantly seeing lovely looking CRTs left out to the elements. Wish I had the space to save them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

how many do you own at this stage :) ?

Master of the Universe

I've had to cut back quite a bit unfortunately! :( Sold off my 1084S and BVM1454D a while ago.

Am currently left with two production monitors (BVM 2016P and PVM9L2) and then the two 25 inch Toshibas in my cabs - doesn't feel like enough! :eek:

Really would like one of those nice big 4:3 29 inch consumer Trinitrons again. I do miss that one a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »
    Really would like one of those nice big 4:3 29 inch consumer Trinitrons again. I do miss that one a lot.

I have a Sony kv29x5 which I might be looking to shift once my RetroTINK 2X arrives should you be interested

Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I have a Sony kv29x5 which I might be looking to shift once my RetroTINK 2X arrives should you be interested

Ah man, as much as I'd love that, I've no space! :(

I think thats the CRT I cleaned out today. I have to double check

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just accepted delivery of this bad boy.

Been hearing it's soundtrack a lot playing the Shenmue remake so I had to have it. :-)

461730.jpg

I checked the model number and I have the same one. Some unit!

Being on a bit of a CRT buzz I decided to come back to that particular TV, the sound was very low bit picture was unreal so wanted to sort it. Cleaned out the back with compressed air cans and had it looking pretty clean.

I couldn't really see what the problem for the sound was, so I hooked it up to a set of speakers for the time being and everything was hunky Dorey.

Had a VHS player hooked up to it and had a tape playing in the backround when...boom, she died! :o

I reckon the chassis will have to be sent away so be repaired. Anyone around here be able to help or is grant the only man to send these to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

sugarman wrote: »
    Mega Games were 2quid from the RAGE the other day. Using one to replace my battered Castlevania case and the other for an Everdrive case with a printed sleeve. Carts will make a decent doorstop.

Grabbed the last 2 euro Mega Games. Mint condition, boxed with manuals. Very good deal. Columns is like cocaine... Also grabbed Stunt Race FX for a tenner.

So my Sony kv29x5 blew up the other night. I have a guy who looks like he can fix it, so hopefully he will come through. If not I'll send it to someone who can fix it

Right on que my backup Panasonic craps out. Kind of a squealing/buzzing sound coming from it and no sound from whats playing on the av port.

So both my house style crts are gone, decided to throw up an advert on my local facebook buy and sell group. A woman messaged me this morning, said she had a big old sony I could take away for free. Picked it up a while ago.......a feckin Sony kv29x5 :D Working perfectly!

Needs a good clean and a freshen up but picture on it is still top notch! came with the remote but im pretty sure thats scrap

So hopefully in a few weeks I'll have a twin Sony kv29x5 setup going

Master of the Universe

Christ that was bad luck with you TVs! Were they both in a garage/damp room? Seems weird for both to go at once.

Christ that was bad luck with you TVs! Were they both in a garage/damp room? Seems weird for both to go at once.

The Panasonic was odd, id say it could have been damaged when moved it maybe, it cost me €10 so probably not worth investigating it too much.

The Sony had sound issues and was stored in a cold garage for about a year so it was on the way out for a while I'd say

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nothing terribly get-tastic here.
    I'd hoped to pick up the SFIV TE stick from CEX in Balbriggan but some louser got there first!
    I had to console myself with a mediocre selection of PS4 games, Redout, Dungeon 2 and a nifty little shooter called Kromaia Omega.

Just this for the moment.

uyJVmE2.jpg

:(

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    :(

Tell me you can at least appreciate the Boris Vallejo cover art?? Or is it sullied by the game? :D

Tell me you can at least appreciate the Boris Vallejo cover art?? Or is it sullied by the game? :D

That's okay, his art was always pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Finally piced up a dead flash speccy, have a +3 and Spectrum+ for a good while but never had the original 48K until now.
    Also got a divMMC for it, which is great piece of kit :)

30070825967_c6a85b564e_c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement