Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Sorry for the crap pictures, kitchen was a mess so had to make do with the poorly lit mancave.

Saw this pop up for €155 including PAL copies of Soul Calibur and Sega Rally and had to grab it.

Box is a little beat up and it's missing the handle as most are, along with a second disc and cardboard tray. Going rate for a near complete box seems to be around €300 or so although most of them are in Japan and risky customs wise. I reckon this is the best I'll get without spending €350-400+

1 of 1,500 :D

i1Pk1es.jpg

9OSzinj.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Finally piced up a dead flash speccy, have a +3 and Spectrum+ for a good while but never had the original 48K until now.
    Also got a divMMC for it, which is great piece of kit :)

Been chasing for one of these on ebay for a fair while but the price can get out of hand on some of them.

Mind me asking where you picked it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,556 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Managed to score something I've been meaning to pick up for years, thanks for letting this one go Myrddin!

IMG_20181001_203529679.jpg[/url]

My Famicom has an unmodded cart slot so I've to play it like this for now. Still, amazing to finally have an original copy.

IMG_20181001_203605557.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

horgan_p wrote: »
    Been chasing for one of these on ebay for a fair while but the price can get out of hand on some of them.

Mind me asking where you picked it up ?

Straight from the source I think

https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/shop/sinclair/divmmcfuture.html

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I have just bought an Atari 800 from ebay that when it arrived the corner was broken....

I have glued the peices togeather and bough a new av cable and powersupply....

requested a refund from the seller and got a full refund from the courier company...

So I have a fully working Atari 800 computer for @ 25 euros ....yeah.......

WP_20180821_19_49_10_Rich_zpsgjjnllhv.jpg

WP_20180821_19_49_02_Rich_zps7d02pjni.jpg

• Advertisement

Also bought a commodore 128 and that is not working correctly either, have a refund request in as well....

The system will fail after running basic program like print

WP_20180930_16_18_39_Pro_zpsdjrh299d.jpg

Also has an error when in 64 mode....

WP_20180930_16_15_03_Pro_zpskasb9cix.jpg

Also shows random characters on screen....

Have ordered a diagonstic cartridge for it....

Mostly likely bad RAM in the C128

Mostly likely bad RAM in the C128

Thats what I am thinking, or maybe a bad PLA chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Been a while since I posted anything. But I have a few games bought and currently on the way from the States.

In the meantime this is what has arrived so far

hCYx1wYl.jpg

EDIT: I came back to upload more pics of my copy of MGS Integral. I wasn't really paying attention to what I actually got in the post and just wanted to take a quick photo so, here's a soft update.

PTUiJZsl.jpg
    -
    WcEqpmw.jpg
    -
    J6Ofxa3.jpg
    -
    J2Xoyb8h.jpg

Excuse the Actifed in the shot, I was dying last week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Jack burton

42694374_2254967504517868_4215229810810552320_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=48fdbb7e11140ecd4ebd81be0d4bb4f2&oe=5C50381A

Got these 2 records last week. Managed to get the limited edition policenauts.

On a side note I have to get some proper vinyl storage. Something with a lid, has anyone here gotten anything that could suit? I had a look at flight cases but I just want something to protect them really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I have just bought an Atari 800 from ebay that when it arrived the corner was broken....

I have glued the peices togeather and bough a new av cable and powersupply....

requested a refund from the seller and got a full refund from the courier company...

So I have a fully working Atari 800 computer for @ 25 euros ....yeah.......

Double refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not pictured, a fresh Scart for the Dreamcast and a boxed Vibration Pack.

Grabbed this Master System. It was a little pricier than I would have liked but it will be a Christmas gift from herself. There isn't many of them going and a good condition boxed one is practically non existent so pulled the trigger on an unboxed one.

gkWnuEE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got this today from the user formally known as EnterNow

xx5Z5sw.jpg

And thus concludes my Sega mega drive binge for the last month. I'll throw up a picture of all my recent gets in a while

Just won another Sony PVM aswell, one of the 9inch ones. Got it for £36 which isn't bad at all I don't think

Master of the Universe

Bit blurry but I bought a DDR school poster from the 50s to stick in the big blank space over the cabs, I think it works!

Also got the BVM and LMD hooked back up again.

IMG_20181003_205333486.jpg

IMG_20181003_205421888.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sneak peak of some arcade goodies from Yahoo Japan

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice! What are the Atomiswave carts?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice! What are the Atomiswave carts?

The cheap ones!

Kof neowave. Guilty gear isuka, demolishfist and some horse racing one

Can't get over how small the Atomiswave is compared to the Naomi, given they're practically the same system

IMAG0066.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So I dug out my Gameboy Advance SP - after about 10 years it still had some battery life, but I had no charger.
    I ordered a charger and played a few of my DMG-01 games onit, but now I've decided that I really want Advance Wars (and lots other on it) so I've just ordered an EZ Flash Omega - it's a lot cheaper than everdrive and should be fine to scratch that particular itch.
    I post up some pics as soon as I get it !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You can also stick a NES/Famicom emulator on those things, those games work really well on the GBA.

I have an EZFlashIV cart and use it in my GBMicro. It's especially useful there because while the GBMicro is a nice device, it is GBA only, so if you want to play GB/C games you are out of luck, unless you run one an emulator from the little flash cart, works like a charm!

• Advertisement

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So I dug out my Gameboy Advance SP - after about 10 years it still had some battery life, but I had no charger.
    I ordered a charger and played a few of my DMG-01 games onit, but now I've decided that I really want Advance Wars (and lots other on it) so I've just ordered an EZ Flash Omega - it's a lot cheaper than everdrive and should be fine to scratch that particular itch.
    I post up some pics as soon as I get it !

Haven't heard of this Omega cart. Decent sounding cart. I've an old ez flash advance. Wasn't tempted to upgrade until I saw this.

Haven't heard of this Omega cart. Decent sounding cart. I've an old ez flash advance. Wasn't tempted to upgrade until I saw this.

So I'm getting it from a UK seller for 33 pounds, postage included on eBay UK

Do you want a link to it?

Review here: https://gbatemp.net/review/ez-flash-omega.795/

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So I'm getting it from a UK seller for 33 pounds, postage included on eBay UK

Do you want a link to it?

Review here: https://gbatemp.net/review/ez-flash-omega.795/

I actually spotted that seller too on eBay I reckon. have it in my watch list!

Got this beast during the week :)

44400094684_38851d0bc0_c.jpg

Got the cab from Kevin2me and picked up the front cp on UKVAC, will need a fair amount of work to finish off.
    Needs a lot of wiring done so will probably convert to Jamma & Mame, not too interested in the JVS stuff.

Could do with a respray as well, still deciding between all black or restore to original colour.

Very nice dude. Looking forward to the restoration log!

Has some of the monitor surround been painted or missing?
    Didn't think it was black all around

Got this beast during the week :)

44400094684_38851d0bc0_c.jpg

Got the cab from Kevin2me and picked up the front cp on UKVAC, will need a fair amount of work to finish off.
    Needs a lot of wiring done so will probably convert to Jamma & Mame, not too interested in the JVS stuff.

Could do with a respray as well, still deciding between all black or restore to original colour.

VERY nice!

They are an absolute unit ,unbelievably heavy!
    Mine was fairly banged up,would love to have an absolutely mint one .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Chopped with a respray in black

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭Inviere

Yeah full respray in Black would be the ticket

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kerb has one or two, and had done a good of work on his, maybe he'll post up some advice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement