Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Heavy is putting it lightly (haha).
    For mine, I cut the legs to make it a sit down cab - also painted the monitor surrounds and the control panel tops matt black. I kept the legs etc. white, kinda works with the contrast - if it was all black it would be kinda a very large monolith in the corner :)

463157.jpg

Wiring for JAMMA, makes sense if you don't want to toy around with JVS you'd just need to convert the video to VGA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Thinking of stain black all over with the Naomi Universal orange vinyls and white controls, definitely getting chopped.

Its a Sanwa 31Khz monitor so handy for a Mame cab, have one of those 15Khz-31Khz video converters so will try that out and see what the quality is like.
    It'll be a total mongrel inside and out but hopefully won't turn up on the mame-of-shame thread :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just collected my hard modded PS2 phat.
    Looking forward to doing lots of "research" with it in the coming years!
    Apparently it's the DMS3 chip, which is a good thing.
    It'll play pretty much everything you can throw at it.

For the full throw back experience I should either store "research" in a giant dvd cake or buy a printer that will do faux labels on the "research"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

DMS3 chip is one of the better ones, handy feature where you can run apps from the memory card (like Hddloader etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I was a big fan on BBS's back in the day so recently got one of these. A wifi64 - giving wifi connectivity for a C64.

vj0o5.jpg

Really great bit of kit. The internet before the internet. :)

21l38g0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just did some testing there and it works like a charm.
    Funny thing though, the previous owner gave me a couple of his own "research" disks and they were games like Pro Evo 06 and 07!
    I mean, the blank media probably costs more a piece than the games in CEX!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Inviere wrote: »
    That C64 looks minty fresh

It was an ebay find. Came boxed and looked like the previous owner did not use it much. Just a bit of elbow grease was all that was needed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Few new nes games. I'm looking forward to playing 2 of them... :)

IMAG0095.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got 6lbs 9oz of "Here comes a new challenger" delivered last night ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just got my EZ-Flash Omega for my GBA SP - did a firmware update and had a quick play of Final Fight One - works great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm mad into pins rn.
    I got these, it's World Mental Health day today too so that was good timing for this Animal Crossing one
    DpJhJliWkAAcyR4?format=jpg&name=orig
    And a Pokemon one
    DpJg627XgAEb70l?format=jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I said it already but
    NES--Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%20III_Dec24%2016_57_06.png

On he's on here looking fora mega man booklet :D

Congratulations JB, you, are now Player 2 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

0954ee15605d4f380ac461fd0e50d1c1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Thanks lads, fairly wrecked now. Wasn't even sure what day it was today haha

On he's on here looking fora mega man booklet :D
    Couldn't have my child brought into a home that doesn't have a complete copy of the wily wars

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yea, all that hand holding is difficult, hope your alright:D

Yea, all that hand holding is difficult, hope your alright:D

I tried the gas, given there was a lot of waiting around. Suffice it to say, I won't be doing that again :o

Inviere wrote: »
    I tried the gas, given there was a lot of waiting around. Suffice it to say, I won't be doing that again :o
    Was it any good?
    I wanted to try it this time but the midwife was there the whole time and I didn't want her to think I just wanted to get high while my child was being born:o

• Advertisement

Was it any good?
    I wanted to try it this time but the midwife was there the whole time and I didn't want her to think I just wanted to get high while my child was being born:o

It's N2O as far as I can make out, because, unless you're in severe pain, you're going to laugh...a lot. Don't do it, they'll know instantly because you'll be cracking up for a few minutes for no reason at all, and its uncontrollable. Once it wears off, the embarrassment kicks in :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They had me on nitrous oxide when they were binding my broken leg. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Pandora's Box 6 CGA/JAMMA arrived yesterday - it isn't half bad, seems to allow PS1 games also...of course all through emulation.
    Ciderman can vouch about slow down'ness - from a quick go it was better than the previous Pandora's type all-in-one arcade emu boxes I've tried before.

So playing my GBA SP (now that I got my EZ Flash Omega) and I don't remember the screen being this dark (even with the backlight).
    Is the GBA Micro any better ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

deadl0ck wrote: »
    So playing my GBA SP (now that I got my EZ Flash Omega) and I don't remember the screen being this dark (even with the backlight).

I couldn't get over how dark my sp was too when I turned it on last week. I wonder is it just because we're so used to the brightness of smart phones and tablets

I couldn't get over how dark my sp was too when I turned it on last week. I wonder is it just because we're so used to the brightness of smart phones and tablets
    I think so - we're just used to super bright displays now. But I think I read somewhere the micro screen was a fair bit better

Couldn't have my child brought into a home that doesn't have a complete copy of the wily wars

Congratulations!
    It's all in the reflexes!

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Pandora's Box 6 CGA/JAMMA arrived yesterday - it isn't half bad, seems to allow PS1 games also...of course all through emulation.
    Ciderman can vouch about slow down'ness - from a quick go it was better than the previous Pandora's type all-in-one arcade emu boxes I've tried before.
    Interesting, ps1 games, what do they play like?
    What are side scrollers like
    Eg. Wonderboy, GNG, RType?

deadl0ck wrote: »

Is it the front lit model? You can get a replacement back lit screen for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Few bits arriving over the course of the last 2 weeks.

SJgLxeWh.jpg?1
    Conflict: Desert Storm | Gran Turismo 3 | NBA Street 2 | Tekken 4 | Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance | State of Emergency | Road Rash 3D | MGS: Legacy Collection (All NTSC, CIB)

sEjtfCEh.jpg

I no longer even own a PS3, I'm using my brother's - he doesn't use it anymore. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement