Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Suckit wrote: »
    Swapped phone there, and Revolut want me to take a selfie so that I will use it from now on to login.
    I can't pass it, I guess I can by downloading an older version, but will that eventually come back as normal with updates, or is that just because I am after changing phone?
    No option for fingerprint.
    Had that when I changed phone recently too. It's a one-time security check that can't be bypassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

You think that's bad, N26 wanted all sorts when factory reset phone, even down to waiting 12 hours from talking to customer care to starting process (as good as setting up again)

Number on passport
    Expiry
    What's my number, then tell them a code from text message
    Then picture of my passport two different ways
    Selfie including moving my face
    Then had to wait to accept all that before could use account

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Quackster wrote: »
    Had that when I changed phone recently too. It's a one-time security check that can't be bypassed.
    The one I am getting is something along the lines of

'Revolut want to a Selfie to verify it's you, we don't care how you look, it's just for security, nobody will see it. We will use the selfie to verify you from now on every time you login'
    That's not exactly it, but that is what made me take notice. I don't want selfie login. I have rolled back many apps, so far I am on 7.19,2 I think, and still requires updating app before continuing, so not sure how far I am going to have to go (started as far back as last August).
    I don't care if it makes me sound like a tinfoil hat wearer, I don't want a financial company having all of my details - passport details, phone number, address, DOB, PIN, email address, what I spent my last €5 on, when I last topped up, how much I topped up by etc. and now demanding I use a selfie login. Any of those other details should be enough. Even two of them.
    I will try a few more previous app versions, and see if I can login without signing up for a selfie login, and if not, happily leave.
    They aren't the best option, but at the minute they are one of the best in Ireland. Waiting for a few to launch here.
    jeffk wrote: »
    You think that's bad, N26 wanted all sorts when factory reset phone, even down to waiting 12 hours from talking to customer care to starting process (as good as setting up again)

Number on passport
    Expiry
    What's my number, then tell them a code from text message
    Then picture of my passport two different ways
    Selfie including moving my face
    Then had to wait to accept all that before could use account
    I had no issues with N26 yet.
    I signed in, verified number. So far they send me a PIN to my number to confirm anything when logging in, but the card etc. works as normal.

Crypto exchanges varied for me, from ridiculously easy to a bit of hassle, but so far Revolut has been the toughest. I can't get anything to work without agreeing to selfie from now on.
    I also don't know what may come after that, if they will want further proof.

I'm including Crypto exchanges with 2FA and no master key in that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Outside the IBAN issue this is only time I had issues with N26

They are meant to be more secure and safer bet for larger sums of money compared to Revolut, so maybe that's why harder to re set up the app/account

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Supercell wrote: »
    I keep getting a message saying there is a problem when trying to top up my Revolut card using googlepay (KBC card) anyone else having issues today?

Having this problem today. Always worked up until now. Did you get it sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Has anyone successfully changed to Energia with the Revolut 100 cashback plus €350 credit to use in their online smart home store?

I was almost through online and noticed that in the summary, it only mentions the €100 cashback and nothing about the €350. Rang Energia and the person I spoke with didn't really know much so wasn't a big help.

I have used this offer last month and received the Smart Home voucher for 350 after the initial 14 day cooling off period ended. Haven't spent it yet but according to terms its valid til the end of the year. I believe the 100 comes off your 3rd bill with them.

I was also concerned not to see any note of the smarthome offer in my initial contact with them including the letters they sent me. I sent an email enquiry and received confirmation per above so I would suggest trying to contact them that way for confirmation if you are concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi all, I am confused on how much a transfer from my revolut (euro) to a polish bank account (not revolut, not euro) will cost me? Its quite a large amount i am transferring so not sure if revolut is my best bet. Their help section is not very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am confused on how much a transfer from my revolut (euro) to a polish bank account (not revolut, not euro) will cost me? Its quite a large amount i am transferring so not sure if revolut is my best bet. Their help section is not very helpful.

They have limits on currency transfer. I wanted to transfer a large amount to Sterling before christmas, I was told I would need to build up the amount I could transfer over a few transactions before I could transfer this value. Maybe try somewhere like TransferMate or FexCo who I used in the end to avoid bank fees.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

mel123 wrote: »

There is no fee for transferring to another SEPA region bank account. Poland is a SEPA country (even though they use zloty).

The FX markup will be displayed on the transfer confirmation screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Has anyone used Revolut in another country.lets say Australia. You load it up from your oz bank account into Revolut and transfer that to an Irish account. Is this better than currencyfair or traditional bank to bank transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

I've used it to transfer money to SA bank accounts. No problem.

Have also sent one of my spare cards to a family member.
    They just pay or withdraw as they wish (as long as I have topped up).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr.S wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/operating-losses-double-at-rovolut-as-staff-costs-surge-1.4599193

You’d have to wonder how long they can continue haemorrhaging money before investors start to question things.

Baking license in key markets is badly needed, I can’t see them turning any corners without it.

I didn't realise they were selling cakes and buns :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I’m not an investor but even I am starting to question things :pac:

Those investors are taking some real whisks

My Mother currently having a nightmare trying to put money on her card through AIB.
    She got a new card last month, and ever since that, there is a verification (that always fails) when she tries to top up. She normally rings and gets the restriction removed and the money added. But today the girl is telling her that the restriction is by Visa not AIB and there is nothing she can do.
    She said revolut is seen as dodgy by them or something to that effect, which is BS, as no need to go into that part.
    Is there any way of removing the AIB verification for revolut so that she can send money to revolut as she needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

My Mother currently having a nightmare trying to put money on her card through AIB.
    She got a new card last month, and ever since that, there is a verification (that always fails) when she tries to top up. She normally rings and gets the restriction removed and the money added. But today the girl is telling her that the restriction is by Visa not AIB and there is nothing she can do.
    She said revolut is seen as dodgy by them or something to that effect, which is BS, as no need to go into that part.
    Is there any way of removing the AIB verification for revolut so that she can send money to revolut as she needs?

Use google pay to top up revolut. Aib work with google pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Buffman

She can just do an ordinary online bank transfer to the Revolut account. Set it up as a beneficiary once and it's done with. Normally arrives next working day for me.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

Use google pay to top up revolut. Aib work with google pay.
    Buffman wrote: »
    She can just do an ordinary online bank transfer to the Revolut account. Set it up as a beneficiary once and it's done with. Normally arrives next working day for me.
    Thanks, missed those as I had to go after posting and only back now.

She got sorted in the end. After a lot of back and forth (and waiting for callbacks that never came), AIB had all sorts of reasons for her, Visa are upping their fraud detection, they have flagged Revolut as a threat etc..
    She eventually got through to one girl who was able to check something and get through to another department. It turns out that when she was trying to transfer, she was getting denied instantly instead of having the AIB code page appear and receiving an SMS with the code to verify it was her and her device.
    Hopefully that is the end of that hassle, as she doesn't need to be dealing with that, I think she said she was 2 hours on the phone to them today in total, 1 in the morning back and forth and 1 later broken up into 30 minutes and a couple of others. I was getting the calls in the meantime to see if I could help in any way. One of the staff suggested she got a family member to help her as she might be doing something wrong. She wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

BArra wrote: »
    bank is PTSB, whenever i top up my revolut now, it needs the text 6 digit code along with 3 random PAN code

kind of annoying, what was reason for this? assume its ptsb...

EU banking regs

Eir wouldn't accept Revolut, is that illegal?
    I asked her why, and she said machines not able to or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

That makes no sense, they are the same as any other VISA or Mastercard. But it would not surprise me, eir is a pile of shoite. Try going onto my eir and do it online or the anpost site have a page you can pay bills on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I believe it's technically illegal if for something like a DD. I guess their systems are configured for Irish Ibans and the likes, + I doubt they like people using Revolut for bills/DD, and maybe they're just told to not accept it to chance it.

You might be able to press to get them to use it, but it's probably a few hours work!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks, it was my mother on to an agent, she used bank card, but I will change it if possible. I'm pretty sure I have her revolut details, I will get eir account login from her and chenge it in there hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

I pay bills using the virtual card and it works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

beachhead wrote: »
    EU banking regs

PTSB's interpretation of EU regs

Do previously if you were sending money to your Revolut account via bank transfer using the old GB IBAN it said that payments would be rejected after 30/6 and to update to the LT one (whike they obtain their CBI license).

I knew they'd never shut the GB IBAN so quickly....and so now it says

"We wanted to remind you that after Thursday, 30 September 2021, transfers to the above account details will fail to arrive. Please share your updated account details with anyone who transfers money to you"

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Wonder if anyone could advise...

I have a monthly standing order set up from my 'regular' bank account to transfer a set amount to to my Revolut each month. from there I have my Revolut set to split this amongst various Vaults...

The monthly transfer is set for 26th of each month and my Vault allocation is set for 27th of each month.

For whatever reason the transfer didn't go through on the 26th and only went through today (28th). Revolut has not allocated any money into vaults and they all say that the next date for transfer is 27th July...

Will it eventually correct itself or will I need to manually split the money into vaults this month?

Was it something to do with the 26th & 27th being a weekend that may have caused this?

• Administrators Posts: 53,460 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mr.S wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/financial-services/operating-losses-double-at-rovolut-as-staff-costs-surge-1.4599193

You’d have to wonder how long they can continue haemorrhaging money before investors start to question things.

Baking license in key markets is badly needed, I can’t see them turning any corners without it.

Costs are definitely not helped by them completely redesigning their app every year. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

That should be enough of a red flag not to sign up to eir. "computer says no", christ :rolleyes:

Advertisement