Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was about to ask what happened to this thread. You guys used to be cool. :p

Any of you playing that were saying it was a crap month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was about to ask what happened to this thread. You guys used to be cool. :p

Any of you playing that were saying it was a crap month?

No I bought it ages ago but didn’t really get in to it - said I’d give it another shot seeing the month that’s in it and now I’m cursing myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I'm on my 3rd re-start. You learn more each time from your mistakes

It's a bit scary how quickly you get sucked in. I put in on last night for a quick 20 minute play before bed and got up from the sofa 2 hours later.

I'm on my 3rd re-start. You learn more each time from your mistakes

It's a bit scary how quickly you get sucked in. I put in on last night for a quick 20 minute play before bed and got up from the sofa 2 hours later.

I think most of that hook is down to how quickly stuff gets built - every session I have turns in to "I'll just build this residential zone now and turn it off - oooh maybe I should throw in a convention center here as well....and maybe some parks....oh now those roads need to be improved..and linked to the others" :D

The 'Pearls from the East' DLC seems to be free to download too.

• Advertisement

The 'Pearls from the East' DLC seems to be free to download too.

It's just a hideous looking tower and a Panda sanctuary I think. Interested in the Natural disasters DLC but I think I'd have a dualshock embedded in the TV if a meteor or tsunami ****ed something I'd spent hours creating :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Looks like carols candles and candy is free too.
    Blaze420 wrote: »
    It's just a hideous looking tower and a Panda sanctuary I think.

Looks like Ciencianotown is getting a panda sanctuary :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So Cienciano, should I install Cities tonight? Or will my life as I know it be over?

So Cienciano, should I install Cities tonight? Or will my life as I know it be over?

You should, purely to see how addictive it is. PM me at 3am if you need any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's just a hideous looking tower and a Panda sanctuary I think. Interested in the Natural disasters DLC but I think I'd have a dualshock embedded in the TV if a meteor or tsunami ****ed something I'd spent hours creating :D

You can set it so there's no random disasters and just player initiated ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

As Varik said you can set it so they only occur when you want them to.

Helps in particular when you have a full cemetery or landfill and you can't wait for it to empty... Just open a sinkhole and make it disappear :pac:

Glico Man wrote: »
    As Varik said you can set it so they only occur when you want them to.

Helps in particular when you have a full cemetery or landfill and you can't wait for it to empty... Just open a sinkhole and make it disappear :pac:

I couldn’t do it - as much as I hate the residents of Diamond Ballsack Hills I could never inflict a disaster on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just an FYI for all you cities addicts, they're putting the Green Cities DLC for free until the 28th of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Don't have access to my PS4 right now so I've been trying to access the Playstation store from a web browser. However, after successfully logging in, the "Sign In" button appears in the top right hand corner again. Clicking on add to basket seems to just refresh the page. Have tried Chrome, Safari, and Incognito mode and all behave the same. Anyone else ever have this issue?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Don't have access to my PS4 right now so I've been trying to access the Playstation store from a web browser. However, after successfully logging in, the "Sign In" button appears in the top right hand corner again. Clicking on add to basket seems to just refresh the page. Have tried Chrome, Safari, and Incognito mode and all behave the same. Anyone else ever have this issue?

There is a message on it to say there is a problem with Safari that they are working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Keith186

Worked on Android PS4 app for me.

It's working on Chrome for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Notmything

I've had this issue in the past, usually end up using Firefox to log in.

I always use the android app for anything PS4 related, purely because I can see if anything on my wishlist is on sale.

The store badly needs an update, not being able to filter by game type or turn off add ons is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

PS4 app on my Android device says it cannot get a connection to the server :rolleyes:. Chrome on laptop or mobile still doesn't work. Will have to try Firefox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Call of Duty : WWII is part of June's games and will be available to download tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Call of Duty : WWII is part of June's games and will be available to download tomorrow

You got a link? if that's true i'd be pretty happy, i really enjoyed WWII and have since sold it on so id be happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great Call of Duty one of the best of the current generation. Great campaign and love the multiplayer! Well worth the download!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

bmorrissey wrote: »
    You got a link? if that's true i'd be pretty happy, i really enjoyed WWII and have since sold it on so id be happy with that.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1286609/PS-Plus-June-2020-free-PS4-games-PlayStation-Doom-Dead-Cells

Happy with that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1264941827473453056

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

On EU twitter too.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1264942075373662208?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Brilliant, im happy with that 100% and it had one of the most fun online games in "Gridiron" i thought. been some pretty good lineups lately in fairness. i was skeptical about this months but i found cities skylines to be a pretty decent and addictive game.

• Only bought it a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Is the Single player campaign any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,604 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

coolisin wrote: »
    Is the Single player campaign any use?

I'm no cod fan but found the campaign very good.

Advertisement