Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Meh. Could they have chosen 2 games further away from Dying Light and Dark Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jaysus and I thought the Xbox offering was bad this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Kingp35 wrote: »
    They're both already on PS Now. Disappointed with those picks.

And I got Real Farm for €0.49 cent, not even downloaded it!

awful month, probably worst ever

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess they saw the reaction to Animal Crossing on the Switch and people loving it during Lockdown so decided to give us something that just reflects the real world. You can't go outside? Pretend you're working a farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess they saw the reaction to Animal Crossing on the Switch and people loving it during Lockdown so decided to give us something that just reflects the real world. You can't go outside? Pretend you're working a farm.

Stardew Valley is what they, and everyone else, should be looking at in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Cities: Skylines is there due to all the talk about Gangs of London

• Cities: Skylines and Farming Simulator 19 are the PlayStation Plus games for May.

Fantastic month for me. Best in a while.

Looking forward to Cities: Skylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Looking forward to Cities: Skylines.

Have had it for ages myself, be prepared for a time sink. In a good way. Time flies by when you're playing so be prepared.

• Glico Man wrote: »
    Have had it for ages myself, be prepared for a time sink. In a good way. Time flies by when you're playing so be prepared.

I planned on getting it in a recent sale but didn't bother so it has worked out nicely, for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Cities: Skylines is excellent. Perfect game to have when you can't leave the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd give Skylines a go, but I wouldn't even add farming simulator to my download list. Not a great month, but I can see why they had these games this month

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I know people who swear by Farming Simulator as the best way they have to chill out. Not for me though, to me it's just a pile of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Not a great month, but something different I will download them and give them a quick whirl see if they get me into them.
    Guess this is the thing about the free games not in a million years would I buy either, but I will play these now see what they are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,374 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm gonna download farming simulator and annoy my 6 day a week late 18 hour a day farming buddy with pictures of me 'hard at work' on the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I know people who swear by Farming Simulator as the best way they have to chill out. Not for me though, to me it's just a pile of ****.

Make sure you save that for the farm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

i'm gonna download farming simulator and annoy my 6 day a week late 18 hour a day farming buddy with pictures of me 'hard at work' on the farm.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to doing the same :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fúck, you just convinced me to download it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

Get the Seasons mod for Farming Simulator 19. It makes a massive difference to the game . And don't play it with the standard in game farm maps. There are dozens on the modhub including some Irish ones

Fairly sickened with this month’s offering, two quite niche games from the sim genre which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, particularly when they know everyone is stuck indoors and wants to play something, really disappointing.

Had the announcement been a month ago I would’ve presumed it was an April fools pisstake

• Registered Users Posts: 26,320 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Another reason I cancelled.

Throwing the odd tenner at PS Now when there is something I actually want to play seems a far better use of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,389 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fairly sickened with this month’s offering, two quite niche games from the sim genre which isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, particularly when they know everyone is stuck indoors and wants to play something, really disappointing.

I'm guessing part of the reasoning might be that sim-type games are timesinks, so when you're stuck indoors you'd get more hours out of them than most other types of games.

That said, their appeal is so much narrower that it means most people then get nothing out of them, so if that was their reasoning for giving those games, it was a huge mis-step.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The new games are live.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The new games are live.

I can hardly contain my excitement /s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Yeah, will probably give both games a pass.
    Heard you'd need to be a civil engineer to actually do well at Skylines, and can't say I've any interest in Farming Simulator.

Can't really complain after Uncharted 4 (and trilogy), Bioshock series, Shadow Of Colossus, and of course Goat Simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Played Cities Skylines last night and really enjoyed it. Very addictive as I expected. Already planning what I want to do and build later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lucky to be awake now, was up until 5 playing farming simulator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Tandey

Varik wrote: »
    Lucky to be awake now, was up until 5 playing farming simulator.

Farmers don’t get much sleep. Get used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Skylines is good. Having a Civil Engineering degree would be beneficial, but it's definitely a game of do, do it wrong, learn lesson, move on. But it has an inherent flaw. The drivers in it are too realistic and create their own traffic jams!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Skylines is good. Having a Civil Engineering degree would be beneficial, but it's definitely a game of do, do it wrong, learn lesson, move on. But it has an inherent flaw. The drivers in it are too realistic and create their own traffic jams!

I’m enjoying it I must say. Like you said - I’ve had to give up on a few saves and start again but it certainly is addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Haha yeah traffic management is a nightmare in it. I haven’t played in quite a while but I think you can designate roads to only travel a certain way? So in your main manufacturing or business areas you do a one way loop with the road feeding back on to an exit route. Roundabouts are a godsend as well.

Advertisement