Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Homelander

coolisin wrote: »
    Is the Single player campaign any use?

I thought it was one of the weaker COD campaigns. MW, MW2, MW3, World at War, Infinite Warfare, Black Ops, Black Ops2, are all better.

World at War is amazing, but WW2 to me seemed really generic and "tick this box and that box", there's nothing at all memorable about it.

I would argue only "worse" campaign is probably Ghosts or Black Ops 3.

The MP was decent but again, World at War is a decade older and a better WW2 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Homelander wrote: »
    I thought it was one of the weaker COD campaigns. MW, MW2, MW3, World at War, Infinite Warfare, Black Ops, Black Ops2, are all better.

World at War is amazing, but WW2 to me seemed really generic and "tick this box and that box", there's nothing at all memorable about it.

I would argue only "worse" campaign is probably Ghosts or Black Ops 3.

The MP was decent but again, World at War is a decade older and a better WW2 game.

I worked on that one :D This makes me feel happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

As long as it's not 5 trillion terabytes like modern warfare.

Cienciano wrote: »
    As long as it's not 5 trillion terabytes like modern warfare.

Patch notes:

Adjusted texture on pistol grip for M1911
    Adjusted reflection on mini-reflex on SCAR-L
    Adjusted texture on boot for female skin

Update size: 30GB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Homelander wrote: »
    Patch notes:

Adjusted texture on pistol grip for M1911
    Adjusted reflection on mini-reflex on SCAR-L
    Adjusted texture on boot for female skin

Update size: 30GB

Please delete 46GB to enable installation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,195 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d like to try Warzone out of simple curiosity, but the updates are so farcically large I genuinely couldn’t be bothered. Managing data and installs on PS4 is a pain, even with an external drive hooked up.

I know AAA games are to some degree massive these days, but seriously. Would happily take the hit in asset quality to bring it down to a today dozen or two gbs, max.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,340 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Would love if Dead Cells was part of the lineup. Nearly bought it a few weeks ago. Then again, the fact it was on sale at the time possibly means it won't be on PS+ so soon after, that might annoy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cod WW2 is out today?

I’d like to try Warzone out of simple curiosity, but the updates are so farcically large I genuinely couldn’t be bothered. Managing data and installs on PS4 is a pain, even with an external drive hooked up.

I know AAA games are to some degree massive these days, but seriously. Would happily take the hit in asset quality to bring it down to a today dozen or two gbs, max.
    I downloaded it a couple of weeks back, played two games, had to install update but as it was so big I just deleted it. It's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

duploelabs wrote: »
    Cod WW2 is out today?

Yeah its free to download if you have psplus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah its free to download if you have psplus

Still showing up as full price

EDIT found it in the ps+ section, not shown in the general search

duploelabs wrote: »
    Still showing up as full price

EDIT found it in the ps+ section, not shown in the general search

I found it via search on android app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's showing up with the other games that came out earlier this month - does that mean there are still a couple of games to be announced in June?

It's showing up with the other games that came out earlier this month - does that mean there are still a couple of games to be announced in June?

Yeah they released call of duty early even though its part of June monthly games which the rest will probably be announced tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I downloaded it a couple of weeks back, played two games, had to install update but as it was so big I just deleted it. It's a joke.

I think it actually downloads the whole game not just warzone.

This is a practise becoming much more common,amount of times I've bought DLC to realise theres no download meaning the DLC is installed already even though I had no access.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Spiderman has been rumoured to be the other game. I'm saying rumoured as it nothing more. Eurogamer mentioned it in passing

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-26-call-of-duty-ww2-free-via-playstation-plus-today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

ERG89 wrote: »
    Spiderman has been rumoured to be the other game. I'm saying rumoured as it nothing more. Eurogamer mentioned it in passing

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-05-26-call-of-duty-ww2-free-via-playstation-plus-today

It would be a bit of a dick move after discounting it so heavily for the days of play promotion.

I would have thought there would still be another two games. They've given COD games away free as extra games in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

It would be a bit of a dick move after discounting it so heavily for the days of play promotion.

I would have thought there would still be another two games. They've given COD games away free as extra games in the past.

Sure it's a PS Now game at the moment - that's also where they pulled Farming Simulator & Cities Skylines out of last month. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it comes true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Sure it's a PS Now game at the moment - that's also where they pulled Farming Simulator & Cities Skylines out of last month. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it comes true.

No point trying to entice people to join PS Now if your putting them on PS Plus also...

Call of Duty WWII is 81.3GB download :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

that's practically the Tuesday update for the new one

Modern Warfare literally takes up 50% of a standard PS4 500GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't understand how ye are having space issues. I have a 1tb drive, and have about 18 games installed, including MW2019. Still have 200gb free.

Anyway, WWII was meh. Didn't feel new and just felt like I was playing a game I played before again. MP was also meh. Nothing new in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I don't understand how ye are having space issues. I have a 1tb drive, and have about 18 games installed, including MW2019. Still have 200gb free.

Anyway, WWII was meh. Didn't feel new and just felt like I was playing a game I played before again. MP was also meh. Nothing new in it.

The base 500gb console only has 360GB available for games. A 1TB console has more than double the available space at 860GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

This isn't showing up on my account, I also can't log in to the PSN via my laptop keep getting an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

This isn't showing up on my account, I also can't log in to the PSN via my laptop keep getting an error.

COD?

Just go into the plus icon on the top line and it should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is the error "unable to connect to server" followed by a long error code? It's location based error apparently. If you use a VPN and log in to should be ok. You can turn off the VPN after you get in. I had it on the android app for a few days and the vpn fix worked today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Am looking at the store on the PS4 and all I see are the Gold and Deluxe editions and all the add ons. Don't see the base game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Apparently for new players there is free 1100 COD points for new players who don't own the game m, this can be used on other CODs like Modern Warfare. Might be a bug but take them if you see. them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hi - been away from the playstation plus scene for over a year now - anyone know where I can get a cheap 1 month/3month/1 year voucher? Thanks

Advertisement