Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Apparently for new players there is free 1100 COD points for new players who don't own the game m, this can be used on other CODs like Modern Warfare. Might be a bug but take them if you see. them

Also btw these can be used for the Warzone Battlepass

• Registered Users Posts: 7,549 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Danick wrote: »
    Hi - been away from the playstation plus scene for over a year now - anyone know where I can get a cheap 1 month/3month/1 year voucher? Thanks

Everywhere atm. PS+ is €41.99 until June 8th as part of the Days of Play promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Everywhere atm. PS+ is €41.99 until June 8th as part of the Days of Play promotion.

Sorry for annoying you but when I tried the Playstation store it came up as 59.99 - did you get it somewhere else? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sorry for annoying you but when I tried the Playstation store it came up as 59.99 - did you get it somewhere else? Thanks

Gamestop have it for the mentioned price. You receive the code in your account shortly after the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Benzino wrote: »
    Gamestop have it for the mentioned price. You receive the code in your account shortly after the purchase.

Excellent - thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's not being discounted on the store until next week. Best idea is to be pick up a €50 psn card from Eneba for €45 and you're essentially getting free €5 store credit when you pick it up next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,924 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Star wars Battlefront 2 is apparently the other free game for June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Oooh that's an interesting one, I've nearly picked it up a few times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Blaze420 wrote: »
    Oooh that's an interesting one, I've nearly picked it up a few times :D

Worth the pick up defiantly, for a game that was such a mess at launch with all the issues it had, its really redeemed itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,184 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Wasn't it already given away?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Wasn't it already given away?

Neither Battlefront has been given away on plus.

The first game was a freebie for new subscribers a few years ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

If that is true i would be happy enough, put off picking it up a few times for the Star Wars shooting! But didnt want to spend much on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

I'd be happy enough with BFII, have had it and WWII on my list for a while.

Although, rumours for the May games were hinting at dark souls remastered so I'll temper my expectations a bit for BFII.

Brozy wrote: »
    I'd be happy enough with BFII, have had it and WWII on my list for a while.

Although, rumours for the May games were hinting at dark souls remastered so I'll temper my expectations a bit for BFII.

The dark souls Remastered rumour was a complete fake, Battlefront was taken from leaked Instagram post from playstation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Worth the pick up defiantly, for a game that was such a mess at launch with all the issues it had, its really redeemed itself.

I tried to give it time after the fun I had with the original but it was such a mess that I gave up after a month or so, hopefully it's improved a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does Battlefront 2 have a single player campaign?

CastorTroy wrote: »

It does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

RedXIV wrote: »
    I tried to give it time after the fun I had with the original but it was such a mess that I gave up after a month or so, hopefully it's improved a lot?

Yeah i think it has improved a huge amount, all the bollocks with the micro-transactions has calmed down alot and they brought in alot of free DLC after each of the new films i believe. haven't played it in a while but it was greatly improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,184 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

RedXIV wrote: »

It really has become polished and there's constant updates with new features and a healthy player base

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Homelander

It's fairly crap. Dice have a history of making amazing MP games with terrible campaigns.

The multiplayer is good though. If they hadn't made such a balls of it on launch it would've gone down as a true classic.

Nothing disappointed me more than the first Battlefront reboot. How Dice, a company renowned for their online shooters, made a game so inferior to the original games I cannot understand.

The original Battlefront 2 is still a great game even now.

• Advertisement

I'm not a multiplayer fan. So would probably skip both CoD and Battlefront if it's part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Bf2 already on EA access so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

titan18 wrote: »
    Bf2 already on EA access so meh.

Bit frustrating as I imagine if you have it on EA Access and are unable to download it as part of PS Plus, you won't retain it if you drop EA Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

Battlefront II had a tonne of problems in the first few months, but it's been fixed now. It's an excellent shooter, really great fun.

It pushes you towards 'Capital Supremacy' mode, but 'Galactic Assault' is yer only man for a great birra Star Wars pew pew action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Bit frustrating as I imagine if you have it on EA Access and are unable to download it as part of PS Plus, you won't retain it if you drop EA Access.

Had this exact issue a couple months ago when Sims 4 was free on PS Plus. Couple emails to Sony support and they changed the license so its the PS Plus version instead of EA Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Is BF2 confirmed as the second game ?

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Is BF2 confirmed as the second game ?

There hasn't been official announcement yet. I'm guessing it will be revealed around the time of the state of play tonight

So guess it's a no on a State of Play announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

So guess it's a no on a State of Play announcement

Hopefully that means it will be worth the wait ..

• Advertisement

Hopefully that means it will be worth the wait ..

They will probably just announce it randomly sometime in the next 2 days

Advertisement